Sep 20, 2017 05:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate this episode:
10 - 220 (75.3%)
9 - 43 (14.7%)
8 - 19 (6.5%)
7 - 5 (1.7%)
6 - 4 (1.4%)
5 - 0 (0%)
4 - 0 (0%)
3 - 1 (0.3%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 286

Pages: « previous page   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [318] The Phoenix King  (Read 27694 times)
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #150 on: Feb 14, 2015 02:22 am »

Um...I don't know... Undecided

They can't all be sages though...right?

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #151 on: Feb 14, 2015 06:57 am »

Um...I don't know... Undecided

They can't all be sages though...right?

Why not? They are probably all the Fire Sages from all over the Fire Nation. That should be a lot of people.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #152 on: Feb 14, 2015 07:28 am »

Quote from: The Phoenix King transcript
Cut to an overhead view of the royal plaza in the Fire Nation. There's a ship docked near the port and some contigents are seen on both sides of the red carpet. Cut to a group of Fire Nation citizens bowing down to a palanquin passing by with a silhouette of a person inside. Cut to a close up to Ozai's face to reveal that he is the one currently in the palanquin. Cut to an overhead shot of the red carpet as Ozai's palanquin proceeds forward.

Some moments later...

Quote from: The Phoenix King transcript
A large, maroon phoenix motif banner is raised behind him. Cut to the line of firebenders holding the normal, red Fire Lord banners as another group of firebenders in front of them bring up the new, maroon Phoenix King banners. Cut to the other side as they do the same. Cut to 2 firebenders poised beside a giant urn at the bottom of a pillar. Camera zooms in on the urn as they firebend into 2 openings at the side of the urn. Camera pans up the pillar as fire lights up at the top. Cut to the citizens as they bow down. The pillars on each side of the banner light up to resemble a pair of phoenix wings. Cut back to Ozai in his full phoenix armor as the camera slowly zooms out to show the banner and the fire pillars.

I must have transcribed wrongly all those years ago huh? They felt like citizens instead of sages to me.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #153 on: Feb 14, 2015 07:41 am »

I must have transcribed wrongly all those years ago huh? They felt like citizens instead of sages to me.

They were wearing Sage-robes and Sage-hats, and we couldn't see anyone else doing that in the show but actual Fire Sages. The FN people at Zuko's coronation didn't wear those clothes either:

The Fire Sages did, though:

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #154 on: Feb 14, 2015 07:59 am »

Is there a need to argue who exactly was there as Ozai's Phoenix King ceremony in the Capitol that was shown to be crowded with ordinary citizens in early Book 3? Why can't the citizens be wearing ceremonial outfits to welcome their new pompous king?

Zuko strikes to me as being more laid back and would easily tell others to not have so much fanfare during his coronation ceremony after a war where everyone else suffered besides the FN. I would assume Zuko asked the audience to dress humbly.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #155 on: Feb 14, 2015 08:20 am »

Is there a need to argue who exactly was there as Ozai's Phoenix King ceremony in the Capitol that was shown to be crowded with ordinary citizens in early Book 3? Why can't the citizens be wearing ceremonial outfits to welcome their new pompous king?

Why can't they be Fire Sages? They look exactly like Fire Sages, and they sure had a good reason to be there in those great numbers, as Ozai was effectively their Pope.

I dunno, but citizens clothing exactly like priests during ceremonies is kinda' weird for me.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #156 on: Feb 14, 2015 08:31 am »

Why not? Given the FN's strict regime, I won't be surprised that the citizens have mandatory clothes for certain events.

AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #157 on: Feb 14, 2015 08:42 am »

Why not? Given the FN's strict regime, I won't be surprised that the citizens have mandatory clothes for certain events.

But Fire Sage clothes? One would think that citizens and priests should be distinctive during ceremonies to give a visual representation to the social hierarchy.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Esperaholon
On Probation
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #158 on: Feb 14, 2015 01:51 pm »

List of things I enjoy

#456 - AtoMaki in a grudge match with Icy_Ashford over what does or does not count as a Fire Sage in the Fire Nation. I don't even know why except it is the most polite example of "no you're wrong" I have ever seen... obviously they're both misplaced Canadians.

#3 - Canadians - even the smug ones... they're like puppies... I love puppies.

#1 - Being right.
#2 - Puppies
Pages: « previous page   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: