Jun 28, 2017 11:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate this episode
10 - 286 (45.8%)
9 - 127 (20.3%)
8 - 101 (16.2%)
7 - 67 (10.7%)
6 - 15 (2.4%)
5 - 12 (1.9%)
4 - 5 (0.8%)
3 - 2 (0.3%)
2 - 2 (0.3%)
1 - 8 (1.3%)
Total Voters: 621

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [316] The Southern Raiders  (Read 71185 times)
MushashiRen
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #25 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:52 pm »

i thought the episode was awesome. i thought the suki/sokka thing was very funny. when i saw azula with her hair down, i thought she looked cuter than when she has it up. i never noticed that the girls who voices azula also voiced Kya too. i thought when aang was talking to katara about not killing the person that killed her mom (i forget his name. you know, i've only seen this episode once), i found those words to be rather annoying. how dare aang try and force his beliefs on his friends. i understand violence is never the answer, but sometimes it's necessary.
« Last Edit: Jul 17, 2008 08:00 pm by MushashiRen » Logged
sokkafan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ASN- best Avatar forum in the world.

« Reply #26 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:52 pm »

Azula looks good with her hair down. She should wear it like that more often...

It was disappointing with all the speculation, to say the least.
I agree, two-thirds of it was the journey to the Southern Raiders.

I can't most any more now because, "While you were writing (insert large number here) new replies have been posted."
But, bloodbending and the Sokka tent scene wins.
Overall, an 8.

-  Fin. -

Merry Christmas!
Darmani
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Maigano
« Reply #27 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:52 pm »

Dang...

I missed the very beginning when the zeppelins show up.  And MAN that aerial battle was amazing.

Azula can once again DO ANYTHING.  Oh well beats the heroes saving her like complete douches (not that that's likely how SHE'LL go out)

Hmm...I'm unsure of this episode.  See there are some long term plot threads which are merged and reasonably so but its like. . . I don't know- abrupt.

For instance why is it that Katara trusts Zuko enough to go on a mission with him and makes up at the end?  Sure he backed her up.  and they started to work together well.  But...she had some legitimate grievances directed at Zuko saying its all misplaced mommy issues feels wrong.  Not that the conclusion of her path to vengenance was.  And thank god they recalled to blood bending.

I kinda was looking forward to the meeting.

By the way, that man was pitiable but NOT misunderstood.  I mean offering his own mom?  And why is he so poor and living with her after a nice career of slaughter?

Act I missed it how did they know a waterbender was there?

Darmani promises not to use "CANON" if Zutarians don't use "DESTINY"
I want a Book Air, Avatar Pen and Paper RPG, and *good* near free-form action video game. I also want a pony.
earth_lizard
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #28 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:52 pm »

I loved this episode! So amazingly good! Didn't cry though, like I thought I would. But I almost did cry. Yeah for BFF!Zutara! Finally Katara forgives him! This episode was great, even had some funny moments: "What? Is it your turn to go on a field trip with Zuko?" Cheesy And the Sokka!tent scene was too funny. I choked on my popcorn. This episode get a 10 from me! Grin

iKeep: Bolin's green eyes, the new winged lemur species
My Graphics
fsta
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

As hot and dark as Hell itself, that is coffee...

« Reply #29 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:52 pm »

I sort of expected the bloodbending but it sure was convenient that it rained during the confrontation scene. Kya looked quite a bit like Katara. Still, it seemed weird to me how into the hunt Zuko was, being pretty aggressive...

Remember Saturday, July 19, 2008!

Also, hurrah for Mufasa Island, my first Avatarverse term coinage!
zukofangirl2006
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I ship Wall-Eve :D

« Reply #30 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:52 pm »

I loved it <3  SOOO MUCH.  And it broke ASN a bit.

Best comedy were definately Tent!Zokka (I knew it would be Zuko!) and "air nomad daycare", even if it was used as a way to brush off a heavy thought, I found it hilarious.

I mean... what can I say?  I frikken LOVE this episode and I'm glad there's moe Kazuko than Zutara.

Oh, and Kya theory was true, and Bryke confirm that they knew everyone has a Zuko Fieldtrip.  I want a Zuko Fieldtrip Sad
BlackxRose19
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

"He's making fire out of NOTHING!!!" :D

« Reply #31 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:52 pm »

Must...discuss...but, I know that by the time I post this, there may be five million responses.

Hmm...where to begin?

A-zu-la's going insane...I wish she'd been in that episode more, though...and Zuko!  Zuko actually felt pity for her (for a brief second) which leads me to wonder if he's gonna hesitate to let her...die, maybe, in the finale...

When Zuko walked into Sokka's tent...that made me laugh...and, kudos to the Zutara fans.  I'm sure you all got your momentary fill of Zutara-ness...

I'm glad Katara forgave Zuko, because her attitude was getting a little annoying...anyone agree?

And, I also wonder: in the end, when they were talking to the Fire Nation guy, Katara said she couldn't kill him because "Blah blah blah" (I don't remember exactly, because I'm overwhelmed with Avatar-ness), but whatever she said made me think: "That sounds a lot like Zuko's situation with Azula..."

Hmm...anyone agree?

Sorry...Azula's my favorite character...

10/10.  Definitely a good episode!

~I ship Zucest...don't kill me...
~Keeper of: Azula's possible soul/heart, Toph's crazy poofy morning hair, Crazula's crying in the finale. Cheesy
Meisme
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

July 19 2008

« Reply #32 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:52 pm »

10 out of 10, everything that fierywaters said! Smiley

And Azula says, "I'm here to kill you" in the most innovative way. Smiley
Haha, yeah, it was so funny. Azula certainly has a way with words.  Cheesy

You won't like him when he's angry.
LittleAlbatross
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

*Water Tribe*

« Reply #33 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:52 pm »

This episode was fantastic. I absolutely loved it because I'm a hopeless Zutara shipper because of it's moral message and pure PWNage. BLOOOOOODBENDING. Who knew it would return? I sure hoped it would.

Also, Katara basically kicked major butt with her waterbending. Awesome ice shards. I really liked the animation in this episode, and how hilarious was the whole Suki/Sokka tent gag? Wink. Also.....The Azula/Zuko fight was pure win. Blue fire vs. Red fire=BOOM.

On a more serious note, we now know the identity and face of Kya. She was very pretty. And it makes sense that Katara was more involved with her mother's killer and final moments than Sokka, hence Katara's inner rage. I do wish they had spent more time on the killer's backstory, but at least we know he's a sad old man now. Which is...eh, I dunno. Bittersweet? I would have liked to see a cliff-dive or something, but that would ruin the whole morale message.

I awwwww'ed at Zuko. Seriously....just...aww

Who else's heart stopped when Katara just said, "And then they were gone?" I was like, "OMG IS HER MUM STILL ALIVE?!?!?!" But sadly, no. I kinda got my hopes up there.  :'(

alesius
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Concentrated Confidence!

« Reply #34 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:52 pm »

this episode made me wanna throw something at Aang with his "holier than though" attitude.. The Sokka bit was amusing, but it was predictable as you knew Katara was not gonna kill the dude..
Yeah, Aang shoved a pretty big wedge between himself & Katara with that. She looked straight up pissed off at him...

Zuhawk is forever
 Aang supports vegetarianism.
Rere Toy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #35 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:53 pm »

This episode was way too predictable.  Everything was quick and too obvious and it wasn't as sad as I thought.  I didn't really feel all that sad.  It just wasn't that great.  It was cool, and necessary to the story, but it wasn't 'amazing'.  Like most of the episodes this season.  Cool ideas, but just not good enough.

ps it took me freaking forever to get this posted because of all the warnings about new posts lol.
« Last Edit: Jul 17, 2008 08:02 pm by Rere Toy » Logged

SIGNATURE
Eman5805
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A Soulful Brother

« Reply #36 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:53 pm »

Guru Goody Goody. Never knew Zuko had that kinda quipery in him. Great episode. Nothing displays how powerful a main character is than completly obliterating canon fodder. And the beginning fight with Azula was awesome, even had a cliche warrior clash that the show hadn't done since Zuko vs. Aang in "Bato of the Water Tribe".

Only negative is...well did anyone else feel a little put off when they heard Grey Delise's voice coming out of Kya's mouth?

AND, "I'm about to celebrate being an only child!" She's gone from saying goodbye to Zuko to flat out saying she's going to kill you and smiling when he falls off the blimp. Crazula is coming full circle, but she's not quite there. Not yet...

Pixi27
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #37 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:53 pm »

WOW!  That's all I can really say.  It was so very intense.  I loved the Kazuko in it.  And Aang showing wisdom beyond his age.  Not very surprising but at the same time it's good to see.  *happy sigh*  Sukka rules! 
LOL!

Seriously, it's ok.  I know I'm crazy.  It keeps life interesting.
*YAY for Kataang*
sig by somebody that isn't me
possitiveattitude
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

avvie by Doomsday sig by Sorontar <3

« Reply #38 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:53 pm »

Oh wow, this was a great episode. The TENT SCENE made me laugh and squeel so hard, and Katara's inner turmoil made me sad. Oh and "Guru Goody Goody" BEST LINE EVAR!

I <3 Kazuko and Platonic!Zukaang, Sukka and The Warden Brothers. I keep the Boiling Rock Theme Song
gyrfalcon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #39 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:53 pm »

ABADABAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Katara's mom is KYA!!!!! (Katara's old name, hehe)
CRAZULA!!! (what was with her hair loopies?)
Zutara...sort of... (when Zuko jumped on Katara, I almost laughed.)
PWNSOME WATERBENDING/BLOODBENDING WHen I saw the full moon, I was like "oooooh"... that water dome was SO BADASS...and it looked so cool when the ice shards were floating...

"Guru Goody-goody" LOL
Zuko said Katara...twice? thrice?

BEST MOMENT EVA: THE SUKI SCENE!!!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... I screamed so loud at that part when Suki bumped into Zuko and she said "Wrong tent" because I knew exactly what was going to happen...and then I laughed SO HARD at that part...*still chuckling* Zuko's expression was PRICELESS. XDXDXDXD And later when Sokka poked his head out again and said "Suki?"... XDXDXDXD

sig by schellibie <3 AtLA <3 FMA <3
Butterfinger
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #40 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:54 pm »

Well, Nick would never allow a death like Katara killing that guy on TV. They didn't even show Kya's death. I loved how Kya saved Katara's life, though. Excellent parallelism with Zuko and Ursa. Smiley

Wasting ten seconds of your life ten seconds at a time.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Professional Mashiro Moritaka Impersonator

« Reply #41 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:54 pm »

Amazing episode.  Easily one of the best, and my favorite episode.

I laughed myself to tears at the Sokka and Zuko scene.  And Zuko gets funnier every episode.  "Guru Goody-Goody." Cheesy

Definetly 10/10.

fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #42 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:54 pm »

With Azula appearance in attacking the gAang, this is only the second time, a major villain has had an encounter with the gAang two episodes in a row. The only other time was Zuko after Avatar Roku episode, encounter right away in The Waterbending Scroll.

Normally after fighting one of the major villains of the show, the gAang gets a break before they meet again.

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
sokkafan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ASN- best Avatar forum in the world.

« Reply #43 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:54 pm »

One very important thing is being overlooked:

HuhWho was the source? Huh

-  Fin. -

Merry Christmas!
UberCreep
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Sean+Suppish
« Reply #44 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:54 pm »

The Sokka/Suki moment was hi-lar-i-ous.

Great episode, lost of angst scenes and shows a great deal of Zuko wanting to make up for all the damage he's done.

babygotjack
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Hate is easy; love takes courage-Booker Washington

« Reply #45 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:55 pm »

Sokka in the  tent was the coolest thing ever, it was the first time ever, in all my time as an avatard, that I have screamed with excitement. I don't know why, I jumped up and was like "I'm so ready for this-*squeals of delite*  And Katara's mom's name being Kya...AWESOME! Seriously, I could go on and on about how much I loved this episode...so totally epic words cannot describe it.

keeper of Ursa's duck pond, Zuko's "upbeat attitude", Sokka's nickname for his uvula and Zuko's face just before he got burned
WaterL
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #46 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:55 pm »

It was rushed but SO AWESOME.

THE SUKKA TENT!!  YES YES YES OH MY GOD.  *dies* x_x

And the Zuko/Azula fight!  AND THE BLOODBENDING!  And AANG! <3  And..  UGH EVERYTHING.  *dies*

AND AGAIN, SUKKA TENT. <3 <3 <3  AND SOKKA MAKING A NECKLACE.  *dies*

I need to think more and calm down before sharing my thoughts. D:
Eman5805
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A Soulful Brother

« Reply #47 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:55 pm »

I sort of expected the bloodbending but it sure was convenient that it rained during the confrontation scene. Kya looked quite a bit like Katara. Still, it seemed weird to me how into the hunt Zuko was, being pretty aggressive...

Zuko can sympathize with Katara's feelings. Losing a mother too and all...

Curse my mature thought ridden mind, but I can't help but wonder what else could Suki be sneaking into Sokka's tent for. At night. With candles around him. And a rose in his mouth. I mean what else but...er...cuddling, right?

BlackxRose19
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

"He's making fire out of NOTHING!!!" :D

« Reply #48 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:55 pm »

Only negative is...well did anyone else feel a little put off when they heard Grey Delise's voice coming out of Kya's mouth?

AND, "I'm about to celebrate being an only child!" She's gone from saying goodbye to Zuko to flat out saying she's going to kill you and smiling when he falls off the blimp. Crazula is coming full circle, but she's not quite there. Not yet...
Was it Grey Delise's voice?  Wow, didn't notice...

And yeah, brace yourself for the Crazula...she's on a sharp downward spiral...

~I ship Zucest...don't kill me...
~Keeper of: Azula's possible soul/heart, Toph's crazy poofy morning hair, Crazula's crying in the finale. Cheesy
jasonjohnson60446
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #49 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:55 pm »

OMG!! This was so much fun to watch!! And for all those people discussing whether or not Katara will ever use bloodbending again...I guess now you have your answer! Did you see the look on Zuko's face when she did that? And again...every time she did some amazing water-bending trick he was just AMAZED. I think he never realized how amazing she is.

Other stuff - Azula sounded CRAZY when she said she was "getting ready to celebrate being an only child". I was hoping to see Mai and Ty Lee in this one...but guess not. I was okay with seperating the group though...all those extras were getting kinda weighty.

And didn't you LOVE the "almost" make-out seen with Sokka and Suki? I was wondering who interupted him since the trailer aired!!

But I think the interesting part is Zuko's question to Aang at the end. The thing is - they're showing trailers to the finale that show Aang confiding to Momo that he believes he'll have to kill the fire Lord...so I guess we know his answer already (stupid Nick).

I was also extremely touched by Kiya's sacrifice to save Katara. as a mother of five...I know that devotion, and I was glad they portrayed it. We see where Katara gets her strength and compassion. And her beauty.

Although Katara didn't kill the Southern Raiders leader...I believe the hell he's living in is far worse than death. Karma, people....karma.
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: