Apr 26, 2017 07:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 287 (49.5%)
9 - 109 (18.8%)
8 - 96 (16.6%)
7 - 55 (9.5%)
6 - 15 (2.6%)
5 - 7 (1.2%)
4 - 5 (0.9%)
3 - 3 (0.5%)
2 - 1 (0.2%)
1 - 2 (0.3%)
Total Voters: 561

Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [215] The Tales of Ba Sing Se  (Read 53948 times)
Acastus
Expert Advisor
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Victim of the gelatinous cube.

« on: Sep 29, 2006 06:59 pm »

Short description: A series of short stories, highlighting different characters and their individual adventures in the city. Tales of Katara and Toph, Uncle, Sokka, Aang, Zuko, and Momo.

Discuss!
« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2006 07:10 pm by Acastus » Logged
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1 on: Sep 29, 2006 07:08 pm »

Wow, Iroh's voice....It sounded so different at times...
OMG...I can't stop crying!!!!! That scene was so touching
« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2006 07:11 pm by Avatar_Mom » Logged

ibec
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Sep 29, 2006 07:10 pm »

R.I.P Mako! :'(

...and yes Toph really is pretty...

someone mentioned Aang shaving as a background activity...man you got your wish..hehehe
Edit: I found it!....it was you Karalora...hahaha...you mentioned it...great call! Cheesy

Ahhhhh!!!...let's change Jing's name for mine!!!!!....she is so going to be hated by many people....damn that Zuko is beautiful.... Kiss imagine he really develops something with this girl and Azula comes and hurts her...men...Zuko then will surely kill Azula that time...

great earthbending from our beautiful & lovable Avatar Aang...

We ALL miss you Appa! :'( don't worry...we'll be together again soon.

« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2006 08:00 pm by ibec » Logged

Keeper of Zuko entire Wardrobe, Aang flute, FN War Balloon, Zuko Laughter Cheesy
KeiyaJade
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Keeper of Toph's crush on Sokka

blacknbloofaerie
« Reply #3 on: Sep 29, 2006 07:10 pm »

i am so glad they did that

A moment of silence for Siri Tachi and Mara Jade...
Fallen Jedi, never forgotten.
SnowAlc
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #4 on: Sep 29, 2006 07:11 pm »

Good Nick gave Iroh a memorium before they went to a commercial Smiley Iroh he's like a cartoon visual of Mako weird...and yet so sad.
That tree looks like the one in Bitter work in that memory or dream Iroh has.......

/| ^.^  SnowAlc  ^.^ |\
FirelordRyu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5 on: Sep 29, 2006 07:12 pm »

I think that it was Mako's sickness perhaps getting through at times  :'(  But yes, it was a powerful story of Iroh's inate goodness and quality.

It really made me sad.

paulyester
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

paulyester42
« Reply #6 on: Sep 29, 2006 07:13 pm »

poor Aang... HEY!  a platpusbear! W00T!
Grays
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Sep 29, 2006 07:19 pm »

POETRY BATTLE!!

HOOOOOOOOOOO!
KeiyaJade
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

blacknbloofaerie
« Reply #8 on: Sep 29, 2006 07:20 pm »

i loved watching them all get ready for the day while toph is still sleeping.

sokka's tale was a little weird.  and where is joo dee?  shouldn't she be watching them?

Kaption
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #9 on: Sep 29, 2006 07:30 pm »

On Toph and Katara:

That was...cute.

On Iroh:

Rest in peace, Mako. That was beautiful, man, perfect. I know I'm not the only one who felt like crying - everyone I talked to felt it, too. I can't get over how amazingly fitting that was. I really liked that song, does anyone have the lyrics?

On Aang:

Haha, neat. Earthbending = sweet. So, who's up to the task of naming all those animals. We've got "Rabiroo," and uh...yeah.

On Sokka, the poet:

The Haiku-Off was great, hilarious.

On Zuko:

Paranoid Zuko! That girl, Jin, is cute. She's really down-to-earth. Aww. Zuko got kissed. That whole firebending scene was pretty nice of Zuko. The "it was nice," that's going to get the fanbase roarin', but I don't care; I liked Jin, I want to see more of her. I really do. I hope we see more of her.

On Momo:

He misses Appa. We all do. I can't get over how smart this lemur is. Go, Momo.

In order of goodness:

Iroh's > Momo's > Zuko's > Toph and Katara's > Sokka's > Aang's.

« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2006 07:37 pm by Kaption » Logged
Grays
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #10 on: Sep 29, 2006 07:30 pm »

All's said and done:

I watched it knowing it was a filler episode from its description. That said, it was a nice one. If I hadn't known beforehand that it would be *pure* filler I'd be very unhappy. Tongue

Anyone else notice the sly grin the girl gave Zuko after he pulled a REALLY STUPID MOVE?
« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2006 07:33 pm by Grays » Logged
TimKai
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I get to hear their delightful screaming again...

« Reply #11 on: Sep 29, 2006 07:31 pm »

I was concerned about this episode for specific reasons.  I knew that it would be in the vignette style, which works for an hour long show, but is iffy for a 22 minute show.  And I was right, to a certain extent (in my mind).  The episode with Toph and Katara, while nice (and we can get into how Toph showed a little weakness at a later time), felt rushed.  Sokka's tale was actually JUST the right length; we got to see the sort of trouble that he gets himself into (poor sokka) on any given night off.  Did it bother anyone else that Sokka started working into, like, modern day street slang at the end?  Or at least the accent?

Aang. . . eh, his story was fluffy.  That's all right, but we're more concerned about appa right now than aang being stupid and moving around all the animals from a run down zoo at once.  It was funny, but I am personally looking for more aangst.  That's just me, though.

I realize that, in the vignette format, nothing could really be made out of it without making the entire story and the episodes leading up to it feel completely anticlimactic.  I know this, but I get the feeling that I get from the Bleach manga from this story arc (ie - "Dear God, Rukia's STILL a prisoner?  Everyone is STILL in the Soul Society?  This has been going on for 5 volumes!  HOW MUCH LONGER?!) (answer to question, 8/28/07:  It goes through volume 20).
Still, what are we supposed to do, right?

Zuko . . . Poor Zuko (lucky zuko).

Momo - all I can say about momo's story is that . . . Mappa seems slightly more realistic now.   Undecided

Iroh.  I watched Iroh's story, and I was holding on until the "Dedicated to Mako" flashed on the screen, where I completely broke down.  I finished half of my "Arrogant Bastard" beer in one long pull and sobbed like a baby.

After the Iroh sketch, I made sure that I had started the tape recording at the beginning.  And then promptly swore loudly, as I had NOT started the tape recording the episode.  ::sigh::  I wanted to watch the Iroh sketch over and over and cry the rest of the night.   Roll Eyes

And I wouldn't have minded re-playing the scene at the fountain several times.  Poor Zuko.  All those years of being driven by your honor left you missing out on many human interactions.

OH well.  It wasn't the best episode, but it got a 9 out of me for Iroh's sketch.
« Last Edit: Aug 28, 2007 10:20 am by TimKai » Logged

~Do what thou wilt shall the the whole of the law~
*Aleister Crowley*
FirelordRyu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #12 on: Sep 29, 2006 07:31 pm »

OMG

Zuko risking being captured to please Jin  Shocked  His return kiss, although fleeting!

Momo's story!!   Appa's alive and IN Ba Sing Se!

Great Episode!

MeatAndSarcasm
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Mei Ling :3

« Reply #13 on: Sep 29, 2006 07:31 pm »

All the tales were amazing, zuko's was the best, I hope everything works out with jin.

My first girlfriend turned into the moon. Owner of Katara\'s Water-brella
KeiyaJade
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

blacknbloofaerie
« Reply #14 on: Sep 29, 2006 07:32 pm »

aww, momo misses appa.  and that was appa's footprint he was lying in at the end, right?
so that was an interesting side of zuko.
all in all a very good filler episode

Majin_Koenma
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Proud Aang hater, Introvert and Nonshipper

« Reply #15 on: Sep 29, 2006 07:32 pm »

It was OK (iroh visiting his son's grave had to be the most emotional scene in the entire series) but after las week's great episode this one was a dissapointment. A pointless filler episode that does nothing to move the plot along.

President of Ba Sing Se/Tessigua master
Keeper of ...
-The Yu Yan Archer's arrows
-Sozin/Roku's crown/The Light Chakra/Master Piandao's sword
ASN's #1 Aang anti-fan
Fuzzy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

fuzzytoesocks@hotmail.com emilythepissed
« Reply #16 on: Sep 29, 2006 07:32 pm »

Man, I missed the Toph and Katara part. Dx I've seen evertyhing else, though.

So THAT's how Aang keeps bald! Cool,cool.

On Aang;

Aang's earthbending was amazing. <3 So fun to watch.

On Sokka;

Sokka's little rap/haiku battle was funny. <3 I liked the little boomerang thing at the beginning, for some odd reason.

(this is being typed while I watch the episode from now on)

On Zuko;

So far, Zuko's date has been cool...aww, they're holding hands...and about to kiss...and he just gave her a coupon. What the heck, Zuko. Smart move. BUT WAIT they kissed. Complicated? What's complicated?

Go and break another heart, Zuko. -sighs- I wonder what's gonna happen next...?

On Momo;

The tale of Momo? o_o

Aww, Momo was dreaming about Appa...Moppa lives! Oh, and we can't forget the return of Sokka's bag.

What are those, Panther-somethings?

Momo, the dancing lemur! Niice.

He was captured....this can't be good...oh crud, I see a knife. This really can't be good.

Oh but of course, Momo has a thumb. And apparently a heart, too, letting out those panthers...and now they're friends.

Aww, that was a sad ending for Momo.

~

Eh, overall, I'll give this episode a 6.5. Enjoyable, but completely filler....Zuko's date is what made it for me. Although, where WAS Joo Dee?
« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2006 07:40 pm by Fuzzy » Logged

paulyester
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

paulyester42
« Reply #17 on: Sep 29, 2006 07:33 pm »

Ya i thought they were to be kept an i eye at all time. also, i felt sad during tale of momo. thats so cute he has appas fur wrapped around him.
Fire Starter
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

"No mercy for the weak."

« Reply #18 on: Sep 29, 2006 07:33 pm »

zuko's and iroh's were definitely the best
couldn't really stand sokka's..but it was weird because i had to write haikous in english today..O_o
aang's was,strange..nice animals..but still no vulture lions?

katara's and toph's were short and nice, a good intro.

whew, finally firebending by both iroh and zuko,,iroh's story was sad..lol zuko with parted hair reminded me of adolf hitler..

and momo was sitting in appa's footprint right..? just making sure.

Keeper of the Dai Li gauntlets
Skye
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I have an Avatar obsession ;P

« Reply #19 on: Sep 29, 2006 07:34 pm »

Momo was so incredibly cute in this episode and his story was so sad Sad Especially at the end when it started to rain.

Icon by tentacruel @ Livejournal
Firelord Sunny
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yip yip!

ladymecha
« Reply #20 on: Sep 29, 2006 07:34 pm »

I thought it was nice what they did for Mako, but yeh you can tell his voice was different in some scenes.
This episode was fairly good though not the best.
But the dedication to mako makes my personal rating come up.

Space, the final frontier...
These are the voyages of the flying bison Appa.
His ongoing mission, to explore strange new worlds,
To help Aang seek out new bending masters and escape the firenation.
To boldy go where no flying bison has gone before...

Keeper of Davros' frozen head
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

~Avatar Rules~

orlandolover3434
« Reply #21 on: Sep 29, 2006 07:35 pm »

That episode = love! Everyone's story might have been short, but they worked it out perfectly.  Uncle Iroh's story made me sad, rest in peace Mako. I'm glad Nick did that. 

Also Zuko and Sokka. Do I really need to say anything else? Cheesy

Banner made by Quadgurl.
Majin_Koenma
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Proud Aang hater, Introvert and Nonshipper

« Reply #22 on: Sep 29, 2006 07:37 pm »

Man, I missed the Toph and Katara part. Dx I've seen evertyhing else, though.

So THAT's how Aang keeps bald! Cool,cool.

~

Sokka's little rap/haiku battle was funny. <3 I liked the little boomerang thing at the beginning, for some odd reason.

(this is being typed while I watch the episode from now on)

~

So far, Zuko's date has been cool...aww, they're holding hands...and about to kiss...and he just gave him a coupon. What the heck, Zuko. Smart move. BUT WAIT they kissed. Complicated? What's complicated?

Go and break another heart, Zuko. -sighs- I wonder what's gonna happen next...?

~

The tale of Momo? o_o

Aww, Momo was dreaming about Appa...Moppa lives! Oh, and we can't forget the return of Sokka's bag.

What are those, Panther-somethings?

Momom the dancing lemur! Niice.

Aww, he was captured....this can't be good...oh crud, I see a knife. This really can't be good.

Oh but of course, Momo has a thumb. And apparently a heart, too, letting out those panthers...aww, and now they're friends.

Aww, that was a sad ending for Momo.

~

Eh, overall, I'll give this episode a 6.5. Enjoyable, but completely filler....Zuko's date is what made it for me.

It could just be be but I've never found Avatar's humor perticularly funny, especially where Sokka is concerned. And the date, well, Zuko just did'nt quite seem himself to me there for some reason. Iroh's story is, in my humble opinion, the only thing that makes this episode worth watching.

President of Ba Sing Se/Tessigua master
Keeper of ...
-The Yu Yan Archer's arrows
-Sozin/Roku's crown/The Light Chakra/Master Piandao's sword
ASN's #1 Aang anti-fan
Fiy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

That's something we have in common

« Reply #23 on: Sep 29, 2006 07:42 pm »

This was a good Filler episode. I REALLY enjoyed it. Zuko's part was my favorite though. And Iroh's. Sokka's...AWW, what the heck! All of it was great. I'm so glad I recorded it! Grin
MysticTiger
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #24 on: Sep 29, 2006 07:42 pm »

This episode was cute. A filler, but a NICE filler.

Toph and Katara's mini plot was cute. It shows that Toph really isn't all that strong and Katara's looking out for her, despite their differences. Sokka's was funny, but it seemed to me like they just wanted to throw in some random plotline for him. But, for Sokka it works. He's random. Aang on the other hand, was totally random. I liked all the animals, though. Especally the Tigerdillos and Sealduck. =D So cute~! As for Zuko.. haha.. I can see the Zuko fangirls attacking the new girl. XD I doubt this relationship with go any further then this, though. I mean, she'd probably just a filler character to show some character development on Zuko's part. But, we'll see.. Momo and Iroh's were the saddest, though. Poor Momo looking for his buddy and Iroh missing his son. So sad! Since it said "in memory of Mako", does this mean this was his last episode recorded? I wonder if the Avatar fans out there who didn't know the name of the voice actor were kinda like, "What the heck does that mean?" OHH.. So sad..

All in all, this episode was cute. I liked it.
« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2006 07:43 pm by MysticTiger » Logged

Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: