Apr 26, 2017 07:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate this episode:
10 - 253 (78.1%)
9 - 49 (15.1%)
8 - 15 (4.6%)
7 - 5 (1.5%)
6 - 1 (0.3%)
5 - 0 (0%)
4 - 1 (0.3%)
3 - 0 (0%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 316

Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [319] The Old Masters  (Read 30352 times)
Acastus
Expert Advisor
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Victim of the gelatinous cube.

« on: Jul 19, 2008 09:25 pm »

Description: Aang seeks advice from past avatars as a fight to free the Earth Kingdom begins under the guidance of Zuko's uncle and his fellow old masters.

Discuss!
firelily
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Set by Zutarawillliveon :)

« Reply #1 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:28 pm »

That was an interesting episode.  The lion-turtle was random, but fitting.

Keeper of Nyla's sense of smell, the 'Love Amongst the Dragons' poster, Aang's peaceful nature, and Sokka's Dragon Pipe!
Malia
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'd rather eat garbage lettuce than a dead body.

« Reply #2 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:33 pm »

IROH! As soon as they showed the Iroh scene, I burst into tears. Also, Aang, I love him so much. He knows what's right, and he won't settle for anything else. Just that the sealionturtle was difficult to understand, though I did make him out. Ah, I just love Aang so much.

you're the greatest Avatard I know.

^ -tearbend- <3
Prodozul
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:35 pm »

woah this episode was incredible i loved the part when jeong jeong started flying around. It was just incredible XD
Jonas Albrecht
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm like some kind of truck that is also a shark.

« Reply #4 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:36 pm »

Super Special Awesome!  It's time for Old People to have a crazy adventure!

But even better, Zuko gets to meet up with Iroh again, and I almost cry mantears when his uncle hugs him.

Shipping kills discussion.
wildfire651
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Proud supporter of Kataang, Maiko, and Sukka!

« Reply #5 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:36 pm »

this part was AMAZING... seeing all of the old masters again (mainly Iroh, and Pakku) was too much to take in

YEAH... pakku is their new grampgramp Grin

Keeper of the fake firebending streamers!
I wish it wasn't all over... Sad
possitiveattitude
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

avvie by Doomsday sig by Sorontar <3

« Reply #6 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:37 pm »

the Iroh/Zuko scene was so heartbreaking. Zuko crying and then Iroh hugging him.

I <3 Kazuko and Platonic!Zukaang, Sukka and The Warden Brothers. I keep the Boiling Rock Theme Song
TerrAqua-bender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:38 pm »

Bumi is just amazing, he took back his whole kingdom by himself.  " When the flames encircled them I was like, oh noes, they've been caught but then I saw Bumi and was like "Huh?" is he in control of the firebenders?Hilarious. Good to hear that GranGran and Pakku are together. "GranPakku.  I'll be back with more after I watch it again.
fallenwings
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:39 pm »

I loved the Iron Zuko scene. It was so heartwarming
sevenspirits
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #9 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:42 pm »

I loved this episode!

It had all my favorite Old People... together!!
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

R.I.P Hahn. Still too bad that no one cares...

« Reply #10 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:44 pm »

When Zuko was crying trying to explain himself to Iroh... it was so emotionally powerful. I almost cried myself. Also, lol Pakku is a granddad now.

Keeps: Hahn's final words (Admiral Choi, prepare to meet your fate!!)
           EIP!Azula's line: "Wait, what's that? I think it's your honor!"
Knowledge Seeker
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #11 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:45 pm »

I loved the scenes with Aang calling up the spirits of Roku, Kyoshi, Kuruk and Yangchen.  The lion turtle was amazing! No wonder Aang couldn't bend that "earth!" What a cool idea, kudos to Bryan & Mike for that one.  I had a tough time understanding the turtle, but I'll just have to listen a little more closely when I watch it again.  

It was awesome to see the old dudes again! Wasn't it great that Bumi kicked Fire Nation butt during the eclipse? GranPakku sounds like a Jack De Sena joke.

Zuko meeting Iroh again was probably the most touching moment in the entire series.  I loved how Iroh grabbed Zuko and hugged him.  
What a great episode!
phaseolus
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

phaseolusv phaseolus_v
« Reply #12 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:47 pm »

Need a favor -- can someone do a quick transcription of what the Lion Turtle said?? It was difficult to understand, especially watching this on a crummy hotel television... Thanks.
Uriel18
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You want to stop breathing?

« Reply #13 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:48 pm »

I just remebered, in "The Library", Aang was looking at a drawn picture of a Lion Turtle, and he said, "Look how big these things are", or something... So it wasn't completely random.

Oh, those aren't homemade pies. They were made in a factory. A bomb factory. They're bombs.
purple-tangerine
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

To be continued...

« Reply #14 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:52 pm »

Yes, Iroh's back, YES.  He's one of my fave characters, along with Toph and Zuko.  I admit, I did kind of freak when I saw the episode title (White Lotus FTW)

The turtle was a bit hard to understand, but I got the gist of it. 

Cyberium
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:55 pm »

White Lotus... not doubt the most powerful organization in the world. None but the Avatar can stop them, I'd think.
shadowfox
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #16 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:58 pm »

The Iroh and Zuko moment made me tear up. You could hear how Zuko was sincerely apologetic and thought he would loose the only person who had the most faith in him the whole time.
fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #17 on: Jul 19, 2008 10:04 pm »

I too was moved by the Zuko and Iroh reunion, if I was Iroh I would have thought that was a dream when he first saw Zuko.

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #18 on: Jul 19, 2008 10:05 pm »

This episode was great! Appa/Nyla is cannon!! It's so great that Pakku and Kanna worked it out! The White Lotus was awesome!

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #19 on: Jul 19, 2008 10:14 pm »

Pakku and Kana!! Booter Freak is gonna be so happy!

Ok, now down to business Smiley I was disappointed Jeong Jeong didn't get a chance to speak more, but the introduction of the Order of the White Lotus was pretty dope. The older generation threw down just as hard, and I loved that they were respected, and highly regarded in this episode.

I love Bumi's story of everyone's escape! Bumi is so wicked in every way, the only thing he is missing is metal bending! That crazy old bender finally got to unleashed his skill, and take back his city!! YES! I love how he asked the gAang what they did for the eclipse Smiley At least someone was triumphant ^_^

Aang connecting with all the Avatars was important, but I still am trying to decide if I like the method. It seemed very random, but I didn't hate it. The dialog between Aang and Yangchen was very eye opening, and made so many things clear to me. He was not alone like he thought he was. He wasn't just an Airbender, he is an Avatar. It made me rethink the Guru episode.

The reunion between Zuko and Iroh made me cry buckets. Seriously, I made two other people cry in my house when my eyes filled up. Uncle reached out, embraced his nephew...and finally, my heart was full of hope for them again. I knew Uncle would forgive him, we all knew. Seeing them together brought back that missing element the show has been lacking since Iroh left.

When Iroh stepped in, and guided the gAang, I felt it was fitting. The great general leading another successful mission furthered his legacy. I am very pleased how the writers treated his character. He is my favorite character in this show, and always will be.

Today...destiny is our friend. That's right Iroh! Time to bring the noise Cool

The new creatures introduced were really slick. I wouldn't mind an Eel Hound...talk about all terrain creature Cheesy The Lion Turtle totally blew me away. Was he a statue, or was he a living breathing animal? I love the Lion Turtle, and was excited to finally see one! The animation was different, but I think they were going for a certain effect.

This episode was great at getting all the pieces together, all the ducks in a line...awesome job Avatar team!

Taang
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #20 on: Jul 19, 2008 10:20 pm »

my eyes started watering when Iroh woke up. and I lol'ed at Sokka: can I call you GranPakku??
and i seriously yelled "BUMI!!!" when I saw him, lol. and I should ahve known all the masters were White Lotus =p I was half-correct with my "Iroh with Sokka's master" theory, lol

"It's so dark, I can't see anything"-Sokka
"What a NIGHTMARE!"-Toph
"Sorry."-Sokka

Keeper of:
The GAang forgetting Tophs blindness.
Aangs undiscovered crush on Toph.
Onji's name.
ThePaintedLady
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #21 on: Jul 19, 2008 10:34 pm »

Zuko and Iroh scene. *sniff* That was so cute. I loved it.

Um, maybe I would have liked the lion turtle better... if I could understand what it was saying. No, seriously, I was freaking out 'cause i couldn't understand a word. A word.

Tokka and Jinko. They live on in my heart. <3
PseudoEthnic
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #22 on: Jul 19, 2008 10:51 pm »

The Old Masters. We got Bumi, Jeong Jeong, Piandao, Pakku, and Iroh all together to kick ass. 'Nuff said.

The Lion-Turtle was random, but it was actually familiar. Does anyone that picture of a lion turtle Aang saw in The Library episode? That was some odd foreshadowing.
Katsuno_Hitomi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Look, a distraction!

« Reply #23 on: Jul 19, 2008 10:56 pm »

The Old Masters. We got Bumi, Jeong Jeong, Piandao, Pakku, and Iroh all together to kick ass. 'Nuff said.

The Lion-Turtle was random, but it was actually familiar. Does anyone that picture of a lion turtle Aang saw in The Library episode? That was some odd foreshadowing.

What can I say? Bryke knows how to foreshadow. I woulden't mind an eel hound myself. Hooray for the Order of the White Lotus!

Here there be dragons.
iKeep: BA Sing Se cha-cha, Toph\'s FN headdress, Katara\'s \"pregnant\" belly
Foofoocuddlypoops
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Aww, how cute!

« Reply #24 on: Jul 19, 2008 10:58 pm »

That's some awesome foreshadowing. I forgot all about that picture from the library.

I loved the scene between Zuko and Iroh. I've been waiting for it for a year and a half, since he betrayed Iroh in Ba Sing Se, and I certainly was not disappointed. The scene was touching and beautiful.

The lionturtle was so hard to understand! It didn't help that my friend and sister were talking at the moment about how they couldn't understand him, but still. That was one deep voice.

Who needs flying when you can get anywhere with an eel hound?

Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: