Aug 17, 2017 09:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maivry's Art Conglomeration -- 6/20 Screenshot Redraws  (Read 115110 times)
Zombie_Chinchilla
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

See ya later...crocodile.

« Reply #225 on: Aug 14, 2014 09:22 pm »

I know I've told you how much I love your Red Lotus sketch before but I just seriously love it so, so, SO MUCH OMG. It is absolute perfection. I actually have a few other Red Lotus headcanons I wrote out a few weeks ago, lol. There's one I was kind of thinking into making a comic, idk. But if you're curious, go ahead and PM me. <3

And of course, I love your Tokka Week drawings. I'd have to say my favorite is Stranded. The emotion, the color, the story behind it, everything is super gorgeous and so, so heart-wrenched.

Ah man every time I see your work I just

The character in my icon is from the webcomic Paranatural.

A vacation, just the two of us.
Maivry
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #226 on: Aug 24, 2014 08:56 pm »

Onu_Bender -- Good to see you around again. Smiley Hmm, Sokka technically reads to Toph in my comic...

Rava -- If anyone wants to make fics that'd be fun. =) I don't have any further idea for those two, though.

Zombie_Chinchilla -- I'm having a lot of fun stalking the comments people leave on it. xD It went from a lot of comments like, "I love these guys" to conflicted feelings to conflicted hate/angst. My favorite one was someone who had the tag "GOOD" and then they said the piece had been in their queue and NOW they wanted to change it to "BAD." Teehee. I'm glad you like Stranded... I'm seriously so happy with it and I was just thinking up some new ideas that might make the potential fic more possible. u.u

So I'm sure you guys know the finale was really something. I couldn't help but draw fanart after watching it. u.u But it was kind of hard to represent it with normal emotions.

Link

Link

T.T Now we wait.

In other news, Loopy proclaimed today Maikka Day rather than a fortnight, so I have an extra fancy Maikka piece. xD

Link

I had fun thinking about ways they could uniquely interact with each other. And I missed drawing Mai. I swear she always comes out so well.

As for the comic...! Well, I've been posting some WIP stuff on my Tumblr, if you're interested, but the main thing right now is all the pages look like this:

Which means it can actually be read! And I have in fact roped in some family members to beta read. The next big thing is... dun dun dun... beginning the finished artwork. Right now I'm doing some final double-checking of things like the characters' blocking or the way they're interacting with background elements. I actually should have done this stuff a long time ago, but what can you do? xD

ArtFicsGraphics
The-Blue-Dragon-Lord
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Fear The Old Blood!

« Reply #227 on: Aug 25, 2014 12:11 pm »

Your art is good! Grin

I loved the funny Mai and Ty Lee comic on the last page. The way you did Ty Lee was perfect and I was reminded of how she was such a lovable goofball in the series. LOL!

« Last Edit: Aug 25, 2014 12:16 pm by The-Blue-Dragon-Lord » Logged

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." — H.P. Lovecraft
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #228 on: Aug 25, 2014 06:50 pm »

And I missed drawing Mai. I swear she always comes out so well.

Hear, hear!

Onu-Bender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Tokkarian King and Equalist Emeritis

« Reply #229 on: Oct 03, 2014 04:35 pm »

Onu_Bender -- Good to see you around again. Smiley Hmm, Sokka technically reads to Toph in my comic...

I'll look it up then, when I have some time.

Varrick, Amon and Sokka, the only humans among the Titans..
Just hand over your Turtleducks and no Firebender will be harmed.
zukotea
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

i love zuko more than i fear you

« Reply #230 on: Oct 07, 2014 12:16 am »

Ahhhhh the Mai and Sokka one was really cute and well done! c: All of them are lovely!

♡iKEEP:Zuko's take off shirt scene in 305, Sokka's Love for Shopping, Katara's Hope, Aang & Zuko's Hug, General Iroh's Voice and Zuko's dragon
Maivry
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #231 on: Oct 07, 2014 01:01 pm »

Thanks folks. Smiley Seems Mai's popular. xD

Apparently I didn't realize how long it's been since I last updated, because I have a number of non-comic type art I've done. Also, I'm doing screenshot redraws of ATLA, which I'll probably share here when they're all compiled.

Speaking of Mai, I found an unpublished doodle of her on my computer.

It looks like it's from when I was messing around with brushes earlier this year.

I usually don't draw cuddles, but I needed to reassure myself that canon and fanon are no obstacle for my OTP. Grin

Link

This one's probably not gonna happen like this, but then I was speculating before I saw the trailer.

Link

Aaand last month I read the ATLA comics. I'd like to do some parodies of some scenes to prove they could be done better... but so far I've just summarized the Promise as follows:

Link

As for my most recent piece, I drew Opal because opal is the birthstone for October and my birthday's coming up. Woohoo. Smiley Plus she's adorable.

Link

This last one's a snippet from my comic. The lighting is altered from what I have in mind, but the style is about what I'm aiming for. 'Tis an important moment. Wink

Link
« Last Edit: Jun 21, 2015 01:00 am by Maivry » Logged

ArtFicsGraphics
Cerulean
Global Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #232 on: Oct 07, 2014 10:40 pm »

I love all the little sketches and cuddles. Cheesy And the lighting on that last one! So dramatic!
Rava
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Korrami ♪ TyZula ♬ Kataang ♫ Maiko ♫ Bopal ♪ Sukka

« Reply #233 on: Oct 08, 2014 05:59 pm »

Cute Opal is cute.

BTW, what do you think of her in these air nomads flying suits?

yours Rava

Keeper of Aang's Vision of Toph - Iroh's Spirit World sight - Toph's badgermole kiss - Lion turtle's chanting ---  Smiley
Quote from: Fishfood1
you're the king of yuri on ASN
Maivry
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #234 on: Mar 25, 2015 01:08 am »

Boo, I've neglected this thread again.

But I have half a collection of silly drawings just for this forum. Grin Those who are curious for the whole cause of this would do well to read the posts following this, but the gist of it is... mods and admins on their ride of choice! (It might actually be the people's choice, rather than theirs, but that's neither here nor there.)

Icy_Ashford

Mr Grieves

SMBH

Zubby

Presumably there will be a part two featuring at least most of the remaining active mods (those who will show their face), and I might even make an effort to keep the trend up if/when we get new ones. Grin But we shall see.

ArtFicsGraphics
CartoonSuperHero
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #235 on: Mar 25, 2015 01:44 pm »

These are awesome! I love everyone's expressions.

I keep Toph's messy bangs, the giant koi at Kyoshi Island, Asami's goggles, Lin's lost love and Toph's eleventh finger.
Sig by the epic Maivry!
Maivry
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #236 on: Jun 21, 2015 01:19 am »

As previously mentioned, I've been doing screenshot redraws for ATLA and I just finished the set for Book Water. Here are some of my favorites:

You can check them out individually or all together. =)

ArtFicsGraphics
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #237 on: Jun 21, 2015 09:43 am »

Wow these are amaaazing!

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Pages: « previous page   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: