May 25, 2017 10:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate this episode:
10 - 220 (75.3%)
9 - 43 (14.7%)
8 - 19 (6.5%)
7 - 5 (1.7%)
6 - 4 (1.4%)
5 - 0 (0%)
4 - 0 (0%)
3 - 1 (0.3%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 286

Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [318] The Phoenix King  (Read 26660 times)
Acastus
Expert Advisor
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Victim of the gelatinous cube.

« on: Jul 19, 2008 09:24 pm »

Description: Aang learns of the Fire Lord's plans for the day of the comet from Zuko, who pushes him to train harder. Meanwhile, Ozai proclaims himself the Phoenix King and leaves the Fire nation in Azula's hands.

Discuss!
wildfire651
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Proud supporter of Kataang, Maiko, and Sukka!

« Reply #1 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:25 pm »

omg

it kinda made me mad how it still seemed like they were not fully trusting in zuko... but it was amazing just like the rest of the finale

Best line in the series
Toph- "I call Zuko! Everyone else got their life changing field trip with him!"

EDIT- didnt know this was just for the first part
« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2008 09:32 pm by wildfire651 » Logged

Keeper of the fake firebending streamers!
I wish it wasn't all over... Sad
firelily
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Set by Zutarawillliveon :)

« Reply #2 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:25 pm »

Let me just say, Ozai's crazy plan for power seemed bound to fail.  A bluff wrapped in power.

Keeper of Nyla's sense of smell, the 'Love Amongst the Dragons' poster, Aang's peaceful nature, and Sokka's Dragon Pipe!
Cookiecrisp0
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Uhh...meow?

cookiecrisp0
« Reply #3 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:26 pm »

Ozai finally lost it in power.
"Absolute power corrupts absolutely"

I prefer to remember the good times... KCA 08!
TLA reaction:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXXL87NTdFI
Malia
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'd rather eat garbage lettuce than a dead body.

« Reply #4 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:27 pm »

I can't even think straight to express the awesomeness of this episode and the rest of the finale. First off, AANG. <3 Azula is just crazy. And the Phoenix King having to do with rebirth was a really great touch. That is all I can say for now. My head is spinning.

you're the greatest Avatard I know.

^ -tearbend- <3
chiefilliniwek
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:28 pm »

OMG.... It was so amazing, I cannot describe the emotions inside of me. I know you mods don't like people giving short replies, but there is nothing I can say to describe how I felt about this finale.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:28 pm »

the...best...episode...ever!
if any eppy deserves a 10, its this one.

i just wish that toph's bracelet could have served some use at all.
also i wish we knew what happened to azula and ursa; though i guess we know that azula has gone crazy.

i cant believe this is it, but im so glad it ended the way it ended!

Tryin to upload a sig here...but I don\'t have a photobucket...
BlackxRose19
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

"He's making fire out of NOTHING!!!" :D

« Reply #7 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:30 pm »

Aw, this makes it harder with different threads...let me just say, it was amazingly epic.  I laughed, screamed, cried, got angry, got happy, and (obviously, by the crying) was really sad...Avatar, I'll really miss you.  And you left so many questions unanswered...please, make a spin-off or something!

Anyway, I can't clearly split the 4 episodes apart, so, I loved all of it!

~I ship Zucest...don't kill me...
~Keeper of: Azula's possible soul/heart, Toph's crazy poofy morning hair, Crazula's crying in the finale. Cheesy
Jonas Albrecht
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm like some kind of truck that is also a shark.

« Reply #8 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:31 pm »

See the amazing journey that is Azula's decent into madness!  She's clearly feeling the effects of isolating herself, and is only placated by the offer of becoming Firelord.  It's very interesting to watch the cold, calculating Azula, lose her grip.

Actually, that comes later.  Right now, it's all about The Melon Lord.

Thank you for reminding me why I love Toph.

Shipping kills discussion.
goarmy1764
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #9 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:33 pm »

OMG i loved avatar, im so mad its over, i still have questions like what about zuko's mother?!?! they showed him asking but no answer
Hotaru
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I will make no such promises.

« Reply #10 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:33 pm »

I owe allegiance to the Melon Lord!

Sparkly Sparkly Bush Man!
Irohbics Instructor
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Hiphopopotmuscow & Kimodo Rhymnoceros

« Reply #11 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:34 pm »

10 10 10 10 10 10
If I have to explain why, the you did not see the episode.

The agnikai music...perfect
The ending battle resolution...perfect
The minimal amount of commercials until the end...perfect
Toka time but smellertoph at the end, why not Cool
The avatar state has returned and simply amazing, the animation staff must must have burned through two million yellow and red pencils on Aang!

Favorite scene...Toph's airship metal bending / Iroh's comet strength first shot

I will give the other 1500+ avatards some awsomeness to declare as well.  

Keeper of
Toph's morning spittoon The Nomad's rhythm Feng (Balls of Fury, Walken) & Mai's identical twins birth certificate  Shipping: Irangran
TerrAqua-bender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #12 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:35 pm »

When Zuko started attacking Aang, I was surprised that they didn't realize that he was trying to help? Anyway, umm Ozai, egomaniac much???  It was nice to see Azula get put in her place though.  And the training sequence was fun as well.
Prodozul
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:38 pm »

When I saw the part where Ozai was talking about his plan to wipe out the fire nation I couldn't but to smile at the idea. It seemed so awesome yet frightening at the same time. But for obvious reasons it wouldn't have worked out.
sokkafan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ASN- best Avatar forum in the world.

« Reply #14 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:39 pm »

Toph was very genre savvy here.
Katara: I have a surprise!
Toph: I knew there was something going on with you and Haru!

Also, I think that Toph went after Sokka and Zuko because she has crushes on teenaged guys who are friendly to her and make perfect friends.

-  Fin. -

Merry Christmas!
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:39 pm »

The beginning of this episode was really nice. I can't tell you how many sand Appas I have made over the years Zuko chasing Aang, and Aang finally turned to defend him was really awesome. I love the tunnel of fire that Zuko created. You could tell how frustrated he was with all of it. Aang's spiritual journey on the mysterious island was very confusing at first. I thought it was the tree from the swamp at first, but then realized it was moving, and taking him away.

I love the moment when Toph yells out, "I'm going with Zuko. What? Everyone else got to go on a life changing field trip with Zuko, now it's my turn". We all were wondering when it was her turn! I love Zuko's response. It was classic. The violins in the background were perfect when Toph said it was the worst field trip ever.

Sokka in the Appa slime was hilarious. I loved watching Sokka trying to get up while the rest of the gAand looked to Zuko for guidance. I loved seeing him leading the gAang. It was so surreal, but he was the right person for the job. Bringing them back to Jun was brilliant. I only wish Jun had joined them all the way to Uncle Tongue

The martial arts moves were everywhere during this episode. I could barely believe I was watching animation!!! All the moves were so fluid and exciting. I was seriously watching with a gapping mouth. Finding out the evil plan of the Fire Lord didn't surprise me. When his new title was first hinted, I had a feeling he was out to destroy everything.

The new spirit world connection was different. I guess it was an important feature that needed to be introduced so we didn't need another swamp/solstice/guru episode.

This episode was certainly another good balance of action, story, and comedy. An awesome way to start off the greatest Nickelodeon finale ever!!!

swk
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #16 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:41 pm »

This was a great soft start to the final four episodes, Toph provided great comic relief in this one and I really loved the Sokka and Appa interaction...
arasam22
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

if you need me, I'm probably in the sig game...

« Reply #17 on: Jul 19, 2008 09:53 pm »

i gave this one a nine.... idk why.... it was just so... weird.  like, it was still amazing, and i know you need a slower beginning.  and it was funny too! but... it was just so weird!! 

SRF: Jan 5-July 19, 2008
Requests open for the summer!
AnngSeth
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: Jul 19, 2008 10:02 pm »

I wish that they could say what happend after zuko asked his father in the prison cell "where was is my mother" near the end of the movie, I dont know are they going to start another season.
AnngSeth
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #19 on: Jul 19, 2008 10:03 pm »

I think I should have put this on avatar aang forum... opps
PhantasyElementz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #20 on: Jul 19, 2008 10:05 pm »

Toph cheerfully acting as Melon Lord was sheer comic genius.  I just love her to bits and pieces!  She must be so much fun to write!

I'm surprised at how much they made the Fire Lord's rhetoric sound like Hitler's.  I mean, the show has touched on genocide before, but this was a total head-on confrontation with the concept.

I felt really bad for Aang, because he was right; no one understood him.  Heck, it seems like not even his past lives understood, because in the Avatar State, the past-life collective almost killed Ozai.  It was Aang who stopped it all.  But that's later... The episodes blend together too much!  There should just be one finale thread!

Classic Book Summaries By Phantasy!

The Scarlett Letter - *angst* *shame* *romance* *shame* *angst*

The Catcher in the Rye - *angst* *angst* *angst* phonies *angst*

Hamlet - *AAAAAAANNNNNNNGGGGGSSSSSSSTT* *dead*
fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #21 on: Jul 19, 2008 10:06 pm »

This was a good beginning to the finale. I loved the cameo by the fake Aang from the play, and the beach party part was funny, though I don't get how Toph could see any of the sand sculptures.

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
TheGreatExpression
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #22 on: Jul 19, 2008 10:12 pm »

It was weird with Aang being on the floating island and not knowing where the heck he was, but overall I thought it was a great episode.

Then the way Ozai spoke so calmly about wiping out the Earth Kingdom- very chilling.

I also loved when Aang yelled at everyone that they didn't understand what he was going through- it was so real feeling.

And the way Azula began her descent into madness. I loved how she banished everyone she came into contact with. And the Lo/Li joke was very funny, too. Oh, Azula. I have never liked her a tiny bit since she first appeared, but this finale finally made me feel for her.

.visit www.whatismae.com to learn more.
Elenar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

LONG LIVE FIRELORD AZULA!

« Reply #23 on: Jul 19, 2008 10:31 pm »

man, Ozai's decloration of pheniox king was amazing. I am so glad we saw the war meeting...and azula's cool slipping up. 10/10

keeper of Azula's cloak
shipper of Maiko & Ty Zula
I do not ship Ozula (Ozai+Azula) but I think it has happened/ is happening
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

av by nonamk, resized by me.

« Reply #24 on: Jul 19, 2008 10:33 pm »

I just finished the first episode (8:30pm West coast) and Ozai's declaring himself the Phoenix King, was amazing.

And now #2 is going to start The Old Masters.

ULG,KLF

Sig by me. Brushes by Stephanie. my dA
I keep Kakashi's Anbu mask. Kakashi's sword & sweet lips.
Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: