Nov 12, 2019 03:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Like The Wind [PG-13] {Chapter 9 up and revised}  (Read 5449 times)
Firefight
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Jul 16, 2008 09:18 pm »

Prologue

Rain poured gently on the ground above her. She might not have been able to see it, but she could defiantly feel it. It was just another day at the Western Air Temple. Nothing new. Sokka and Zuko are off on some fishing trip. Yeah sure.  She dropped her head between her knees and moaned. After minuets of stillness and groaning she got up to talk a walk. As she passed the down the hallway of doors she felt to bodies in a room, extremely close. She didn't even want to know. She walked outside to where she heard the water pouring out of the fountain. She cuddled up against the side of the fountain, looking out to the rest of the temple. That is if she could see. Then for a second, maybe not even a second, she sensed something. Standing perfectly, facing towards her.  Far away, at least a mile just standing. Then in a flash the feeling was gone. She became alert. She quickly stood and turned in circles, she called out to see if anything was there. The answer she got was the wind.

"Dad!" Katara ran up to her father and he wrapped his arms around her and Sokka. She smiled at the sight. She wasn't all about comfort and love, but this was heartwarming. Then, Sokka floated away from his father and is lips collided with Suki's. Everyone in the room was glowing. Ugh. She was able to slip way back to her room without anyone noticing.  She slouched down into the same old position. Maybe just maybe she needed that. And once again, she felt the presence. That same comforting presence. And it blew away again, like the wind. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok well I'm new and I wanted to try this out. Theres going to be alot and chapters will be much much longer. I just wanted something up there.  Wink

Comments help!

Note: Chapter 9 will start with alot of OC's and a whole new side of the story, so if your disliking the first few chapters, feel free to skip ahead, you wont miss to much! (Except the whole story) Lips sealed  Lips sealed
« Last Edit: Aug 07, 2008 09:59 pm by Firefight » Logged

Sig by: Tokka*3
Like The Wind (My Fanfiction): http://forums.avatarspirit.net/index.php?topic=13987.0
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

av by crazy4purple23

« Reply #1 on: Jul 16, 2008 09:27 pm »

this sounds good

but it was a little short
and confusing

but a good start nontheless

Keeper of Katara's attempt at being funny and the Kataang kiss in EIP
Ships: Kataang, Maiko, and Tokka <3
My Fanart
spirit_world12
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

~RIP Koizilla~

« Reply #2 on: Jul 16, 2008 10:54 pm »

Yes the beginning was a little confusing but I think it's a fairly decent start. Keep going.

Keeper of the Monkey statue from the Guru, the flower in Katara's hair(from finale),The Gaang's loads of cash, and the Fire Nation ship at the SP.
Firefight
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: Jul 18, 2008 01:21 pm »

It was a little confusing but, that was the point  Grin
Im going to call to call this chapter one. Enjoy.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 1
The Presence

Days passed by, it would only be a matter of time until the comet arrived. Day in and day out Aang and Zuko would work on Aang's fire bending skills. Katara would either sit and watch, or work on her water bending. Sokka would be off with Suki doing things or working with his dad on battle plans. The others were always roaming the temple, finding new things. Toph hid most of the day. She didn't need to work her bending, plan battles, or have a need to roam around some old temple.

From time to time she would feel a presence. It wasn't too far away. And then it waited, just facing her. It would remain that way for a few seconds, and then it would disappear. Whoever it was, or whatever it was, it moved like the wind, very fast. Every now and then, a small breeze would flow through the temple, and at those times the presence appeared again. One night, everyone was huddled around the fire; she asked if anyone else felt it, they looked at her like she was crazy. Toph sighed. Maybe she was crazy.

A week past, and the presence would come and go. One day while Katara and Toph sat against the fountain talking, The Duke ran up to them, claiming to have seen someone on the other side of the temple. As they were talking Toph felt the presence again, she stood up and smiled "I think I'll go take a look."

She roamed through the old temple, getting closer and closer to the presence. It didn't move this time unlike the many other times it appeared. She could no longer feel the fountain that there camp was set up around, she was on the complete opposite side of the temple. She finally found the giant room in which the presence should be. A gentle breeze flew through the temple. She bended the massive metal doors open, only to find an empty room. No presence, no person, just a large empty room. She swore there was someone in the room. After minuets of standing in silence she turned around and left the room. Ugh seeing with your feet has its downfalls.

That night the presence appeared again. This time, it felt like a person. It walked and sat but the weirdest thing was that it would disappear. It would almost float away, disappear and it would soon appear again, walking and pacing the room. Everyone sat around the fire, eating and enjoying themselves. Toph stood, and started walking away, towards the same room she visited that day. Aang yelled from behind, "Wait up Toph!"

"What's up Twinkle Toes?" She said in a moody voice. "I'm coming with." Toph moaned. "Me too," Katara said from behind. As the three began to walk Toph laughed, "No kissy goo goo on this little walk." Katara and Aang both blushed as the continued walking through the darkness of the temple. After several minutes of walking, they arrived at the same metal doors Toph broke open early that day. "Where are we Toph?" Katara asked. The presence was strong; it sat just behind the doors. "Have you been here before Toph?" Aang asked, "Looking at the doors, it seems you have." Toph nodded and walked through the hole in the door. Aang and Katara followed her in. The presence disappeared, and at the same time Aang yelled, "Look out!" A wall of earth protected the group against a strong force that almost pushed the wall back. The person's presence floated back to the ground and the noise of two swords getting pulled from their sheaths was heard and Toph was immediately ready for battle.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

A few notes:
The gangs a bit older (for the sake of romance  Grin) Aang would be about 15.
This starts a few days after The Boling Rock.
If I made an error tell me  Tongue

Leave me comments please Wink
« Last Edit: Jul 18, 2008 01:23 pm by Firefight » Logged

Like The Wind (My Fanfiction): http://forums.avatarspirit.net/index.php?topic=13987.0
crazy lil lemur
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Anime Freak! :D <3

« Reply #4 on: Jul 18, 2008 02:07 pm »

Wow!! the story line is going good, but the thing that confuses me is; who the main  person is, or the selected character in the sequence...... ya big word Shocked but other than that, it's cool! Grin

Lil lemur  Grin Cheesy Wink Smiley Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Lips sealed Undecided

<3Edward Elric!!<3 <3  Black Cat <3
Fullmetal Alchemist <3  Bleach! <3
<3 Naruto <3 Anime rocks! Cheesy Proud Narutard Cheesy
avvie not mine, belongs to HoshinoNatsuki of PhotoBucket.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

av by crazy4purple23

« Reply #5 on: Jul 18, 2008 03:14 pm »

Don't worry
the more you write, the better you'll get

and since it's confusing now
it will get easier and less confusing as you write more

My Fanart
Firefight
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: Jul 18, 2008 06:15 pm »

Wow here the next chapter already  Grin

_________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 2
The Mysterious Figure

The figure that stood before them was covered in a black cloak, hiding his face. Black shorts of the same material fell past his knees, at one point, they would have been pants. "We don't want to fight!" Aang pleaded. With a wave of his arm, two spinning air plates appeared beneth the mysterious figures feet, and they were lifted to the top of the room. Katara and Aang stepped back in surprise. Toph threw her hands up in confusion, "Where'd he go?" 

"Look out Toph!" Aang pulled in Toph with an air current, avoiding a massive ball of fire. "They're in the air Toph!" Katara pointed out. Aang shot out a heavy air current, the figure did as well. Aang's was far more powerful, and sent the figure flying back against the back wall of the room. They slid down the wall, and as they hit the bottom, a face was revealed. A boy, around their age, his messy black hair was nearly down to his pale eyes. The boy stood and drew his two katans, ready to fight. "Please we don't want to fight," Aang begged again.

The boy shook his head slightly, and before anyone of the three could see, he was on the other side of the room. Aang grabbed his arm and his knees dropped to the floor.  Aang moved his hand to see the cut the boy's katana made in his arm. It wasn't too deep. The boy shrugged. He missed. Katara then threw up her octopus form, defending Aang. Toph created the rock armor she once used for Aang training; she had no idea when he would stike. The boy flew back up into the air, using the same method as before.  Toph started blasting rocks randomly into the air; the boy would dodge them with incredible speed. Fireballs speed across the room and Katara would block each of them. The boy landed on his feet again. As he hit the ground Toph sensed his presence, and she sped towards him. The boy side stepped, avoiding her completely. She smashed into the wall behind him, but the rock armor held tight. Aang was up and ready, the boy looked in a circle, they had him surrounded. Aang slowly moved until they made a triangle around him.

"We don't want to fight," Aang repeated, "I'm the avatar." The boy turned and faced Aang. A disappointed looked casted upon his face. The two katanas returned back into their sheaths, as the boy began to walk near the hole in the metal door. "Not so fast," Toph said as two rock binding covered his hands and feet.  The three got in front of his, "I'm supposed to be the last air bender," Aang said.

"And you would be if you left and forgot this ever happened," the boy said coldly. "Just get out and don't come back, and I won't have to hurt you." Aang stepped in front of the two girls and said, "You're in no position to make threats."

The boy stayed silent. Katara ripped off a part of her cloak, and wrapped it around Aang's wound after healing it. The room stayed quiet as the boy eyed Toph. He stared right into her eyes yet she didn't stare back. Blind. "What are you looking at punk?" Toph asked. The boy looked down, avoiding her stare. How can she see that? She's obviously blind. The boy started to attempt to break the rock; he moved and flung his arms wildly. "That's not going to do any good," Toph laughed. The boy turned red with anger. The boy started shaking wildly, and suddenly, the rocks broke open, and he stood in the door way.

"It seems to have done me good," The boy said with a large smile, the two air plates appeared beneath his feet and within moments he blasted out of the room, leaving the three to wonder about him.

The next morning

Everyone sat around the fountain, as Toph, Katara, and Aang attempted to explain their night. "So he could fire bend and air bend? That's impossible!" Sokka stated. "It should be," Katara said, "But we saw it, and he moved so fast, he became almost invisible." Zuko moaned, "My uncle would have known." Everyone sighed. There was just no explanation. "Let's track him down." All eyes moved to Aang. Sokka put his arm on Aangs shoulder, "Listen, Aang, buddy, how can we do this? We have no idea where he is, who he is, and he can fly and move incredibly fast!" Toph poked her head between them and said, "Not to mention he can fire bend!"

"Well if he really is an Air Nomad he should know sky bison are extinct right?" Aang said. Everyone nodded. "Then all we need to do is have him run into Appa. Even just the thought of a sky bison being alive will make him stop. Then we bind him with earth bending and we got ourselves a catch!" Aang said throwing his hands in the air. Toph clapped and slapped him on the back, "Good thinking twinkle toes!" Sokka rubbed his chin and then said, "We will need to take the saddle off and dirty him up, I don't think a wild sky bison would be as clean as we keep Appa." Zuko laughed, "You really are thinking things through aren't you Sokka?" Sokka laughed along and the group stared.

Later that day

Aang, Zuko, and Katara were dirtying Appa up and he didn't seem to mind it much. Mud was flying everywhere and Appa was rolling around like a pig. Aang began breaking off branches from a nearby tree. Katara was on top of Appa and he suddenly rolled over, Katara flew off. Zuko managed to catch her by doing so he fell. Katara moved her head, and pressed her lips against her catchers lips, thinking it was Aang. Appa rolled over and reveled Zuko and Katara kissing to Aang. When Katara realized it wasn't Aang she was kissing and it was Zuko, she pulled back and looked over at a very heart broken looking Aang. "Aang... No..." But he was already on his glider, flying off to be alone.

"Katara... I'm sorry," Zuko said sincerely. She still didn't trust Zuko completely but this was her fault. "No it was my fault." Katara ran off to find Aang, Appa rolled back over and gave Zuko a wet lick, Zuko laughed and continued splashing mud onto Appa.

_________________________________________________________________________________

I had fun writing this one  Grin
i tried to make it more straight forward, hopefully that worked.
and i had to put that kiss in there  Tongue

ill have my next chapter up soon hopefully
COMMENTS REALLY HELP  Grin

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

av by crazy4purple23

« Reply #7 on: Jul 18, 2008 09:18 pm »

NOOOOOOOO!!!!
not zutara

poor, poor Aang...

on the bright side, your writing has improved ^_^

My Fanart
Kataang1337
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Amazing avvie and sig by Maricela! ♥Back again♥

« Reply #8 on: Jul 18, 2008 11:01 pm »

Poor Aang......at least I can be certain this story is Kataang Smiley
The prologue wasn't confusing for me.

I guess the OC that TOph will be with is that guy who can bend both Fire and Air?

Waterwriter144's #1 fangirl!
Keeper of Katara's Feelings for Aang*Aang's Determination*Katara's EK Outfit*Kataang Finale Kiss
Quote from: Rava
You're the dA Avatard art hunter Smiley
spirit_world12
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

~RIP Koizilla~

« Reply #9 on: Jul 18, 2008 11:56 pm »

Hmmm..do continue.This story has taken an intruiging turn.I'm interested..

I'm sure your writing will improve as you keep on going,so don't worry!

Keeper of the Monkey statue from the Guru, the flower in Katara's hair(from finale),The Gaang's loads of cash, and the Fire Nation ship at the SP.
Firefight
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #10 on: Jul 20, 2008 03:23 pm »

Chapter 3
Ryu

Sokka and Zuko both sat at the fountain. “So…” Sokka said awkwardly. And within the next ten minutes they were wrestling for no reason at all. They laughed and fought like two brothers, soon Suki walked in on them wrestling, she giggled and sat down to watch. Zuko smiled, “Don’t mess up now, she’s right there!” Sokka blushed, “Make me look good!” Zuko nodded, and tripped Sokka, sending him to his feet. Suki laughed and sarcasticly said, “Aw poor baby.” She then gave him a quick kiss on the lips. Sokka smiled proudly, “If this is what I get from losing, it isn’t too bad!” Suki smiled and Zuko said, “Just imagine what you’ll get from winning.” And the wrestling continued.

Katara ran after Aang, but he was far too fast. She loved him. But there were in the middle of a war.  She would get to him. She sprinted off, she would make it. Aang had so much to worry about, and she didn’t want to be a problem. She wouldn’t be a problem. She would be a strength Aang could really on.

Meanwhile Sokka, Suki, Toph, and Zuko were ready for the plan to be put into action. They set up Appa perfectly, out in the open, eating the leaves of a tree. It looked so perfect. Everyone got into their hiding places and waited. An hour past and nothing, Toph felt Suki move her hiding spot closer to Sokka’s. She moaned. Zuko said they had to wait at least two hours. She moaned even
louder. “SHHHH!” It sounded like Zuko. “THEN TELL SOKKA AND SUKI TO STOP MAKING OUT SO LOUD!” The courtyard went quiet again.

Katara kept running. She swore she could almost see Aang in the distance. She was so far away from camp, she couldn’t even see it. Within minutes, she was standing behind Aang. She sat down next to him, “Hi Aang.” It was silent. “Aang back there with Zuko, it was an accident Aang please…” Then they both spotted something. The boy, flying through the air towards camp. Before Aang could get up Katara kissed him. Their lips separated slowly. “Be careful Aang.” Aang nodded. He stood and before leaving he looked at her and said, “I will.”

Aang and the boy flew side by side, “I want to talk!” Aang yelled. “I told you to leave me alone!” The boy screamed, two air currents shot out of his hands, one hitting Aang, and the boy flew forward. Aang’s glider flew out of his grip, and Aang began to fall. The boy turned in midair. Katara watched from the side, and the second Aang began to fall, she screamed out his name. The boy blasted back; there wasn’t much time before he was to hit the bottom. The boy turned down ward, and began heading towards Aang. He got so close to Aang, who was now unconscious, and he reached his hands out, managing to grab his hands, and pull him in. They reached the bottom where the boy was able to find his glider, and he picked up Aang once more and flew back up to where Katara was sitting. “Oh Aang! Is he alright?” Katara asked. The boy set him down gently and Katara moved his head onto his lap. “He’s fine.”

Two hours passed and the rest of the group wondered why the plan didn’t work, and they wondered even more on where Aang and Katara went. “I’m sure their fine,” Zuko said after being licked once again by Appa. “Well I personally thought the plan would work,” Suki said. Toph moaned and walked away from the group. That boy. That’s all she’s been able to think about. He just isn’t possible. Every Air Nomad was wiped from the face of the earth besides Aang, and yet the boy still air bends. And to add on, he can bend two elements. Only an avatar has the ability to bend more than one element. She sighed. If only she wasn’t so cold to him. He wouldn’t have gotten mad and wouldn’t have broken out. The way he broke out. No one has ever broken out of one of her binds. And he did it without even being able to bend earth. She wanted the plan to work.

Katara looked at boy. “You saved his life. We owe you greatly.” The boy looked at Katara and said, “Leave here then. Don’t come back.” Katara shook her head, “We want to help you.” The boy turned and faced towards the open sky.  Katara looked at him in the eye. So much pain could be felt, only through his eyes. “Come back to our camp, we have food and water.” He looked at her, “Will that other girl be there?” Katara lifted an eye brow, “You mean Toph? The earth bender?” He nodded. Katara nodded back. “I don’t know,” The boy said uneasily. “I think you should,” said Aang’s tired voice. “Oh Aang your awake!” Katara cried, “I was so worried!” Katara bent over and kiss his cheek, and he smiled weakly. When she looked up, the boy had disappeared.

Late That Night

Toph couldn’t sleep. She got out of her bed, and left the hallway of rooms, and stepped out into the courtyard. There in the courtyard, the boy petted Appa, and feed him some kind of berries. She was stunned. He was so calm. She slowly walked up to him, not knowing what else to do. He turned, and saw her walk towards him. He turned back to Appa, who was enjoying the exotic berries. “Why are you here?” Toph asked. “I like the sky bison. I’ve seen pictures of them on the wall of the temple.” Toph leaned against Appa and huddled up in his fur. “How can you see?” He asked.

“I see with my feet,” She said proudly, wiggling her toes, “How are you alive?” The boy looked and said, “It’s a long story.” Toph patted the ground next to her, “I got all night.” The boy smiled. He didn’t belive what was happening, but he sat down next to her. “Tell me the whole story,” Toph said, “From the start.” The boy slid down next her. He looked over at her. “Your name is Toph right?”
“Yeah, how did you know?” The boy smiled and said, “I ran into your friends, I asked about you.” Toph wanted to punch him, but instead she shifted just a little closer to him, so their arms would occasionally rub. She didn’t understand why she did. But she just did. “What’s your name?” Toph asked. The boy looked over and said, “Ryu.” Toph smiled and said, “Good to meet you Ryu.” Ryu nodded. Toph sensed footsteps and said nudged him, “Someone’s coming!” She had the urge to wrap her arms around his arm and she did. She knew it was just twinkle toes and Katara, but he sure didn’t. The night was cold, but he sure was warm. Katara and Aang walked side by side towards the camp. Aang noticed two people sitting next to Appa, and nudged Katara. “Don’t leave,” Toph said to Ryu. He nodded, “I won’t.”

Aang walked past Appa’s tail, Katara following him. He moved around to see Toph and the boy, sitting side by side. It was silent. Appa turned his head, licked Ryu, and returned to his position. Everyone chuckled. Sokka and Suki walked out of the hall doorway, “What’s the commotion it’s too late for this stuff guys,” Sokka said yawning. Aang looked at the boy, and bowed, “Thank you for saving me earlier.” Ryu stood and bowed back. “There’s the guy!! Look! Look! Oh what’s the point,” Sokka said as he flopped down on Appa’s tail. The group all sat around, Appa, and talked as friends, introducing themselves. “Tell us about you,” Suki asked. “Yeah we’d really like to know,” Katara added.

There was a silence. Ryu shook his head. “You don’t have to if you don’t want to,” Toph added in a small voice. “I’m sorry.” Ryu stood and flew into the blackness of the sky. Everyone moved to their rooms. “Good going guys,” Sokka said, and received a punch from Suki. "Shut up Sokka," Toph said. "Goodnight Toph!" Sokka replied. Toph felt a gentle breeze in the direction of Ryu.  Toph fell asleep next to Appa, still waiting for him to come back.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm normally not to great at writing romance, but this didn't turn out to bad  Lips sealed
i rewrote it a few times, i think this is the best i can get.
tell me what you think  Grin
COMMENTS HELP ALOT!!!

spirit_world12: I will contiune  Smiley, and i can all ready feel writing becoming easier for me
Kataang1337: Yeah after the finale, i love Kataang, but just a tiny Zutara helps spice things up  Tongue
avatarwolfmaster: after this chapter, aang isnt to poor anymore  Grin, and thank, i really enjoy writing this
« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2008 03:25 pm by Firefight » Logged

aangloverx3
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #11 on: Jul 20, 2008 08:47 pm »

i really enjoyed it!!  Smiley
keep writing! more!!  Grin  Grin

aw toph  Cheesy
spirit_world12
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

~RIP Koizilla~

« Reply #12 on: Jul 21, 2008 02:28 am »

Who is this boy? And will he get together with Toph? Tyu? Huh

Yes,Zutara does spice things up,doesn't it? Wink

Anyway,I'm glad you feel your writing is getting better,but there are still a few errors here and there in your story.I'm pretty sure you worked hard writing these chapters;so I think maybe one or five minutes scanning for mistakes won't hurt.Mistakes kind of distract me from reading. This will decrease as you keep on going.

Other than that,I'm really enjoying this story!

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

av by crazy4purple23

« Reply #13 on: Jul 21, 2008 08:55 am »

you're becoming an excellent writer.
and this story was full of awesome,
can't wait for more.

My Fanart
Firefight
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #14 on: Jul 21, 2008 09:47 pm »

Chapter 4
The Beach

Toph shifted her hands along with Haru, and the tunnel was made, Zuko then mumbled something Toph couldn't catch. Then, Appa refused to go into the tunnel, so everyone split up. Aang, Katara, Sokka, Suki, Toph, and Zuko would stay with Appa, and the rest ran into the tunnel. The steel doors blasted open, and Zuko went out to hold Azula for as long as he could. Toph then suddenly realized something, Ryu. She wasn't leaving with Ryu. She started running from the group. "Toph get back here!" Sokka screamed.

"I'm going to find Ryu!" Toph yelled back, "If I'm not back soon come find me!" Toph created an earth wave, and blasted off to find Ryu. She zoomed past the airships and down the temple hallways, looking for him.  She sensed him, his presence, and she sped towards him, not wasting a second. When she was close, he heard her, and ran out of the room to see. When he was close enough, the wave settled down, and she jumped into his arms.

She held him tightly and his arms slowly wrapped around her. The staid like that for longer than they should have, until Toph said "The groups under attack Ryu, were leaving, you're coming with us. No arguing."

Katara began to worry. "We need to go find her now!" Katara yelled. Aang nodded and yelled "Yip-yip!" Appa flew forward. "Aang, wrong way! Toph went to the left!" Soka yelled. Zuko flew down from the air and landed on Appa. "Never mind," Sokka said quietly. Appa moved to the left and flew at full speed. They couldn't spot Toph, they almost reached the end of the temple. "Where is she?" Aang mumbled. "I can't find her!" Toph said. "Quiet Toph were looking for you!" Sokka said, "Toph?" Everyone turned to see Toph, being happily carried by Ryu, who had no problem keeping up with Appa.

"You found him!" Katara squealed. Ryu smiled as the group flew out of the Western Air Temple. They flew in the open sky, "You can put her on Appa now Ryu," Aang said. "No, we wouldn't want to make Appa tired," Toph said. Suki giggled, being the only one who knew what was happening. They flew until they reached an island, not too far from the temple, they set up came there. Once they landed, every fell to the ground, too tired to move. Ryu got a fire going, and Zuko watched him do so, wanting to see him fire bend with his own eyes. Everyone gathered around the fire. Aang stood, "Ryu come with me, I want to talk to you." Aang motioned towards the beach; Ryu got up and began to walk. Zuko and Toph both began to stand, Aang nodded his head, and they sat.

Ryu stood to where the water would sometimes reach your toes, and Aang stood by him. "This whole time I thought my people were all gone. I thought I was the last Air Nomad." It was quiet and Ryu shook his head in shame, "You are." Aang looked at him puzzled. Aang then said calmly, not wanting to scare him off again, "But you can air bend, I've seen you." Ryu shook his head again, "It's not that simple. I can air bend. But I'm not an Air Nomad. I should belong to the Fire Nation." It was quiet, Aang sensed that he was lost and confused, "I just wanted to know if my people were still out there," Aang said quietly. Ryu nodded, "I would to, if I could say I had a people to belong to." Aang heard in his voice, the pain, the suffering. "Aren't your people the Fire Nation?" Ryu looked out to the sea; the moon was at a perfect viewing point, his long black hair moved gently with the wind. "No. I was property of the Fire Nation." Ryu started moving back to the camp. Aang asked, "What do you mean?" Ryu turned back to Aang and shook his head. "I can't tell you. Not yet. The Fire Nation taught me one thing. Trust nobody." Ryu turned back and continued walking, "What about Toph? You trusted her to come with us!" Ryu stopped. He did. But she was different. There was something about her. And Ryu continued to walk back to camp, leaving Aang only to follow him back to the others.

The Next Morning

Zuko and Aang were up early, working on Aang's bending. Everyone was up, and Ryu had already made enough breakfeast for everyone. Zuko told Aang it was break time and the all gathered around the fire. Sokka toke the first bite, "This is amazing! Such beautiful meat! It's about time we got someone with cooking talents! What do you call it?" Ryu laughed, "Fish." Everyone chuckled, Katare then added, "This is really good, when did you learn to cook?" Everyone looked up and Ryu said coldly, "After many years of being alone." Ryu stood and moved to where Aang and Zuko were, and he started fire bending. They ate the rest of the meal in silence.

Aang and Zuko soon walked back to their training spot, Ryu nodded when they came, and began walking away. "No," Aang said, "I want to see your style once more." Ryu turned and nodded. Everyone looked over to where Ryu took his stance. He stayed low to the ground, using his feet as weapons, and using his hands for fire power. Then he flipped upwards, drawing his katanas in midair, and then landing in another low stance. He then flipped, and spun a giant wheel of fire. He landed, threw a katana up in incredibly his, and then he jumped, his movment was so fast he became invisible, but before this katana should have even landed, he was on the ground, with both in his hand. Sokka clapped his hands, "Now there are some sweet moves! I'm starting too really like this guy! Food! Fighting! Bending! The hair..." After Sokka said that it went quiet. Suki grabbed his arm and pulled him away from the crowd. Aang bowed to Ryu.

Later That Day

Everyone was relaxing by the beach, Aang trained enough and Zuko thought the beach sounded nice. Aang, Sokka, and Zuko all wrestled in the water, while Suki and Katara watched and Toph messed around with her sand bending. Ryu sat quietly, fishing. An hour or so passed and everyone was eventually in the water, besides Ryu, even Toph joined in on the fun. "Come on Ryu!" Sokka yelled. Ryu looked as everyone motioned him to come in. Ryu stood, and blasted into the air. "Good going Sokka!" Katara yelled, "You scared him off!" Suki splashed him and Toph yelled, "Yeah Sokka, nice job pea brain." Then, a giant tower of water splashed upward. After it calmed down, Ryu's smiling face eventually came out of the water. Everyone laughed in excitement. Sokka yelled, "Hey don't do that! I get yelled at!" Suki giggled him and tackled him underwater. "WATER FIGHT!" Aang yelled with joy. And soon everyone splashing and laughing, even Ryu and Zuko.

After awhile, Sokka spotted a cliff, and were jumping off it into the water. "I don't know," Toph said shyly. Ryu laughed, grabbed her hand, and jumped in with her. It wasn't as bad as Toph thought. Everyone laid on the beach, and Ryu continued fishing. Toph was able to slip away from Katara and Suki, and sat by Ryu instead, who smiled when she joined him.

Later That Night

Everyone huddled around the fire. They laughed about their day. Ryu stood, "I forgot my fishing rod by the beach, I'll be back in a flash." He turned and walked to the beach. Once he was too far to hear them Aang said, "I can trust him Ryu. He's a friend. There's something in his past that hurts him. Yesterday he said he was Fire Nation Property. I didn't understand." Zuko hung his head low. "I know what he means. The Fire Nation had a plan. They decided to play with human breeding and genetics, trying to create ultimate humans. Who could bend any element..."

"And be the superior war machine," Ryu finished. Everyone turned to him.

"It's time I've told you. This won't be easy to accept. Please let things be the same between us, you bunch have been my first real friends."

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

av by crazy4purple23

« Reply #15 on: Jul 21, 2008 10:09 pm »

This is awesome

Now there is a new ship,Toyu

My Fanart
Toph007
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #16 on: Jul 22, 2008 07:44 am »

Great story! Keep on writing!
I can't wait for the next chapter

Toph + Ryu = cute couple  Grin

Quellie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #17 on: Jul 22, 2008 11:14 am »

This story is AMAZING!!!! I lovvveeee it!!! Please keep them coming just like you have been Smiley Grin
aangloverx3
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: Jul 22, 2008 02:57 pm »

Toph + Ryu = cute couple  Grin

Agreed  Grin

you need to keep going on these i love them!
Firefight
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #19 on: Jul 22, 2008 06:01 pm »

Chapter 5
The Past

I was born through a secret Fire Nation project. They wanted to enhance human breeding. They wanted to create ultimate people. At first they wanted to recreate air benders, to be born under Fire Nation watch. But someone proposed an idea, people who could wield every element; they would have every strength and no weakness Some of the best scientist were taken, people who could have help cure disease, or other problems, were taken for this cause, for war. So there plan went to work. They began with ten random babies taken from their mothers, and cut then open, and had many tests on them. They found out to much, how chi flowed, how blood moved, how the heart beat, how bending worked, and how we lived. Things no man should ever know. Then they switched things in the children, the way chi flowed, blood paths, thought. Generations passed by. They learned so much from them. There blocked of the ability to have a free state of mind. They couldn't even think for themselves. Then it went downhill. They began to get deformations and wildness. Their plan back fired. They had gone eight whole generations, and now progress halted. They continued, living with the fact that most of the new babies would have to deal with being deformed or insane, or both. The generation I belong to, the ninth was the final. They had created so many mindless and crazy creatures, some barely resembled humans. I was born among them. I was raised with them. And I watched them. Some unable to even walk at the age of five. I realized something around that age, I had thought.

I was a flaw. You couldn't understand. I had to pretend to listen. I had no idea where I was, what I was, who I was, and what I should be doing. I had thoughts, which is one thing they though they eliminated through this breeding plan a long time ago. I never showed them. I knew what would happen if I stepped out of line. I looked like the others, acted like the other, talked like the others, but I wasn't the others. I watched an old man who spoke his mind die; they beat him to death in front of all of us, and warned us. The breeders soon noticed I was different. I tried so hard. But they beat me every day, and I would cry myself to sleep every night. I soon had no clothes that weren't blood-soaked. Eventually they were to take all the benders in the group, and keep them training. The non benders were put in chambers, to be watched, to be learned from.

I was thrown in a chamber, and scientist would watch my progression every now and then. But I had nothing wrong with me compared to the others. Some had too many arms, legs, fingers, eyes, or heads. Others were just completely insane. I was just quiet and hurt. So they soon stopped watching me. My chamber was small, and I was only ten years old, it was completely dark, except for the little light the shined through the tiny window. Every day, a red dragon fly would fly through the window, and I would feed it crumbs of my daily bread, and I watched it. It watched how it moved, how it flew, how it glided in the air, how its speed seemed unmatchable. And soon began to move like the dragonfly. I learned from it. And before I knew it, I was bending air. But something else came up. With some of the moves I used, I got fire instead of air. I did not question it. I would simply bow to the dragon fly, and it would fly away. I practiced my bending for long hours. I studied the dragonfly, sometimes for days, just learning its movements. I learned that my bending style would need air and fire in unison. And so I learned how to keep myself of the ground, using air. Air would be my protection and fire would be my weapon. I was now twelve. And I was sure of myself I had mastered the way of the dragonfly. The red dragonfly grew old, and eventually stopped coming I missed it. It was more of a family to me than anything. It seemed to have feelings. When I couldn't get a move right, it would wait, and watch, like a teacher. Then one day, I was caught bending. The brought me outside, and a large man beat me for many long hours. The things he did to me are indescribable. But I clicked. I couldn't take anymore.

I did something I will regret for the rest of my life. I filled his lungs with air using my bending, and he exploded from the inside. I cried. I did not plan to kill him. I cursed myself, but I could not wait there any longer. I quickly ran. The speeds I was going were insane. I couldn't believe it.  I was free, but the burden still felt heavy, as it always will. I ran into the yard were most of us were kept and I yelled, "Freedom!" The prisoners went wild. Fire, water, air, and earth flew as guards were killed and we were released into the city. I took my chance. I needed to know about my life. I found a black cloak and matching black pants in the warden's office, they were far too big but it would work. I found the biggest library in the Fire Nation Capitol, and eventually found the perfect book. I began to read. I read almost everything I told you. Except one thing, one part of the book, I read it severally times. These monsters we created will be war crazy machines, capable of massive destruction. We opened all of the chakaras, allowing a mimic to the avatar state within each of them. These demons will be unable to think, care, or even love.

I cried in the library. I was unlovable. I ran. I ran away from everything. I left the Fire Nation through secret tunnels. I hid myself. I stumbled upon these empty temples. I called it home. Eventually, I had a group of rebellious kids use my place in the hideout. One of them, a boy named Jet, found me. He told me what the Fire Nation has been doing to the world. I wanted to help. I supplied there army, with water and food. They were attack at an eclipse; the Fire Nation would be powerless. They began to head out, and Jet invited me to join them, I followed. We went through a secret tunnel that would bring us to the back of the city avoiding the main entrance. When we got into the city, the eclipse was in play, Jet told us not to look at it.

He yelled out, "Kill anyone you find!" I looked at him and said, "What about civilians, normal people?" Jet laughed, "There Fire Nation, kill them all!" I didn't want that. I was so angry, so sad, I shut my eyes, when they opened they glowed red. I floated into the air, and I locked every single one of Jet's followers, in earth, I lifted Jet up, to stare me in the eye. I wanted to kill him. I couldn't.  My red eyes became normal, and I left. Not knowing what would happen to Jet and his army, not caring.

I didn't want to believe the power I had. It was scary. I was so mad, and scared. I moved back to the Western Air Temple, where I questioned everything, my life, my bending, and my existence. I became fake. Not real, I shouldn't exist. Only the avatar can keep the balance of all four elements, I was a monster. And so I hid.
Then you found me. That night I sat with Toph, I felt a reason. I felt real. I felt like I was worth something. Then, when you were attacked she came and found me, which was the first time someone needed me. And today at the beach, I was surrounded by people who actually care.

"Please don't let that change," Ryu said, as a tear rolled down his cheek. Toph stood, and hugged him. The group was silent, as Ryu cried in Toph's shoulder. Aang and Katara soon joined in the hug, after they broke Zuko walked up to his, and brought him into a tight grasp, "I am so sorry for what they did to you," Zuko said, almost ready to cry himself. After they broke, Sokka put his hand on Ryu's shoulders, "You were a friend," Sokka started, "But you need a family, we can be that." Sokka grabbed Ryu and held him like a hurt brother, Suki smiled at this sight. After Sokka let go, Suki lunged at Ryu and held him tight. "Shh," she said, "Don't cry." Sokka smiled at this. After everyone comforted him, Toph hugged him again, Toph whispered in his ear, "It will be alright." By the end of the night, everyone was sleeping, all leaning up against Appa's warm body. Toph managed to slide under Ryu's arm during the night. Ryu woke to find Toph snuggled up against him. He smiled, pulled her closer, and fell back into the easiest sleep of his life.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Angst  :'(
i really like how this story is coming along, and theres still alot more to come
it really helps me and my writing because it given me a chance to write in alot of different styles and about alot of different things,
the next chapter may not be up for a bit, i had these first few already planned out, now i need to come up with more chapters yay
(for the next chapter i wanted them all playing some sport or game, what would be a something people play in the avatar world?)

avatarwolfmaster: thanks for all you comments  Grin much appreciated
Toph007: thanks, i have alot more planned with those two  Smiley
Quellie: Thanks! And I will!
aangloverx3: Thank you!

Comments really help me and thanks to the people who do! 
« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2008 06:05 pm by Firefight » Logged

Quellie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #20 on: Jul 22, 2008 07:04 pm »

I really <3 this story! I also luv that you keep updating so regularly! Keep doing what u r doing this is an amazing story!!! Smiley
spirit_world12
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

~RIP Koizilla~

« Reply #21 on: Jul 23, 2008 02:59 am »

Wow;you sure update fast!I even missed a few chapters..

Well,the story has taken a new twist.This "breeding program" sounded interesting and harsh..Poor Ryu.

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

av by crazy4purple23

« Reply #22 on: Jul 24, 2008 12:20 pm »

Poor Ryu.
Lots of angst in this chapter.
I wonder if the mutants are out there.....
I want more.

My Fanart
Toph007
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #23 on: Jul 24, 2008 02:30 pm »

I glad that you're going to write more!
A very good new chapter!
Ryu's past is really sad but Toph and the gaang are trying to help him...sweeeet  Grin

aangloverx3
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #24 on: Jul 24, 2008 06:51 pm »

aaw  :'(
poor Ryu!

thats sweet of everyone though! (even zuzu!  Grin)

i like how you update these quickly! keep going like always!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: