Sep 15, 2019 10:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maivry's Art Conglomeration -- 6/20 Screenshot Redraws  (Read 153789 times)
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #175 on: Jun 06, 2012 05:22 am »

Mr Grieves -- Dare I ask what the fandom perception of her is? I'm curious what you would have expected.

The fandom's perception is girl-on-girl when it comes to Kyoshi. And i think you hit it quite nicely  Cheesy.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #176 on: Jun 06, 2012 05:42 am »

Mr Grieves -- Dare I ask what the fandom perception of her is? I'm curious what you would have expected.

The fandom's perception is girl-on-girl when it comes to Kyoshi.

And violent. Violent girl-on-girl.

I liked this last page. Kuruk's telling it like it is.

EDIT: Its 'Kuruk' right?
Rava
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Korrami ♪ TyZula ♬ Kataang ♫ Maiko ♫ Bopal ♪ Sukka

« Reply #177 on: Jun 06, 2012 10:47 am »

Haha, Kuruk, the Avatar always wins his first crush... no, you call it love... Well.... we not know enough of Kyoshi and Kuruk to be sure of that...

(But hopefully TLOK proves otherwise... always getting the first crush, always having the first ever crush as the TRU WURF is a bit... unrealistic, or not? Just imagine, folks, do you all remember your first crush ever? Now imagine you would have to spend your whole life with him or her, after you get to know him/her better and backed off? *shudder*)

yours Rava

Keeper of Aang's Vision of Toph - Iroh's Spirit World sight - Toph's badgermole kiss - Lion turtle's chanting ---  Smiley
Quote from: Fishfood1
you're the king of yuri on ASN
Maivry
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #178 on: Jun 10, 2012 12:58 am »

Atomaki and Mr Grieves -- Ah, now I see why I wasn't in the know. Tongue

Rava -- I figure they do win their first love, rather than crush. In Korra's case... well, I imply Makorra a bit, but I think it's still open whether Korra's really in love. Wink

---

So, is Kuruk going to win the best advice award...?

Click for fullview

Well, doesn't look it.

Yay! This comic thing is officially done! Though I've got an idea for a bonus page...

But doing it in colored pencils only? Never again.

---

In other news, I rewatched much of ATLA within the last few weeks, which put me in a Tokka mood. Then I reread my fanfics which means that I am now inseparable from the Tokka mood until I get out of the Avatar mood entirely. What this means is that you'll be seeing some Tokka from me in the future. I've also got a mind to do a larger Tokka art project, depending on your suggestions.

So, what'll it be? Would any of you be interested in seeing a series of illustrations meant to accompany my old Tokka fics or would you like to see an unseen Tokka story realized as a full color comic? Either would be a long term project, so I'd still be doing other artwork. Especially since I finally have free time. Cool
« Last Edit: Jun 10, 2012 01:01 am by Maivry » Logged

ArtFicsGraphics
RuonJian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Icon by jadeite-icons

« Reply #179 on: Jun 15, 2012 02:58 pm »

Maivry I love your comic! A writer AND an artist huh? You are so multi-talented Smiley And I think a Tokka comic would be awesome.

I keep Korra's pout and Lin Beifong's stylish trench coat.
Maivry
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #180 on: Jun 16, 2012 01:51 am »

RuonJian -- Thanks. Cheesy Yup. A helpful combination when you want to get into webcomics.

---

Love Is Hard When You're Young didn't end with quite the feeling I wanted, so here's a bonus picture!

This is some Pemzin for the shipping thread after 106. I figured Pema would care about the fact that Tenzin's been getting into fights lately...

Another shipping thread piece, based off this:

And come on, the image of Iroh getting to hold his firstborn grandchild after everything he went through with Zuko?  Someone fanart that, and I know I'll cry, because even the mental image chokes me up. 

Not just Uncle Iroh... Great Uncle Iroh. Grin

---

So it's surprising I don't have any Tokka for this post considering my head has been swimming in it for days. I've currently got three WIPs -- one is a Tokka meme I've been working on since wayyy back in 2010. Another is something based off the ATLA finale when I watched it (and was killeded) a couple weeks ago. Aaand the third is the comic idea... I've done thumbs for the first half of the story, but unfortunately the second part is based on a fanfic I never finished and I'm realizing why I got stuck all over again. xD

One way or another I have some glorious Tokka on the way. If you're a Tokkaneer it's a good time to come out of the woodwork. Wink

ArtFicsGraphics
Zombie_Chinchilla
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

See ya later...crocodile.

« Reply #181 on: Jun 17, 2012 09:01 am »

Blinking in the sunlight, near blind from th darkness, Zombie slowly crawls out from under the canon rock. "To-" she whispers, wiping the crust from her eyes. Her whole body is sore, her back bent over and crooked. She's pale, very pale. "Tokka?" she whispers, her voice a course whisper.

Slowly, she crawls over to Maivry's art thread, where there is a promise of Tokka. A single tear falls down her cheek. "Tokka." She says again, like fondly remembering an old friend. She sits down. "Tokka."

(Lovely drawings, by the way, like always. Especially the Iroh drawing, very sweet.)

The character in my icon is from the webcomic Paranatural.

A vacation, just the two of us.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #182 on: Jun 17, 2012 03:05 pm »

I loved Kuruk's capstone to the whole love thing. Cheesy

Hartz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I have discovered a new passion. Drawing! :)

« Reply #183 on: Jun 17, 2012 07:23 pm »

I love your drawings. This is like inspiration for me to start drawing. Please continue to post pictures they are amazing.

Maivry
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #184 on: Jun 19, 2012 03:03 am »

Hartz -- Oh, do draw! Grin I fully believe in inspiring more people to draw. I'm glad you like my work so much.

Blinking in the sunlight, near blind from th darkness, Zombie slowly crawls out from under the canon rock. "To-" she whispers, wiping the crust from her eyes. Her whole body is sore, her back bent over and crooked. She's pale, very pale. "Tokka?" she whispers, her voice a course whisper.

Slowly, she crawls over to Maivry's art thread, where there is a promise of Tokka. A single tear falls down her cheek. "Tokka." She says again, like fondly remembering an old friend. She sits down. "Tokka."

This made my day. Cheesy

And I have to do some kind of Tokka, now...

Loopy -- So I hear you miss Maikka.

---

So, guys.

Over the weekend I kept working on that Tokka meme and even wrote some fanfics. But now that I've finally seen the latest episode, I only have one inspiration.

My art skills aren't good enough for Lin. ;_; It's shocking that it took me this long to draw her. Now I feel like I need to get as much Lin art done between now and Saturday before the show fixes/finalizes her fate.

ArtFicsGraphics
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #185 on: Jun 19, 2012 06:00 pm »

Maikka!

And Lace Sword!

My day is made!

I just want to say (again) that I love the way you capture Maikka so well in their facial expressions. The contrasts, even while they're cuddling, are nothing short of delightful, every time.

Anliya
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

m00shrum
« Reply #186 on: Jun 19, 2012 09:58 pm »

Yesss! I really hope Lin whips out some other weapon now that she can't earthbend anymore. A sword would be nice. Verrry nice.

*sniffle* The picture of Toph and baby Lin is so sad and beautiful. She must be so proud of her baby girl. ;_;

Onu-Bender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Tokkarian King and Equalist Emeritis

« Reply #187 on: Jun 19, 2012 10:24 pm »

Hartz -- Oh, do draw! Grin I fully believe in inspiring more people to draw. I'm glad you like my work so much.

This made my day. Cheesy

And I have to do some kind of Tokka, now...

Loopy -- So I hear you miss Maikka.

---

So, guys.

Over the weekend I kept working on that Tokka meme and even wrote some fanfics. But now that I've finally seen the latest episode, I only have one inspiration.

My art skills aren't good enough for Lin. ;_; It's shocking that it took me this long to draw her. Now I feel like I need to get as much Lin art done between now and Saturday before the show fixes/finalizes her fate.
As always you did a good job. if you draw Lin though I may need to give a cookie. I've been tempted, but haven't dared drawing people for years now, only scenery.

As for the last picture, alas, you beat me to a storyline point in my series I will need to do  a rewrite my surprise capstone story now... to avoid duplicating the scene.

I think what I liked seeing best was how Toph pulling apart rock looks so much like cloth. It flows natural.

Varrick, Amon and Sokka, the only humans among the Titans..
Just hand over your Turtleducks and no Firebender will be harmed.
Maivry
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #188 on: Jun 23, 2012 03:24 pm »

Loopy -- I think their differing expressions is what makes them so fun to draw. Cheesy And it took me a while to figure out what Lace Sword was, but now it's given me an image...

---

I did a speed paint last night but was too tired to update the thread:

Click to view

Felt good to paint. I haven't done anything in full color for a while.

---

I still haven't seen the finale, since I watch the episodes on Nick.com. Do you know how strange it feels right now? I woke up today feeling like everyone in the world knew something I didn't.

*Goes to hide in Tokka cave for the weekend*

Oh, speaking of which, that Tokka meme should be done by Monday. I've only got three prompts left!

I finally finished the Tokka meme! It's full of much Tokka goodness, so hopefully you can tell why it took me so long.

Tokka-Fans-United Meme

Click to view

Additionally, I've decided to open up a Tumblr that's generally focused on Tokka! Please take a look and make a request, or something. =)
« Last Edit: Jun 26, 2012 02:55 pm by Maivry » Logged

ArtFicsGraphics
Zombie_Chinchilla
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #189 on: Jun 27, 2012 05:29 pm »

I love you. ;_;

Seriously, though, I love all your Tokka. It's just too sweet, I love how you do the characters. I think the golden years panel is my favorite in your meme. Blind jokes never get old, and the way that one was delivered was just too sweet.

Seeing your Tokka art is like remembering old friends. You're truly an inspiration. Definitely following your tumblr.

Board Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We are more than the sum of our parts...

« Reply #190 on: Jun 27, 2012 11:59 pm »

Oh Maivry, that's a great meme.  Your art is as beautiful as ever; I love the warmth and affection you put into Tokka whenever you draw them.  My favorites are the pregnant!Toph (I can totally see Sokka doing that), your adorable Young!Maiko picture (I might jump ship for them too), the golden years (awwwwww...Sokka's terrible art will forever remain canon and cute) and the humane treatment of Suki. Wink  I can totally see her kicking pirate butt on Kyoshi Island, with or without Sokka. 

I hope you get inspired to do some more art during the break before more Korra.  Grin

Sig and avvie by the amazing KF!
My Final Tribute to Avatar
They came.  They saw.  They fought.  They changed.  And so did we.
Maivry
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #191 on: Jun 28, 2012 01:44 am »

Zombie_Chinchilla -- You're making me want to go all Tumblr on you and talk about my feels and how much it really is like old friends and cdbmqjtndiuoecrldh. More Tokka is on order.

Avatardestiny -- I'm glad you like my take. Grin I will certainly be doing more art! I've half-convinced myself to be a graphic novelist, and fanwork is a fantastic way to practice all the necessary skills. It's only those pesky things called school and work (currently non-existent) that get in the way of creation.

---

First, some Tokka from Tumblr!

Likewise for Tumblr, but more general... well, I just love this outfit of Sokka's. And then I got to thinking about his role in the Day of Black Sun and those feels got started again...

Lastly, something from the shipping thread:

That would be nice.And my favorite Mako ships also become canon. The back of my hand/Mako and bottom of a cliff/Mako.  That would be nice to.

I swear, since no one's debating Sutokka anymore my brain feels understimulated in the shipping thread and I just come up with silly things.

---

On Tumblr I'm aiming to update daily with at least a little something, so that should keep this thread active. I've also got some stellar Korra ideas that I just need to get around to somehow. Sheesh, I have this brilliant Linzin one that I've been wanting to do since 105 aired.

Also, my copy of The Promise is on its way, and it should spark some more ideas. Not that I actually need more ideas.
« Last Edit: Sep 26, 2014 07:25 pm by Maivry » Logged

ArtFicsGraphics
Zombie_Chinchilla
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #192 on: Jun 28, 2012 12:05 pm »

Yes yes you are allowed to have a feels fest in my ask box on tumblr. My url's aliveisntsad, go nuts.

Yet again your expressions for Sokka and Toph are pure perfection. Playful, yet caring and loving at the same time. I guess if we won't have them as a couple, we'll take them as friends, right?

I loved your Mako pieces, too. I ship it. Grin

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #193 on: Jun 28, 2012 09:41 pm »

Ooh, really digging the DOBS Sokka one. Great emotion in his posture.

And Tokka is always fun. Smiley

Maivry
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #194 on: Jul 01, 2012 05:46 pm »

Zombie_Chinchilla -- Yes, friends. ._. Admittedly, I'm super excited that everything post-ATLA has just reinforced how amazing they are together, despite the lack of comment on her crush.

Loopy -- Thanks! Cheesy The posture was tricky. I kept wavering between thinking it was too static or too exaggerated.

---

Tokkatokkatokkatokkatokka...

This one's based on Toph's first line in The Promise.

And this is what happens when you're stewing in feels:

I'm really proud of it. :') And I need to write up an essay to go along with every excuse that goes through her (or the fandom's?) mind.

And now for some sketches! These were all done while I was at school... and hence, I had no reference. Hence the terribleness. My attempt at the airbenders was just too embarrassing to show.

Finally, some concept art for that Tokka comic I was talking about:

If anyone's interested in critiquing, I'll potentially be taking beta readers before I get all the art underway. It's... on the fluffy side. Just a forewarning.

ArtFicsGraphics
Zombie_Chinchilla
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #195 on: Jul 03, 2012 12:18 pm »

Aw, it's all so cute! I love it all, really. The sketches of Korra and her gang are very sweet, I love how you draw them. And I can't wait to see the Tokka comic! Bring on the fluff.

Maivry
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #196 on: Jul 16, 2012 07:27 pm »

Zombie_Chinchilla -- Thanks. Smiley So far I really love drawing Korra.

---

Today I basically bring you Toph. First, older Toph at Gaoling!

This is an illustration for my fanfic Condolence.

Aaand here's my first attempt at Chief Beifong and little Lin.

Bonus Tokka, Promise style. Maybe they went out to celebrate after the second book.

There's some more stuff with Sokka on my Tumblr, but I figure flooding the board with Tokka might scare some people away. ¬.¬ Even though it's not like I ever make them do sickeningly shippy things.

---

So between trying to keep my Tumblr active and acquiring a full-time job, I haven't had much time for stuff relating to TLOK... ¬.¬ But I'll try to add some more variety sometime.

ArtFicsGraphics
KorraLover
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

BolinxKorra - Borra

« Reply #197 on: Jul 16, 2012 09:16 pm »

Tokka feelings, especially the last one aahhhhhhhhhh gdiugjkmrnbsoijmklmdagdjsrbt3424543

S.S Borra will NEVER sink!
Too many good moments of Avatar: TLA and LoK to put here to remind myself of how awesome both series are and their momen
CartoonSuperHero
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #198 on: Jul 17, 2012 08:52 am »

Your drawings are beautiful. Smiley And Toph's face at the end of the Toph and Lin picture... XD So perfect.

I keep Toph's messy bangs, the giant koi at Kyoshi Island, Asami's goggles, Lin's lost love and Toph's eleventh finger.
Sig by the epic Maivry!
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #199 on: Jul 17, 2012 07:03 pm »

I love the mom!Toph and Lil'Lin comic! Poor little Lin has all her hopes crushed. Cheesy

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: