May 26, 2017 04:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 287 (49.5%)
9 - 109 (18.8%)
8 - 96 (16.6%)
7 - 55 (9.5%)
6 - 15 (2.6%)
5 - 7 (1.2%)
4 - 5 (0.9%)
3 - 3 (0.5%)
2 - 1 (0.2%)
1 - 2 (0.3%)
Total Voters: 561

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [215] The Tales of Ba Sing Se  (Read 54243 times)
Fire Starter
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

"No mercy for the weak."

« Reply #25 on: Sep 29, 2006 07:47 pm »

you can tell, especially during the earthsoccer game that they put in another VA for iroh, probably in an attmpt to blend the two together, so that it wouldn't come as such a shock next season.

the ironic thing is that many people probably didn't know who mako was

Keeper of the Dai Li gauntlets
macadamwest
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #26 on: Sep 29, 2006 07:48 pm »

OMG I almost cried with the Iroh one.

I usually DISPISE WITH A PASSION those "Tales of people" storylines but they really made it work.

Iroh wow. Mako just blew me away.

And the saddest part was with Momo. He missed his little friend Sad But it was so sweet that the cats took him to an APPA PRINT. I saw that and I started screaming-ITS AN APPA PRINT MOMO ITS AN APPA PRINT

Im such a nerd.

Zuko-i was laughing so hard. My dad came in and was like-wha? And I had to explain the ENTIRE AVATAR thing so he could understand why it was hilarious.

I love it.
And Katara she really is motherly, and Toph, well she's spunky. I love it.
MonCapitan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Mmm.. Redheads

« Reply #27 on: Sep 29, 2006 07:50 pm »

I liked the episode.  Sadly I missed the first tale and nearly all of the second one.

Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population
Nandireya
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The pouty Disillusioned Water Tribe Tot

« Reply #28 on: Sep 29, 2006 07:51 pm »

Hope us non-US residents get the screenshots soon Cheesy

The Road Less Travelled Duty
Keeps Zuko's Path to Redemption and "I'm Never Happy"
CannedBean
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #29 on: Sep 29, 2006 07:51 pm »

damn that Zuko is beautiful.... Kiss

yes...he...is...
iroh's part was LOVELY, it was so sad

katara and toph's was funny at the end...those evil girls...BUT GOOD CONQUERS ALL!

zuko...zuko, zuko, zuko (lol)
THAT WAS SO SWEET WUT HE DID!!!!!
did u see how proud of himself he was?
iroh: how was your night
*zuko slams the door behind him and iroh has disappointed face*
zuko: *creeps door open* ...it was nice...

i thought aang and momo were going to be REALLY close to finding appa, like one of them hears appa and then END EPISODE like they always do...

sokka's was okay...the best part was when he was battling (sp?) the teacher i guess and then when he had the extra syllable the girls looked at him like "wut tha heck?"

vix
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

vixdiesel@aol.com VixDieselJr
« Reply #30 on: Sep 29, 2006 07:52 pm »

What an absolutely amazing episode.

Katara and Toph's story was meh, so was Aang's though.

Sokka's was priceless...that was just classic Sokka I think.

Iroh's story was amazing.  Simply amazing, they did it pure justice.  Mako will be sorely missed.  I wish I had taped this ep but I'll have to wait for a dvd.  Simply amazing just for that scene.  This is not my art, but it's very fitting to the scene.  I had found this a few days ago as I only recently got a DA account: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/36802525/

Zuko's story was sweet as well.  Gave a tiny insight into him.

And Momo's story was very cool.  I feel they may find Appa soon, I hope.

Katamari On The Web

Fav Toons: Avatar, Futurama, South Park, Danny Phantom, Powerpuff Girls, Simpsons and others.
SnowAlc
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #31 on: Sep 29, 2006 07:54 pm »

I think Appa shows up in two eppis because that one is called Lake Laogai I think thats where hes been hidden underground in that jail.

/| ^.^  SnowAlc  ^.^ |\
High Elemental
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Searching for My True Steak

« Reply #32 on: Sep 29, 2006 08:00 pm »

It's just what I feared, filler, though I have to admit it's way better than Naruto filler. The only part I thought wasn't just fluffy filler was Iroh's story. That was sad for two reasons, for the actual ending, and the final card in Memory of Mako. I think because of that Iroh's story should have been last instead of Momo's; it would have more of an impact. I'm kind of angry that all we get is filler for a while but I think Iroh's story made it up for me. R.I.P. Mako, Iroh will never be the same without you.

Gamabunta
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The Frog boss

« Reply #33 on: Sep 29, 2006 08:01 pm »

I really liked this episode, it was lighthearted and fun.

Katara and Toph's tale-Very cute, the whole morning grooming regime was funny. Clean and proper Toph with makeup was as Katara said "pretty", she'll be a knockout when she's older.

Iroh's tale-Best one of the episode. The Lu Ten scene at the end was heartbreaking, and the tribute to Mako at the end was even more.

Sokka's tale-Poor old Sokka, always the comedic relief. This showed what we all know already, Sokka's a pimp. His' "rap" haiku at the end was alittle cheesy but the girls he was trying to impress thought the same thing, so it's fine.

Zuko-Another great one, it was touching to see Zuko actualy trying to open up to someone other than Iroh. This Jin girl needs to show up again.

Momo-My second favorite one aside from Iroh's. Momo's dream with Appa was adorable and it showed that they had a strong friendship. Momo's search for Appa actualy got me sad, especially the scene at the end when he/her (Does it ever say Momo's gender?) lays in Appa's footprint was a great ending and foreshadowing.

As a filler this was great. It did what it needed to, give us more insight on the main characters.
iroh_kicks_your_ass
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #34 on: Sep 29, 2006 08:02 pm »

Hm.  It wasn't completely awful, but it doesn't even hold a candle to other episodes.  Unfortunately, I missed Iroh's tale, so maybe that's why it seems so mediocre.

Keeper of Sokka's Appa drawings.
Hylian03
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

"Sim, Sim, Salabim!"

« Reply #35 on: Sep 29, 2006 08:03 pm »

I really enjoyed this episode.  I loved how they showed everyone get ready in the morning.  Aang shaving his head, Sokka shaving his face, Katara fixing her hair loopies, and Toph still sleeping.^_^

I think my favorite Tale would have to be Irohs.  We finally get to see what Lu Ten looks like.  I'm sure all the fanartist will have a field day drawing him now.^_^

Welp, there it is.  Can't wait for next weeks episode.  Too bad there was no preview. Sad

toodles

~Michelle

"Reality Continues to Ruin my Life." Calvin ~ Calvin and Hobbes
TimKai
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I get to hear their delightful screaming again...

« Reply #36 on: Sep 29, 2006 08:05 pm »

It's just what I feared, filler, though I have to admit it's way better than Naruto filler. The only part I thought wasn't just fluffy filler was Iroh's story. That was sad for two reasons, for the actual ending, and the final card in Memory of Mako. I think because of that Iroh's story should have been last instead of Momo's; it would have more of an impact. I'm kind of angry that all we get is filler for a while but I think Iroh's story made it up for me. R.I.P. Mako, Iroh will never be the same without you.

I agree with you that Iroh's story should have been last, but I think they were going as chronologically as possible, so Iroh's story came second.

~Do what thou wilt shall the the whole of the law~
*Aleister Crowley*
jakniclesin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

LIES!!!

jakniclesin@yahoo.com
« Reply #37 on: Sep 29, 2006 08:08 pm »

Mako's segment was really sad. Very well done, my second fave next to Zuko's Story, but so sad.

Keeper of Toph's Manners.
Skye
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I have an Avatar obsession ;P

« Reply #38 on: Sep 29, 2006 08:10 pm »

Is there going to be another episode next week?

Icon by tentacruel @ Livejournal
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #39 on: Sep 29, 2006 08:12 pm »

I liked it, but I think they needed something "lighter" after the last episode...I am glad they chose to go in this direction.

The very begining was cute. I have been dying to see Aang shave that head of his! Awww, and Sokka has a little facial hair!!! I am glad I don't have to wake up Toph in the morning! Now we know just how much hair that girl has!

The Katara and Toph story was perfect for me...until the very end. I loved Toph's comment about how she never had to worry about how she looks...how she doesn't needs anyone approval. That was so awesome...
Then Katara told her she was pretty...and that cheered her up. I don't know how I feel about that.

...And why did they have to name that character Star? Couldn't they have called her something else?

Iroh's story was so touching. I am watching it now...and it still makes me cry. I can't wait until the screen shots come back from that story....The scene with Iroh and the mugger really confused me...it just wasn't his voice...just for that moment.

Aangs story was hilarious. I just can't get enough of that cabbage merchant! The ultra sonic bison whistle call was a bit much for me...but my kids loved that part! I loved how he made that zoo for all of them. Pretty snazzy earthbending!

Sokka's tale was one of my favorites. I used to frequent poetry slams, so I found this story very amusing. Was it just me, or was Sokka "rapping"? Funny...

Zuko...poor Zuko. He's so awkward. I couldn't believe he actually told her he could juggle! How about that smooth line, "You have quite an appetite for a girl." Jin must really like him to stick around after that line. When Zuko lit all those candles I wanted to shake him! What are you doing?!...but it was so sweet nonetheless...Zuko did something selfless and charming. Awww. The icing on the cake was the coupon. I laughed so hard my neighbors must have heard me. Ohhh and I am sure that every fangirl was squeeling during that kiss Wink Oh..but at the end when he said his night was "nice"...I could hear Mako singing "the girl from Ba Sing Se in my head....sweet.

Momo's story made me sad even though it was supposed to be silly...Oh and what a perfect way to end the episode. I jumped up and down when those pumas carried Appas fur to the footprint!!!

Appa come home!!!

thefourhumors
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #40 on: Sep 29, 2006 08:13 pm »

The Katara/Toph tale and Aangs tale was a a huge waste of time . Sokka's tale was o.k. but it was not up to the standard of comedy that Sokka usually delivers and in my opinion rap has no place on avatar. Irohs story was so sad and it was good to see a tribute from nick to Mako. Now we have a good idea of what Lu ten looked like too, but you really heard the difference in Iroh's voice during the soccer game.  Zuko's tale/date was very good but I think he is going to regret firebending. It seems like he and Jin made a connection so lets hope she stays around for a while. I thought Momo's tail would be another repeat of the fire govenors baby but it had alot of emotion for Momo. I think Momo will thead the Gaang to Appa when he finds appa that is.

Keeper of the murderous tides
Keeper of Pakku's mastery of waterbending
Keeper of Piandao's forge and smithing shop
Keeper of Sokka's sword smithing skills

A proud supporter of non-genetic bending and LoIrohLi
DAMN THE SPOILER WARNINGS, FULL SPEED AHEAD!!!!
ignite444
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A Kataang shipper to the end!

« Reply #41 on: Sep 29, 2006 08:16 pm »

That was one of the best episode, IMO, of season 2. It had it all, romance, drama, emotion, action, you name it! I always thought Momo missed Appa, Appa is Momo's buddy!

I thought all of the tales were great, but that's just me. I haven't laughed or nearly cried this much from an episode in a long time.
« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2006 08:23 pm by ignite444 » Logged

Banner made by me, do not steal! If you want to use it, ask me first.

Join my site! Avatar Dream (New custom skin up!)
MonCapitan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Mmm.. Redheads

« Reply #42 on: Sep 29, 2006 08:22 pm »

The episode wasn't entirely filler.  We got a clue of Appa's whereabouts with that pawprint.

Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population
ignite444
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A Kataang shipper to the end!

« Reply #43 on: Sep 29, 2006 08:26 pm »

you can tell, especially during the earthsoccer game that they put in another VA for iroh, probably in an attmpt to blend the two together, so that it wouldn't come as such a shock next season.

I actually did notice the voice change in that part. I keep wondering if Mako died before finishing this episode.

Banner made by me, do not steal! If you want to use it, ask me first.

Join my site! Avatar Dream (New custom skin up!)
jakniclesin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

LIES!!!

jakniclesin@yahoo.com
« Reply #44 on: Sep 29, 2006 08:26 pm »

Sokka's tale was one of my favorites. I used to frequent poetry slams, so I found this story very amusing. Was it just me, or was Sokka "rapping"? Funny...
Not just you, the background music took on a hip-hop beat for a few seconds there. He was about to flow Haiku style!

Keeper of Toph's Manners.
KeiyaJade
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Keeper of Toph's crush on Sokka

blacknbloofaerie
« Reply #45 on: Sep 29, 2006 08:29 pm »

I actually did notice the voice change in that part. I keep wondering if Mako died before finishing this episode.

i noticed this too.  didn't they say mako finished season 2?  this was probbly one of those scenes they had to redo after he was gone

A moment of silence for Siri Tachi and Mara Jade...
Fallen Jedi, never forgotten.
Ashes
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

redstar312@hotmail.com pnksqrrl318 pnksqrrl315
« Reply #46 on: Sep 29, 2006 08:29 pm »

awesome episode.. the tales were great.. i'm torn between Iroh's (Mako Tribute) or Zuko's date....

Iroh's-Mako's tribute made me tear, it was soo sad :'(.. but i'm happy to see the tribute from nickelodeon
Zuko's date- was pretty cute, jin seem kinda annoying at times, but she is ok.. the kiss, i got to say i was jealous.

H2ObenderT
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avatar made by me, Sig. by Breanna of the Water

« Reply #47 on: Sep 29, 2006 08:30 pm »

What a great episode. I liked all the parts except Katara/Toph. A moment of silence for Mako  :'(

Keeper of La, Katara's Healing powers, and Wan Shi Tong's Library.
Firelord Sunny
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yip yip!

ladymecha
« Reply #48 on: Sep 29, 2006 08:31 pm »

i noticed this too.  didn't they say mako finished season 2?  this was probbly one of those scenes they had to redo after he was gone

most likly thats what happened, its either that or next episode the new guy will replace him as we seem to have another two week wait for new episodes again (doesnt look like new episodes for next week though I could be wrong.)

Space, the final frontier...
These are the voyages of the flying bison Appa.
His ongoing mission, to explore strange new worlds,
To help Aang seek out new bending masters and escape the firenation.
To boldy go where no flying bison has gone before...

Keeper of Davros' frozen head
thunder_713
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Fire Nation Traitor...

evilbabyrulesall@msn.com thndr713
« Reply #49 on: Sep 29, 2006 08:46 pm »

I thought Sokka's part was a little...well, stupid, really, but I LOVED Zuko's part, and, of course, the end of Iroh's section.

I really, really hope Jin becomes a regular. Or at least semi-regular. The writers just CAN'T leave us at that ending for them.

^Zuko fan? Check out Lava Love God

Keeper of Sokka's necklace and Zuko's ship.

(LLG banner thanks to omgasp). Icon by magicker_icons.
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: