Nov 22, 2017 12:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate this episode
10 - 286 (45.8%)
9 - 127 (20.3%)
8 - 101 (16.2%)
7 - 67 (10.7%)
6 - 15 (2.4%)
5 - 12 (1.9%)
4 - 5 (0.8%)
3 - 2 (0.3%)
2 - 2 (0.3%)
1 - 8 (1.3%)
Total Voters: 621

Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [316] The Southern Raiders  (Read 73898 times)
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« on: Jul 17, 2008 07:32 pm »

Description: Katara sets out to confront the Fire Nation soldier who killed her mother. But what will she do when she finds him?

Discuss!

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
crazyanimefan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Love is hard when you're young. It gets better.

« Reply #1 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:46 pm »

Wow, it was amazing! Let me get my thoughts together...btw, ASN crashed! YEAH!  Cheesy

Okay, the fight sequences were amazing! Azula immediately attacking the WAT was something I did not expect, but still, seeing her and Zuko fight was crazy cool! I was a bit sad to see the group be separated again, but they'll come back together! They always do.

I love how they're camping out and Zuko has finally gained all their trust (except Katara.)

Katara...was really scary in this episode. I was watching it and gripping my pillow because it was so not...her. The back story for Kaya was really interesting. I cant believe that they were looking for the last waterbender, and Kaya lied to protect Katara! So sad! I'm glad that Katara didnt take revenge. That would've tainted the whole show for me. Main characters killing defenseless people? Not cool. It was very admirable how Katara could control herself; we all know how much her mom meant to her, and to lose her is definitely tough.

I liked the Kazuko action. Finally, Zuko is forgiven! Now they can be best friends forever!  Grin Or maybe more...  Grin Grin

My favorite parts were where Zuko walks in on Sokka (I love how Zuko was not fazed) and Aang's words of wisdom. He is so smart! The first part of healing is forgiveness!

Overall, amazing episode! It definitely lived up to my expectations!
« Last Edit: Jul 17, 2008 07:53 pm by crazyanimefan » Logged

fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #2 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:47 pm »

First off all this was a great episode, I loved the main story of Katara wanting to get revenge on this guy, and who could blame him after actully seeing the scene when he killed her mother. She used Bloodbending, I knew she would.

Katara didn't need to get revenge on this guy, because life beat her to it, leaves with his mother, what a sorry excuse life. And him saying you can kill my mother, just pathic. But Katara is right, he is not worth it.

Though am I the only one who finds it so wrong that Katara's mother is voiced by the same person that voices Azula.

The comic relief with Sokka in that position in the tent, that was priceless. I liked Aang's line about it being Katara's turn to go on a field trip with Zuko, I love the writers for writing that line, it shows they don't think the audiance is stupid.

And I thought Azula's line of celeberating becoming a only child, might have been her best line in the series, and she has many great villain lines. And I love her with her hair down, she looks like a whole different person. And you notice Zuko actully showed concern for her well being, when he said "She is not going to make it."

And the ending wraps everything back to the main story, and it is about Aang and weather he will kill Ozai, and sets up the finally beautifully. Though I say this to Zuko, "What are you going to when you face Azula?" It works both ways Zuko.

And yes this episode was a tearjerker.

10 out of 10

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
Zutarafan16
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:47 pm »

The best episode yet! Cheesy

Please do not just say whether an episode was good or bad. Give examples to support your opinion so that other users have something to reply to. One liners like this take up space and do not contribute. Thank you.
-Tananda, Board Moderator
« Last Edit: Jul 17, 2008 07:49 pm by Tananda » Logged

www.zutarafan16.deviantart.com
Keeper of Mai and Ty Lee\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s betrayal to Azula, Hakoda\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s facial expression when he first realizes Sokka is the guard in BR, and Zuko saying \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"This is it, Katara\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" in SR. (aka, the first time we hear Zuko say
Butterfinger
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #4 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:47 pm »

I loved how on the day that Kya (finally! the name!) died, they went from a different character's POV. I also love how ninjalike Zuko and Katara were. Cheesy In other words, total awesomesause!!!

Wasting ten seconds of your life ten seconds at a time.
fsta
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

As hot and dark as Hell itself, that is coffee...

« Reply #5 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:47 pm »

I loved the Sokka's love nest scene, it was great. Especially after Zuko left the tent! Aang was pretty savvy with his trip line, and showed off some impressive mature wisdom. Looks like he loses it a little next episode though. Zuko was sort of unusually into the hunt, just as aggressive as Katara.

EDIT: Man! When I got here there were no replies, but of course before I could finish my post it was flooded.
« Last Edit: Jul 17, 2008 07:56 pm by fsta » Logged

Remember Saturday, July 19, 2008!

Also, hurrah for Mufasa Island, my first Avatarverse term coinage!
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:47 pm »

Kya! Her name was Kya! I cheered...and got chills at the same time.

We were warned that this episode was dark, and a difficult subject to tackle. I really think it was important for Katara to take this step. Once again Elizabeth Welch Ehasz takes us deep inside of the characters, and we all come out with a new lesson...

Katara's hurt was so deep, and I could feel it through this episode. When she turned to Sokka and told him he didn't love their mother the way she had...my heart jumped into my throat. That type of pain is crippling, and can make you weak when you need to be strong. Zuko was the devil's advocate, but at the end...not only was he amazed at how much he had learned from this experience, but he also got a glimpse of what he would need to do in the future. Forgiveness will come hard for him, but hopefully Katara's experience will inspire him to do the right thing.

Excellent, complex episode. My hats off to the team for pulling this episode off.
« Last Edit: Jul 17, 2008 07:58 pm by Avatar_Mom » Logged

Darth Tech
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:48 pm »

It was disappointing with all the speculation, to say the least. Nothing to do with Ursa, the beginning took away a lot of time. But, bloodbending and the Sokka tent scene wins. Oh, and her name is Kya. Haha, whoever thought of that being her name in homage to the pilot was right.

Overall, an 8.

Keeper of:
Iroh's glowing appreciation for the world
Suki's Fire Nation outfit
The recapture of Ba Sing Se
The OWL uniforms
dianam41
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Zuko by Konietzko

« Reply #8 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:48 pm »

So Sokka & Suki were going to do the dirty, huh...
Kailo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #9 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:48 pm »

Kya theory was true! *claps* Nice! Grin

-Sig to Fire_Princess! Grin Avie and awesomeness to Kyoshi Fan! Grin
MingUe
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

MingZula is Forever

« Reply #10 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:49 pm »

It was a good episode, very cute an everything.
Bff!Zutara hug and everything
But the pacing was all so fast.

Why Edward Hates Blondes?

Avy by Tonnie & Sig by Electrimafried
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #11 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:49 pm »

That was an awesome episode.

Tent!Sokka? HILARIOUS! Loved the face Zuko made when he saw Sokka's little romantic setup for Suki.

Crazula wanting to be an only child? Creepy and amazing and OMG awesome at the same time, the entire sequence in fact.

KATARA BLOODBENDED! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Ok, gotta gather my thoughts some more before I can post something more coherent...

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
lightbender15
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #12 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:49 pm »

Wow, I'm amazed they got away with the tent scene, but it was PRICELESS!

What a great episode? It was emotional, action packed, and humorous! And Azula was CRAZY, Crazula has been born.

And yeah, we crashed the site!

Sig gimped by me! Screenshot from ASN!
mdmartin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:49 pm »

this is officialy my favorite episode. I love how Katara's mom's name is her original name.
alesius
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Concentrated Confidence!

« Reply #14 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:49 pm »

Man, all that Kazuko made my head hurt Tongue... Geeze, I was flippin out when she bloodbended that guy. Katara has some serious problem that she needs to take care of. This was a great action/drama episode. 10/10 without a second thought.

Zuhawk is forever
 Aang supports vegetarianism.
jchr916
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:49 pm »

Chibi Sokka and Katara!!!
Also I liked the fight between Zuko and Azula...it's a good thing they were equals.
The first obvious transition into Crazula....
Bloodbending should have been focused more upon...using it on a guy who didn't deserve it...
« Last Edit: Jul 17, 2008 07:53 pm by jchr916 » Logged

Keeper of Cosmic Energy
Meisme
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

July 19 2008

« Reply #16 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:49 pm »

Amazing! So much was revealed in this one. Kya, wasn't that what Katara was called in the Pilot? She really was protecting the last water bender, and, and...my brain is in overload....can't think straight....ugh....

You won't like him when he's angry.
ForeverTwilight
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #17 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:50 pm »

I loved this episode! The sokka part was soo funny I laughed so hard after that! Also the bloodbending was awesome!! And we finallygot to see Katara and Sokkas mom, they never really showed her face before.

Sig made by me.
Come to the dark side vampires, we have cookies Edward Cullen. Enough said.
The problem with life is there is no background music.
CyanRedYellow
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:50 pm »

10 out of 10, everything that fierywaters said! Smiley

And Azula says, "I'm here to kill you" in the most innovative way. Smiley
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Monk's Gone Wild (IZ TEH BIGGEST ZUTARIAN ON ASN)

« Reply #19 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:50 pm »

Oh my gosh.

Defintely my favorite episode.

I was so excited when Zuko saved Katara's life1 Taht was amazing. Taht was AWESOME!!!!  True Zutarian spazz right there Cheesy my mom got pissed off at me Cheesy

I'm so glad that Zuko and Sokka got to tlak to eachother. the Tent. Classic Cheesy

THE BEST THOUGH. The Bloodbending. I knew it was gonna come back. I KNEW IT! Grin Zuko rally incouraged Katara to go along with the mission to so I was hapy. Same with Aang Cheesy but then was all "NO REVENGE" on their parade.

ZOMG LEIK TEH HUG!!!!!!! Grin and Katara forgave Zuko. I was so happy. Truly, Zutara is alive.

Keeper of Aang discovering he had hair, Zuko&Katara first mission together

I thanked everyone who made me icon/sig on DA. General/Commander AA22 of the Zutarmy. Master of the weapon Zutaratana!
Rekka No Ryo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #20 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:50 pm »

this episode made me wanna throw something at Aang with his "holier than though" attitude.. The Sokka bit was amusing, but it was predictable as you knew Katara was not gonna kill the dude..

Keeper of The Title of Phoenix King
Keeper of The Phoenix King Outfit (including helmate!)
Keeper of  The Title of Ninja Zuko
Hotaru
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I will make no such promises.

« Reply #21 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:51 pm »

Wow ASN minor meltdown.

I enjoyed the episode. The 'take my mother' line was funny, but really disturbing too. That's one bad man. And that's why I love Avatar its humour provides character development instead of being at the expense of it.

Sparkly Sparkly Bush Man!
Beatlesfan94
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #22 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:51 pm »

I like how it started with some great action. I was wondering who was attacking them, but I should've known it was Azula after what happened at the Boiling Rock. "She's... not going to make it... of course she did". Anyways, I found the awkward encounter between Sokka and Zuko in Sokka's tent funny, and then when Zuko left and Sokka was looking for Suki. Cheesy

I did find the flashbacks saddening, it's probably one of the more emotional scenes in the entire series. I didn't expect Katara to bloodbend after what happened in "The Puppetmaster", but she definitely did what she wanted to do - and I'm glad that she got closure. Zuko did ask a very good question at the end of episode after Aang said no to violence. What's going to happen Aang confronts Ozai? I forgive you?

I gave this episode a 10/10. I think I've given every episode of Book 3 a 10/10. It's great. I can't wait until tomorrow's episode and then "Sozin's Comet".
« Last Edit: Jul 17, 2008 08:31 pm by Beatlesfan94 » Logged

I'm the almighty keeper of Bumi's hilariously lame Kangaroo Island joke from "The King of Omashu"
Someone From The Dark
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I love Sui, and Fallan Denzell. Double Arts FTW!

« Reply #23 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:52 pm »

okay I have one thing to say about Sokka's 'love tent'

*singsong* this bed is on fire with passion and love, the neighbors complain about the noises above, and she only....well I'll stop at that

other than that great episode. I LOVE the southern raiders uniforms, and Katara's mom (Kya) looks so...pretty...yeah okay
the poor fire nation buggah, with his insane mum, but that's what he gets for taking someone else's mum

Even though Katara forgave Zuko at the end, she's still gonna be on his case...just not in a murderous way...

cool.

EDIT: The duel between Zuko and Azula was awesome!!! Fire Fights FTW baby!!!
« Last Edit: Jul 17, 2008 08:16 pm by Someone From The Dark » Logged

For The Love, Pride, and Honor of Fire Lord Zuko
Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #24 on: Jul 17, 2008 07:52 pm »

This episode was to awsome, first of all I loved the conversation about revenge in the episode, and I was one of the many supporters of the name "Kya" being used. Also what else was interesting was the designs for the Southern Raiders battleshps, dare I said pure pwnage? The story was great and the emotions were powerful, Katara was so close to succumbing to a cruel fate...and the man who killed her mother was a jerk...he isn't worth killing...he deserves to live his miserble life.

But my favorite part was Azula celebrating being an only child, and Sokka and Suki's behavior in the tent scene...but it gave me bad ideas....Tongue

But I loved that line at the end..."What will you do when you face my father?"
Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: