Oct 18, 2019 07:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate this episode
10 - 282 (45.6%)
9 - 105 (17%)
8 - 104 (16.8%)
7 - 62 (10%)
6 - 26 (4.2%)
5 - 11 (1.8%)
4 - 13 (2.1%)
3 - 5 (0.8%)
2 - 5 (0.8%)
1 - 6 (1%)
Total Voters: 611

Pages: « previous page   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [317] The Ember Island Players  (Read 81058 times)
KingOfThePandas
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King Panda Of The Navi Panda Water Bending Elves!

« Reply #950 on: Jan 11, 2011 08:50 am »

Yeah and another great thing it was a good recap on what had happend to our questies

"What if we had ideas that could think for themselves? What if one day our dreams no longer needed us? When these things occur and are held to be true, the time will be upon us. The Time of Angels."
-River Song, Dr who
birdiegirl8
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

So much win in this icon.

« Reply #951 on: Jan 20, 2011 12:38 pm »

if it means anything, this episode inspired me to write a kingdom hearts version called "The Destiney Island Players" with the Gaang replaced by Sora, Kairi, Riku, Donald, Goofy and Mickey. It's pretty stupid, even I'll admit it.

^I meant Destiny not Destiney. I spelled it like my friend's name on accident. My bad.

Double post merged. ~ Icy
« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2011 08:40 am by Icy_Ashford » Logged

KingOfThePandas
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #952 on: Jan 21, 2011 10:33 am »

Na that sounds really cool you will have to post it

"What if we had ideas that could think for themselves? What if one day our dreams no longer needed us? When these things occur and are held to be true, the time will be upon us. The Time of Angels."
-River Song, Dr who
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #953 on: Jan 21, 2011 10:39 am »

^I meant Destiny not Destiney. I spelled it like my friend's name on accident. My bad.

You can use the Modify-button if you want to change your post.

birdiegirl8
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #954 on: Jan 21, 2011 06:01 pm »

Sorry about the not modifying thing. And as for the story, I sorta need to finish it and do some light editing and post it. But thanks for the support, King. By the way, love your username. My panda-loving friend would love you but would overthrow you to be queen of the pandas.

Actually on second thought, she'd just be King since she decided that the Asian vampire in Vampires Suck was her... yeah, I can't watch that movie the same way since she said that.
« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2011 12:45 pm by birdiegirl8 » Logged

KingOfThePandas
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #955 on: Jan 22, 2011 08:38 am »

Its a empty seat at the moment. XD she's welcome anytime  Cheesy

I love the quote from this episode
'This is the wacky time wasting nonsense i've been missing' ahhh brings a smile to my face every time

-River Song, Dr who
Eire
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Visitor worlds apart

648718851 eireika2@yahoo.com
« Reply #956 on: Jan 22, 2011 03:09 pm »

The time I was watching TLA I used to support Zutara so I should hate this ep, but it become one of my favourites. Showing different versions of character's story is figure hardly to be found in cartoons, but it always give good effects.
EIP can be considered as a filler, but it not just develop characters, but give nice background that make whole series more reliable.
If we think close there's not many events in our world which reception hasn't been formed by art.
Seeing how from the pieces of informations the "well-known" version of the story is formed and spread among people is very realistic. People behind 4th wall know what happened, but those inside the story doesn't have that luxury and have to make their opinion based on official and unsure sources. I wonder if showing this process was the intention or side effect.

Per aspera ad astra, man!

"I judge, lord, that ten thousands of nacked maidens make less impression than one"
Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #957 on: Feb 21, 2011 07:23 pm »

Yeah, the cosplay jokes.

Actually, a lot of jokes making fun of the fandom.

"Did Jet...die"

"Ya know, it was really unclear."

Lol, I love that part! This is probably the funniest episode of the series.

"I told you I would destroy you."
"With you out of the way, I will be the one true Avatar."
"Your name will echo throughout history: Korra, the last Avatar."
birdiegirl8
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #958 on: Feb 22, 2011 12:56 pm »

i feel like that was almost an improv on Jack DeSena's part. but that line as well as the rest of the episode crack me up everytime.

worldends08
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm an Avatard. Big whoop. Want to fight about it?

« Reply #959 on: Feb 23, 2011 10:45 pm »

^I thought the same when he said "But the effects were decent."

Keeper of nothing but my own imagination & and this->
birdiegirl8
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #960 on: Feb 24, 2011 12:32 pm »

i love that line, especially since when they came up with that, Mike and Bryan were thinking that TLA was gonna be good, with Shyamalan on board. oh the irony.

familyyguy
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #961 on: Jul 25, 2011 06:45 pm »

It just came on, this is one of my favorite episodes because it provides both comedy and some story. I love it when it comes on, so fun to watch.

fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #962 on: Jun 27, 2012 06:54 pm »

So the voices for the actors, did the voice actors in the casting? Or just the casting did some stunt casting for the fun of it on their own? For example, actor Zuko voiced by Dante Basco's brother, actress Azula voiced by Tara Strong who is very close friends with Grey DeLisle. 

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
Qin Shi Huang
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

All Under Heaven

« Reply #963 on: Jul 05, 2012 08:26 am »

Jokes and good humor aside, the EIP theater character representation of the Gaang and some other main characters atleast for me, is VERY reminiscent of Maoist opera, when they always represent people of the old regime [chiang kai shek's] or landlord/rich people or in general enemies of China during that time [US and its allies] in a VERY negative light, normally portraying them as weak/coward/evil/moronic and such.

Aaaand yes, EIP was a ''wacky time wasting nonsense'' that we all love it hah ^_^

I Keep: War Minister Qin's hat - Chin the Great's shoes -

''^ Dude, if both betrayed her again, she'd end it right there and then.'' - Flipdark95
Eire
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Visitor worlds apart

« Reply #964 on: Jul 05, 2012 02:25 pm »

Shouldn't we rename ASN into Mao's FansBoard? Because every vague reference to things that happen in every nation with authoritarian government seems to be taken down to Chinese Communists.

"I judge, lord, that ten thousands of nacked maidens make less impression than one"
Qin Shi Huang
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

All Under Heaven

« Reply #965 on: Jul 06, 2012 08:50 am »

I think so... but I was talking in a 'humorous' sense of things,not really stating this or that ^_^
And references to Chinese communists may seem absurd, but are ONE BIT more realistical than those morons who keep saying that FN is Japan.
The only plausible reference in Avatar to Mao's era is the airbender genocide parallels to Tibet invasion,destruction of temples and all that has happened.  Undecided

Now there are some people who parallels Ba Sing Se govt to Red China, incredible absurd that is.  Angry

They have a king/emperor who is treated exatly like a god <Long Feng said it>. AND is a 'puppet' to a near-fascist regime...
Imperial Japan anyone?? Dai Li are a better mix of chinese JinYiWei [ancient Ming dynasty secret police] and WW2 Japanese Secret Polices and Kempeitai than any chinese police/red guard

''^ Dude, if both betrayed her again, she'd end it right there and then.'' - Flipdark95
Eire
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Visitor worlds apart

« Reply #966 on: Jul 06, 2012 09:26 am »

Your comment is a bit messy, but it just proves that situation you describe has no links to Commies in China, but the time of Xinhai Revolution.

colle
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #967 on: Jul 06, 2012 09:31 am »

I don't red hot hate this episode, I don't hate any episode, but it is one of my least favorites. I guess paraodis of something I see as serious(I see Avatar as being serious with some humor) and like are not to my taste. However, I can imagine that after everything is over a somewhat settled down, the gang writing a letter to the Ember Island Players saying, basically, "amusing show but you got this wrong and this wrong..."
Eire
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Visitor worlds apart

« Reply #968 on: Jul 06, 2012 09:34 am »

Why would they? That episode was a great lesson for kids that mass media to not rely on mass media in term of historical records. I'd rather see "new, upgraded version" full or even worse misconceptions, since the things shown became a legend. 

colle
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #969 on: Jul 06, 2012 11:49 am »

Why would they? That episode was a great lesson for kids that mass media to not rely on mass media in term of historical records. I'd rather see "new, upgraded version" full or even worse misconceptions, since the things shown became a legend.  

I thought of it as a joke really(the gang writing a letter to the Ember Island players), anyway I rather not revisit the concept.
« Last Edit: Jul 06, 2012 11:53 am by colle » Logged
Qin Shi Huang
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

All Under Heaven

« Reply #970 on: Jul 06, 2012 06:44 pm »

Xinhai revolution got some motivation for losing wars and such too, corruption in the govt, and some other reasons too, which is not exatly like the peasant rebellion, since the revolutionists in China [xinhai] were far more ready to strike,with ties to the west/japs, and more ''cultured'' in an general sense than the avatar peasant rebellion in the EK.

It surely looks more like Xiang Yu's/Liu Bang rebellion during the period post Qin Shi Huang Di [hey,its me ^_^] death, people annoyed with heavy taxation, burdens, heavyhanded laws
AND the rebellion resulted in vandalism, burning of palaces, looting and somehow an decrease in bureaucrats/intelectuals, by putting militarists/rebels in power.

Pages: « previous page   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: