May 27, 2017 06:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate this episode:
10 - 220 (75.3%)
9 - 43 (14.7%)
8 - 19 (6.5%)
7 - 5 (1.7%)
6 - 4 (1.4%)
5 - 0 (0%)
4 - 0 (0%)
3 - 1 (0.3%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 286

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [318] The Phoenix King  (Read 26674 times)
Shi Len
Banned Clone Account
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I like rocks.

« Reply #125 on: Dec 11, 2010 12:19 am »

It's been around for a while, it's like that expression "it's so easy i can do it with my eyes closed. Or it has an acute sense of smell or hearing.

Keeper of: Rebuilt Southern and Northern Water Tribes, The Earth Rumble VII, and Hama\\\'s Prison Cage.
Boosflash
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ozai's Keeper

« Reply #126 on: Dec 11, 2010 01:02 pm »

or maybe the writers wanted to put in that famous "the creature opened its eyes" scene. its a classic.

Keeper of Ozai's Ozainess,
Keeper of The Monkey
Keeper of "Doctor please, I don't think that arm goes in there."
I hope I stole your post.
Shi Len
Banned Clone Account
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I like rocks.

« Reply #127 on: Dec 12, 2010 08:39 pm »

^ Meh? It's season three so i didn't really expect much.

Keeper of: Rebuilt Southern and Northern Water Tribes, The Earth Rumble VII, and Hama\\\'s Prison Cage.
Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #128 on: Mar 24, 2011 09:57 pm »

I found it intresting when Aang was meditating on all four elements on that plate.

How'd he know to do that? Plus, I guess those red things represent air, but what are they?
« Last Edit: Mar 24, 2011 10:01 pm by Ms.DoubleW » Logged

My keeps: Korra & Tenzin's relationship, Tenzin's air wheel, Tenzin's locket of Guru Laghima, Tenzin's lecture on Monk Tang Xu's historic fast
Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #129 on: Apr 08, 2011 06:48 pm »

I found it intresting when Aang was meditating on all four elements on that plate.

How'd he know to do that? Plus, I guess those red things represent air, but what are they?

Oh my gosh, I never noticed that! Genius!

"I told you I would destroy you."
"With you out of the way, I will be the one true Avatar."
"Your name will echo throughout history: Korra, the last Avatar."
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #130 on: Apr 08, 2011 11:34 pm »

^ Isn't that just his dinner? Tongue

I fail to see what the yellow and red balls are supposed to represent. I guess the yellow ones could be rocks (very weird rocks), but the little red ones?

toontow87
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #131 on: Apr 09, 2011 01:11 pm »

^ Isn't that just his dinner? Tongue
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe its bread on the plate?

Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #132 on: Jul 08, 2011 09:19 am »

why would he meditate on his dinner?

My keeps: Korra & Tenzin's relationship, Tenzin's air wheel, Tenzin's locket of Guru Laghima, Tenzin's lecture on Monk Tang Xu's historic fast
Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #133 on: Jul 08, 2011 09:37 am »

He might be hungry after he's finished. He might meditate for ages at a time. *TLA joke about 4 days! etc.*
whatzitsname
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

(WARNING: This fan is a 'Kataang' supporter!!!)

« Reply #134 on: Apr 09, 2012 07:45 am »

Apologies if this is bumping a thread no-one wants to talk about, but something that has brewed with me for a long time is the sand sculpture of Suki that Sokka made. Is it just me, or does it bear a remarkable resemblance to a certain Pokémon called Venusaur?!  Shocked

Whatz is keeper of:
-'The Track Team' musical score for the Order of the White Lotus' battle in Ba Sing Se
-Toph's rhythimc knock on the airship control room door (Into the Inferno)
-Monk Gyatso's butt-kicking of Aang at Pai Sho
-The singing prairie dog that pops out under Sokka in 'The Library'
version15
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #135 on: Dec 18, 2013 07:48 pm »

^actually its a lion turtle Wink this episode wasn't my favorite of the finale ones but it was still great.

Keeper of the Red Spirit, both the canon inspiration for the Blue Spirit and the real life title messup in the channel guides on TV
Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #136 on: Jan 01, 2015 12:30 pm »

This was my least favorite portion of the finale, but it still had a lot of good moments. Sokka's attempt to replicate Suki in his artwork was hilarious. Poor guy, at least he tried. So props to Sokka. I also liked Toph moving on to crushing on Zuko. I also liked the entire group dynamic. The scene where Aang is confronted with the reality that he has to kill Ozai showed off the dynamic that everyone brings to the group perfectly. You have Zuko is cynical, Katara who is motherly, Sokka who is a realist, and Toph who...acts like Toph?

Anyway, I have a few complaints: I absolutely detest the anime-esque facial expressions the show occassionally does. They are so distracting, especially since the show uses more westeen expressions for comical effect. I also thought Sokka was over the top in his silly antics. Seriously, crawling into Appa's mouth? A
fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #137 on: Feb 10, 2015 08:32 am »

I am thinking what happened at the end of the episode with Ozai and Azula, I think the way he told her he was leaving her behind, was not only maybe because he is noticing her snapping and losing confidence in her, but also was his way of punishing her for lying to him about Zuko killing the Avatar. I think Ozai is not someone who easily forgives and let things slide, Iroh even said so, but I think he is smart enough to know she is the only heir he has left (though wouldn't put it past Ozai to look into finding a way to find imortality) and she has been very helpful tool, and he favors her over Zuko to begin with, so his punishment is not going to be as harsh as with Zuko, but I think at the same time he wants to remind everyone who is boss and don't cross him. We see in the Search flashback on why Ursa was banashed he is very paranoid, so in his mind let Azula get completely away with that, only empowers her to someday try to overthrow him. And mainly he could have told her in private to stay behind and making her Fire Lord and stuff, but he purprosely told her in public in front of all the soulders to humilate her.

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #138 on: Feb 10, 2015 07:47 pm »

Did Ozai actually care about having an heir? Sure, dangling the possibility of the crown was a way to keep his kids jumping, but if none of them lived up to what Ozai saw as the basic requirements (strength and ruthlessness, basically), would he still care about an orderly transition of power? I can see him allowing the Fire Nation to descend into a succession crisis, and rationalizing it as something that will make the nation stronger.

AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #139 on: Feb 11, 2015 08:09 am »

Did Ozai actually care about having an heir? Sure, dangling the possibility of the crown was a way to keep his kids jumping, but if none of them lived up to what Ozai saw as the basic requirements (strength and ruthlessness, basically), would he still care about an orderly transition of power? I can see him allowing the Fire Nation to descend into a succession crisis, and rationalizing it as something that will make the nation stronger.

I wonder if anyone cared. It was just so odd that the only people who were present at Ozai's ceremony and Azula's coronation were the Fire Sages, but their presence was kinda' compulsory considering that they probably couldn't just skip their boss' antics. The people who actually ran the nation (ministers, generals, bureaucrats, and so on) were missing all along, and only re-appeared for Zuko's coronation. It really felt like the people in power simply wrote off Ozai (or never considered him important in the first place) and decided to ignore the Royal Family until it worked out its problems.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #140 on: Feb 11, 2015 04:02 pm »

I wonder if anyone cared. It was just so odd that the only people who were present at Ozai's ceremony  were the Fire Sages,

Wait...wasn't there an entire army of troops standing beneath Ozai during his ceremony?

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #141 on: Feb 11, 2015 05:08 pm »

I wonder if anyone cared. It was just so odd that the only people who were present at Ozai's ceremony  were the Fire Sages,

Wait...wasn't there an entire army of troops standing beneath Ozai during his ceremony?

No, only Fire Sages:

The only soldiers there were the standard bearers. But they were kinda' necessary.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #142 on: Feb 11, 2015 06:58 pm »

That's a lot of sages, though. I was never sure if they were all supposed to be sages, or if they were Fire Nation people wearing their best "church clothes." After all, Roku pretty much wears those same robes. I mean, yeah, maybe Ozai called all the active sages together in order to legitimize his self-promotion, but it's just something I've sometimes wondered when watching reruns.

But yeah, it is a good point about the military leadership being prominently absent. Makes me wonder if they were all having a meeting, saying, "Okay, once the boss realizes that he can't actually burn the entire Earth Kingdom in half an hour, we better have a plan ready to go for dealing with those uprisings. I'm going to start with suggesting a troop surge. Anyone else like the idea of a troop surge?"

Hmm, but then why wouldn't Azula have been involved at some point?

Maybe they didn't applaud loud enough when Ozai first floated his Phoenix King plan, and they were banished?

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #143 on: Feb 11, 2015 07:29 pm »

I've always assumed that crowd was the imperial fire-benders for some reason...

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #144 on: Feb 11, 2015 07:35 pm »

Everyone wears those shoulder pads, and it's a similar shade of red. I think I made that same mistake when I first saw it.

AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #145 on: Feb 12, 2015 06:51 am »

That's a lot of sages, though.

I think they are all the sages from the FN, actually. Ozai was their big boss, after all.

But yeah, it is a good point about the military leadership being prominently absent. Makes me wonder if they were all having a meeting, saying, "Okay, once the boss realizes that he can't actually burn the entire Earth Kingdom in half an hour, we better have a plan ready to go for dealing with those uprisings. I'm going to start with suggesting a troop surge. Anyone else like the idea of a troop surge?"

Hmm, but then why wouldn't Azula have been involved at some point?

Maybe they didn't applaud loud enough when Ozai first floated his Phoenix King plan, and they were banished?

I think the generals scrapped this Operation Scorched Earth soon after Ozai made it up. It was quite evident that the airship crew didn't take it seriously either (Birthday party? Really?). They just let it go because the military industry was starving for those airship contracts, and nobody really had the inclination to enlighten Ozai about the sheer stupidity of his plan.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #146 on: Feb 13, 2015 02:36 pm »

I think those are the hooded guys that were first scene during Ozai's coronation in Zuko Alone.

In my opinion those are civilians in cultic/ceremonial clothing, not Fire Sages or soldiers.
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #147 on: Feb 13, 2015 05:57 pm »

I think those are the hooded guys that were first scene during Ozai's coronation in Zuko Alone.

Those guys looked a lot different than the ones at the Phoenix King ceremony:

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #148 on: Feb 13, 2015 11:32 pm »

Yeah, but the ceremonies were to different atmospheres. Ozai's coronation was also a funeral. The Pheonix King thing was the opposite. It could be the same people wearing different clothes. 

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #149 on: Feb 14, 2015 12:43 am »

So who are they, even if their robes changed?

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: