Jul 27, 2017 11:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 287 (49.5%)
9 - 109 (18.8%)
8 - 96 (16.6%)
7 - 55 (9.5%)
6 - 15 (2.6%)
5 - 7 (1.2%)
4 - 5 (0.9%)
3 - 3 (0.5%)
2 - 1 (0.2%)
1 - 2 (0.3%)
Total Voters: 561

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [215] The Tales of Ba Sing Se  (Read 55177 times)
mbgmich
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #450 on: Jul 06, 2010 10:16 pm »

Momo's story was really sad, but it was my favorite part. I had tears in my eyes. He misses Appa Sad I really liked Zuko's story. It was funny yet kinda sad at the end when he leaves Jin. Katara and Toph's was also pretty good. Toph was so pretty. She shouldn't listen to those girls xD

Roknar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #451 on: Jul 07, 2010 12:32 am »

I really liked that episode, I think they did a good job. 10.
sokkasgirlx3
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #452 on: Jul 07, 2010 09:57 pm »

i cried when iroh's story came on. this whole episode was really great
ricco
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #453 on: Jul 21, 2010 04:58 am »

IMO the Zuko part of the Ep was best

P.S. I LOVED Iroh's song

RIP Mako

Keeper of Katara's: "I don't know Aang...ask Sokka's instincts",
Azula’s: "My own mother thought I was a monster...she was right",
Iroh's: "Maybe it should be a proverb", Roku's: "You think I am weak"
representing watertribe
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #454 on: Jul 31, 2010 02:45 am »

This episode was great. Necessary? Not really. Emotionally touching? Very much so. Seriously, Iroh's tale was one of the most beautiful moments of the whole show.
yelly
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #455 on: Jul 31, 2010 08:12 am »

I really like this episode!!
It's like a relief episode. For once it's not all about them chasing each other and the goals the gang has to face.xD
Even Momo has his tale!!!xD

I really like Zuko's tale the best.xD That girl sure was pretty. Too bad he's already taken.xD
and Iroh's tale was really touching. :')
R.I.P Mako!!!
SilverSandwich
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #456 on: Jul 31, 2010 02:46 pm »

Since I first saw the series out of order, I wasn't aware when I saw the episode for the first time that Iroh had a son who died young (in battle while serving under his father, no less!). I just remember my jaw dropping when they got to his song at the end of his tale, especially with his line preceding it about how he wasn't able to help his own son, despite helping so many others.
Meowsie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

=^.^=

« Reply #457 on: Aug 01, 2010 11:35 am »

I saw this episode last night after having not seen it for like 2 years. I forgot how great it is. ^_^
My favorite one is Zuko's Story. I have a fondness for Jin and Zuko as a couple.

Simon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Chibi Jet

« Reply #458 on: Aug 01, 2010 07:33 pm »

Well, the episodes were touching. I like Iroh's the best, it added a lot of background and personality to his whole character, as with the other characters. As I say, character development is key Smiley Zuko's was very funny and romantic.
Anzu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #459 on: Aug 01, 2010 09:14 pm »

I love this episode. Iroh's story always makes me cry, and I love Zuko x Jin. I wanted more of them. We get some Toph/Katara interaction in which they're NOT shouting at each other, and momo's story is really touching. Then of course, there's Sokka, our comic relief man. Really, it's just a great episode in every way.   

Keeper of Toph's outraged "What!?" in 208, and Sokka's attempt to make Zuko angry in 313
Air
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #460 on: Aug 03, 2010 11:35 pm »

i loved it
especially iroh's tale
and momo's tale was funny and added a bit to the actually show

Ambrose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #461 on: Sep 27, 2010 11:14 am »

And we never seen Jin again.
 Lol.

Carpe diem
Toph Bei Master
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Huge Avatar:TLA Fan, love the Avatar Universe

« Reply #462 on: Oct 10, 2010 11:58 am »

I loved Irohs and Toph & Katara's. There both touching, Irohs being the most that made me cry  Cry

The key to earthbending is your stance.
Richtea
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ATLA Fan since September 28, 2010 :)

« Reply #463 on: Oct 30, 2010 11:17 pm »

Uncle Iroh's tale was fantastic and moving. That tale alone deserves a 10. The whole episode overall gets an 8. Smiley

Check out my Facebook art page! --> facebook.com/RichTeaArt
Shi Len
Banned Clone Account
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I like rocks.

« Reply #464 on: Nov 09, 2010 12:14 am »

This is a well executed episode call it filler if you must but it actually contributes to the story with momo's tale. It has above average character development and a bit off backstory. As for the negatives sokka's tale was a bit boring girls like sokka we get it by now, zuko's tale was ok i guess but he has terrible social skills, and aang's tale was decent. We needed more episodes like this.

Keeper of: Rebuilt Southern and Northern Water Tribes, The Earth Rumble VII, and Hama\\\'s Prison Cage.
TallBoy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

My Heart Burns For You

« Reply #465 on: Nov 09, 2010 03:08 pm »

I know everyone says the same about this episode.
It'd be hard to find someone on here whose eyes didn't well up after Iroh's.
but I think I'll just add mine to the list of reviews.

It was a good episode. Iroh's tale was amazing though. honestly, the whole episode could have been the few minutes of his tale and I wouldn't have cared. I had never felt such a true feeling of sadness from a TV show. And I wasn't surprised it came from A:TLA.

We all love you Mako

3DS FC: 2836-0221-8587
PM me if you add me
guitarfreak
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

bamfs~

« Reply #466 on: Nov 13, 2010 08:50 am »

i just watched this episode again today, and i really really like this episode cuz it focused on each individual character (as a couple of ppl said, i also think this was just a filler episode, but hell, i liked it anywayz) and

i really like how there was a katara/toph moment, and they got along instead of their usual quarreling, and we see another side of toph. it was funny at the start, and at the end we got to see how toph feels.
iroh's tale was just really sad how he helps all those people, but he couldn't do anything for his son. r.i.p to mako
for aang, i guess same as sokka, not that touching, but it was nice how he helped all the animals and that guy with the zoo. his earthbending really came a long way, and im sure he did toph proud with the earth zoo =p
sokka's tale was more comic relief, not as touching as all the others, but i think that haiku battle was like a modern day rap battle, haha
i really liked zuko's. like toph, we got to see another side of zuko. the part where iroh asks,
"how was your night prince zuko?"
-slam door-
-open door partly-
"it was nice"
that was really sweet! glad we see zuko like that, how we see his soft side, like a normal teen. and when he light up the fountain at the risk of ppl finding out about his fire-bending to cheer jin up, that was so sweet of him
momo's tale was also really nice. glad to see the focus on momo for a while, and that last scene, where momo sleeps in appa's footprint was touching.

oh, and is it me, or do you notice how this episode came after "city of walls and secrets?" it seemed...very dark. and we see ba sing se in a really bad light, but now we see it in a much nicer way. i think its a nice way of keeping balance, not all doom and gloom, so this episode was awesome!  :]

Shi Len
Banned Clone Account
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I like rocks.

« Reply #467 on: Dec 06, 2010 05:47 am »

Toph/Katara's Tale:8/10 - Great development for Toph and an exellent way to show katara's best qualities. Aang's Tale:5/10 - Other than aang making the zoo and a cabbage merchant appearance this was pretty forgettable, i was a bit disappointed. Iroh's Tale:10/10 - Exellent all around the board, i felt so sad for iroh and his loss. Sokka's Tale:4/10 - Yawn, you would think they would do something intresting with sokka, this was boring. Zuko's Tale: 8/10 - This tale was pretty good, we get to see zuko adjusting to life in ba sing se. Other than Iroh it seems good social skills don't run in the family. It's was funny to see zuko on a date. Momo's Tale:10/10 - Perfect. I find it sad that momo got better development than aang or sokka.

Keeper of: Rebuilt Southern and Northern Water Tribes, The Earth Rumble VII, and Hama\\\'s Prison Cage.
Boosflash
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ozai's Keeper

« Reply #468 on: Dec 13, 2010 08:50 pm »

This episode was full of subliminal messages, one of them being, don't take your kids to zoo's, because zoo's are bad

Keeper of Ozai's Ozainess,
Keeper of The Monkey
Keeper of "Doctor please, I don't think that arm goes in there."
I hope I stole your post.
Shi Len
Banned Clone Account
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I like rocks.

« Reply #469 on: Dec 14, 2010 11:31 am »

^ I don't really think that was a subliminal.

Boosflash
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ozai's Keeper

« Reply #470 on: Dec 14, 2010 05:41 pm »

^ I don't really think that was a subliminal.

really? it wasn't straight forward i think there were alot of messages like that in this episode.

Keeper of The Monkey
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #471 on: Dec 14, 2010 06:17 pm »

^ You don't know what subliminal means, do you?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subliminal_stimuli

If it really was a subliminal message, you wouldn't be able to tell because you wouldn't have consciously noticed it.

Boosflash
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ozai's Keeper

« Reply #472 on: Dec 14, 2010 08:56 pm »

thats because it affected me unsubliminally-you over technical critic. no offense. Grin

Keeper of The Monkey
Shi Len
Banned Clone Account
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I like rocks.

« Reply #473 on: Dec 18, 2010 10:42 pm »

Sokka's tale wasn't very good, you would think they would stray from the girls like sokka topic.

NextFireBend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King Spider-Man.

« Reply #474 on: Dec 20, 2010 09:35 am »

^But Sokka is pretty much a hilarious person. I don't care if Sokka's tale was useless, he is supposed to do that. In fact, I noticed that Sokka doesn't get as much character development in Book 2 as he did in Book 1 and 3. I mean he gets stuck in a hole, goes spazzy over a smackdown, does haikus, get drunk over cactus juice, draw Appa fail drawings...... He can do the equivalent of some of that stuff in Book 3, but at least his character develops more along the way. Don't get me wrong, Sokka DID get some character development in Book 2, but Sokka is mostly plain silly in Book 2.

I liked Iroh's tale the best. Sad, and funny.

Or he watches Glee idk.
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: