Aug 23, 2017 09:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 287 (49.5%)
9 - 109 (18.8%)
8 - 96 (16.6%)
7 - 55 (9.5%)
6 - 15 (2.6%)
5 - 7 (1.2%)
4 - 5 (0.9%)
3 - 3 (0.5%)
2 - 1 (0.2%)
1 - 2 (0.3%)
Total Voters: 561

Pages: « previous page   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [215] The Tales of Ba Sing Se  (Read 55397 times)
Toph13139
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Four for you, Glen Coco! You go, Glen Coco!

« Reply #475 on: Dec 20, 2010 01:55 pm »

I loved Irohs and Toph & Katara's. There both touching, Irohs being the most that made me cry  Cry

Mr. Eagle?

Anyway, I really liked this episode. Unlike season three, that we could all agree was full of filler, this "filly" episode during season two was certainly a break we needed. Especially during the Ba Sing Se arc where everything's too serious and creepy for actual lulz.

The Little Soldier Boy... =( Reminds me of a song my mom used to sing to me. So evil she... She knew it made me sad and she still sang.

Zuko's tale was... Okay, I guess. Zutarians had someone to be mad at while Mai was out of the picture.

Momo's was pretty blah to me. I don't connect with Appa or Momo as much as I would like to.

Aang's tale made me smile, but that's it.

Katara's and Toph's... Pfft... Toph in a Spa, man... That's pure win.

Iroh's tale made me say: "Zuko, where the f*ck are you?! YOUR UNCLE NEEDS A HUG!!". But seriously, where was he?

Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #476 on: Mar 05, 2011 07:10 pm »

Zuko and iroh had the best stories. This episode may not be fantastic, but it's still really good.

"I told you I would destroy you."
"With you out of the way, I will be the one true Avatar."
"Your name will echo throughout history: Korra, the last Avatar."
drhorrible61
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am the first Jinora fan.

« Reply #477 on: Mar 07, 2011 05:29 am »

You may be surprised by this, but I found Sokka's tale to be awesome.

newavatarfan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm a real legend

« Reply #478 on: Mar 19, 2011 04:36 pm »

I love this episode. The stories are great and in a couple cases we get some true insight into characters where we have had very little, like Momo and Toph.

Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #479 on: Dec 30, 2011 05:21 am »

Every time I see Iroh's tale the ending gives me chills, if not makes me cry.  I know the first time I watched it, I cried and a few times after that.  Now I just brace myself and accept the chills.

My keeps: Korra & Tenzin's relationship, Tenzin's air wheel, Tenzin's locket of Guru Laghima, Tenzin's lecture on Monk Tang Xu's historic fast
Eire
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Visitor worlds apart

648718851 eireika2@yahoo.com
« Reply #480 on: Dec 30, 2011 02:59 pm »

So think about thousands of the fathers from both sides mourning after their sons who died during 1000 days war, because one crown prince wanted to conquer a city.
I'm not a right person to watch such a tearful moments. I suppose that I should cry with Protagonist, not think about peasants who had their cottages burnt during filming Robin Hood.

Per aspera ad astra, man!

"I judge, lord, that ten thousands of nacked maidens make less impression than one"
Boosflash
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ozai's Keeper

« Reply #481 on: Dec 30, 2011 06:13 pm »

Somebody in this thread said irohs tale was loaded with symbolism...What symbolism? Huh Huh Huh Huh

somebody-anybody...please explain. Cry

Keeper of Ozai's Ozainess,
Keeper of The Monkey
Keeper of "Doctor please, I don't think that arm goes in there."
I hope I stole your post.
Inkwell
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #482 on: Jan 14, 2013 01:18 pm »

Iroh's tale made me tear up. Manly tears.
Sokka's tale was really funny and cool, I liked it, it also showed a hidden side of him.
Katara and Toph's tale was a bit bland, to be honest, but it was still a nice time they had and that was good.
Aang's tale was the weakest, it just didn't click with me for some reason.
Momo's tale was funny and weird and I liked it.
daventry
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #483 on: Nov 29, 2014 02:31 am »

Theres something bothering me about the Age of Goten, hence the photo we see of him that describes the Memory of Mako.

Anyway, we saw flashes of Goten being a Baby where Zuko was like 10 years old.

So the Question is, did Iroh took he's Baby to Ba Sing Sei where the Child died, since the Person in the Picture is way older and who was the Mother of Goten.
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #484 on: Dec 08, 2014 08:06 am »

^ Goten? Are you talking about Lu Ten?

And I'm pretty sure Zuko is the baby while Lu Ten is the 10-year-old. We know he was an adult when he died.

Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King of Heroes, Gilgamesh

« Reply #485 on: Dec 08, 2014 08:06 am »

Can't believe there are 1s and 2s on an episode such as this, guess the fandom really wasn't that different from LoK.
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #486 on: Dec 08, 2014 08:15 am »

^ Why are you surprised? The episode felt very filler-ish, and some people don't like that. I think it's pretty normal there would be some low votes.

Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King of Heroes, Gilgamesh

« Reply #487 on: Dec 08, 2014 08:16 am »

^ Why are you surprised? The episode felt very filler-ish, and some people don't like that. I think it's pretty normal there would be some low votes.

It's such an adored LoA episode, in current time at least. I can see how fillers would be annoying during air though.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #488 on: Dec 08, 2014 02:51 pm »

I personally don't like it that much. It's in my bottom 3 episodes along with Great Divide and Nightmares and Daydreams.

The only story I like is Zuko's. Everything else just ranges from mediocre to awful.

I wouldn't rate it as low as a 1 or 2...maybe a 4 or 5?

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #489 on: Dec 08, 2014 09:22 pm »

Iroh's tale made me say: "Zuko, where the f*ck are you?! YOUR UNCLE NEEDS A HUG!!". But seriously, where was he?

My headcanon is Zuko was back at the teashop, covering Iroh's shift so his uncle could have the day off for Lu Ten's birthday.

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Funkybender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #490 on: Dec 10, 2014 01:06 am »

I think a large part of 215's appeal is nostalgia for fan favorites like Iroh and the emotional moments that the characters experience. While it was a diversion from the main plotline, I think it served its purpose by providing an opportunity for character development, particularly for Iroh and Toph.

So what I'm saying is that whether you like ToBSS or not is largely dependent on how easily your heart strings are tugged on.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #491 on: Dec 10, 2014 05:21 pm »

Nope, not accepting that. My heartstrings are not easily tugged, but even I was starting to choke up when I read, "In Honor of Mako"

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #492 on: Dec 10, 2014 05:33 pm »

I think I've said it before but that Iroh moment is the one moment where everyone seems to tcry at while I just shrug and move on.

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #493 on: Dec 30, 2014 09:19 pm »

This episode was very so-so. As most people have said previously, the tale of Iroh was the best part. I didn't care for anything else though. Also I disliked the animation. DR makes everything look so funny.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #494 on: Dec 31, 2014 03:26 am »

I actually found Zuko's story to be the best part. Iroh's part was to "in your face" about how he can help people.

platypusbearrox
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

All Shall Burn Under The Flame Of Fire Lord Azula

« Reply #495 on: Sep 14, 2015 10:30 pm »

:'(got to say momos and irohs were 100% brilliant and there should be more filler eps like this but sadly there were not. irohs story was really heart touching and I felt for him and cried for 10 minutes after how lame of me I know but it was just such a differeret side of iroh and it was really nice to see
Pages: « previous page   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: