Nov 21, 2019 04:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Novel] "Sozin's Comet" Book discussion thread  (Read 441505 times)
Kalandri
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: May 09, 2008 08:20 pm »

Thread title edited for moving the thread to the World of Avatar board. ~SMBH

FINALE SPOILERS
You have been warned.
Seriously, I'm NOT kidding, these are FINALE SPOILERS from Nandireya:

Aang is not happy about having to kill the Fire Lord even though everyone is stressing how much Ozai needs to die.  Upset about having to take a life, Aang seeks out the other Avatars for their advice.

Zuko reveals that in the meeting that forced his decision to betray the Fire Nation, Ozai announced his plans for his military to go on a Sozin Comet induced rampage and basically burn what's left of the other nations to the ground.

Aang defeats Ozai, but lets him live...he is removed from power.  With his uncle's encouragement, Zuko takes the throne and is instrumental in healing the world.  Iroh retires and opens a tea shop.

The White Lotus Society makes an appearance, Master Pakku is revealed as a member.  They liberate Ba Sing Se and the Earth Kingdom.

Azula does go crazy and starts banishing people.  She has major issues with Ursa and is hurt that she never cared for her the way she loved Zuko.  She has an Agni Kai with Zuko, the result of which my source didn't elaborate, but seeing as Zuko becomes Fire Lord I don't think it goes well for her.  But then, the source also states that Katara takes her down, so who knows?

Sokka, Suki and Toph have a separate mission involving an airship in which Sokka loses both his sword and his boomerang.  NOOOO!!!!!

Ty Lee joins the Kyoshi Warriors.

Little is made of the romance...but as one is totally obvious and I said that I'm saddened by the spoilers I think you can figure out how they work out...

I have no more information so I can't answer any questions...

EDIT -- We have confirmation that Kataang and Maiko are CANON and ENDGAME.

EDIT -- We have learned that Aang gets the Avatar State back but he DOES NOT use it to defeat Ozai.

EDIT -- We have MORE DETAILS:

Summary:

(THESE ARE MORE SPOILERY THAN THE PREVIOUS)

Here are just some random things. I'll write up more when I have time to do more than skim. ---

1) Zuko finally gets included in a Gaang hug.

2) Iroh is head of the OWL.

3) Sokka loses the sword and boomerang to save Toph.

4) Ursa comes back. (To see Azula's coronation)

5) The Aang meditation scene happens during the beginning of the finale, not EIP.

6) Avatars Roku, Kuruk, Kyoshi, and Yangchen all make an appearance.

7) ......In the book it's "Phoenix King" not "Phoenix Lord". I SMELL ME A MYSTERY.

8 ) Zuko apologizes to Iroh and they hug. (There's a picture)

9) Spiritbending is le fact. Aang drains Ozai (and there's a picture of him looking like a zombie while doing so)

10) During the Sibling Fight, Zuko gets zapped by Azula and Katara heals him.

Shipping Bonus: Zuko and Mai are official. The book ends with Katara kissing Aang. (Picture too) Sokka ships are semi-ambiguous but Sukka is implied.

EDIT -- INTERVIEW + Two scans depicting Iroh/Zuko hug and Kataang kiss!

INTERVIEW WITH MIKE AND BRYAN!

HERE IS THE TRANSCRIPTION OF THE INTERVIEW:

http://kyatto.livejournal.com/284921.html

(please try to keep questions involving it on the LJ comments page thing, so we don't overly clutter the forum XD I only have one set of eyes and two hands (and a Windows ME *whistle*) )

Someone else's version:

To add to what Kyatto posted, here's more spoilers someone else posted on another site. (it's basically the same thing she said, but with a few more things and minus the scans)

Zuko had a hard time getting aang ready to "kill Ozai"

"aang disappears" and that is why the Gaang look for june, but she can't find aang, but than they get her to lead them to Iroh

he is in BSS, and pakku and others end up being white lotus order

Iroh is the "great lotus"

he convinces Zuko to go fight Azula for lordship, and katara goes with him

Azula is made firelord, and ozai forces her to stay at FN, and he goes to BSS to "destroy it"

azula gets paranoid, thinks everyone wants to kill her, sees mom at mirror(interesting study we can discuss after the finale about what it means psychologically)

Aang ends being in a super huge "tiger-turtle animal" that Bryke says is the "avatar world" different from spirit world and normal world

he talks to different avatars, trying to find way "not to kill ozai"

they convince him(along with the animal) that he must do what he must do, and gets taken to BSS, and wait for ozai

sokka-suki-toph get the task of trying to stop airships from bombing BSS, to put it short, they see aang is ready to fight ozai, so they concentrate on others and find a way to do it, but sokka loses his boomerang and sword

Zuko was beating azula, but than she attacks by surprise katara, and zuko has to protect her, and azula hits zuko, than katara finds a way to beat azula(no bloodbending) and take her captive

Aang Almost kills ozai when he goes avatar state, but he stops himself, than takes complete control and instead takes firebending away from ozai "energy bending"

mai with zuko, we assume suki-sokka, ty lee becomes kyoshi warrior, zuko firelord, mai now smiles and looks pretty(aang's thoughts), iroh re-opens tea shop in BSS

katara and aang kiss by katara's initiative

in interview bryke says toph was supposed to be guy, but got convinced to change to toph we know, zutara was not in their thoughts at all, kataang was their choice from start, they didn't go into their future, only a few months later, so in reality we don't know if aang marries kat or not

they say aang is really last airbender(i don't like that)

they said kataang kids (if they decide that)can be airbenders, waterbenders or nonbenders, not able to do 2 or more elements

no answers about ursa according to book

One word:
EPIC!

And more awesomesauce from Kyatto:

http://kyatto.livejournal.com/285014.html#cutid1

EDIT -- EVEN MOAR DETAILS  Roll Eyes (this one's funny; I recommend!)

Hey everyone, there's a link to a more detailed synopsis of the book.

http://marianlibrarian.livejournal.com/601620.html

EDIT -- Some paraphrased excepts?

sorry if this has been posted before, but i found this on another site. its pretty much just a more detailed scene of the kazuko vs. crazula fight for anyone's who's interested.

Azula and Zuko are agni kai-ing and Katara notices that Azula has gone crazy. Azula won't stop laughing while she is fighting, and I imagine this scene will be epic. "HAHAHA I'm THE FIRELORD!!!"

Zuko pauses the fight to taunt his sister, "No lightning today?" and Azula cackles, "I'll show you lightning!" by throwing it at Katara! Zuko jumps in front of the bolt and is injured, so Katara tries to heal him, but Azula stops her. Katara kicks Azula's butt then heals Zuko.

"Thank you, Katara."
"I think I'm the one who should be thanking you, Zuko."

ALSOOOOOOOOO
This is a summarized passage from dianalw in Iroh's chapter:

[Zuko] "I can handle Azula."
[Iroh] "Not alone."
[Zuko] "Katara, would you like to help me put Azula in her place?"
[Iroh] Thankfully, he is not so stubborn anymore.
[Katara] "Zuko, it would be my pleasure!" she said.
[Iroh] Her father must be proud to have such a strong daughter... Hmm... I wonder if Katara and Zuko would make a good match? Ah, I suppose now is not the best time to ask.

EDIT -- Azula Banishments:

In case it hasn't been said before (maybe it has, dunno), this is the list of people Azula banished:

- Servant girl who left a pit in her bowl of cherries (thus begins the "SOMEONE'S TRYING TO KILL ME!" paranoia).
- Servants who are brushing her hair (because those combs *could* be weapons, after all, and they're all probably trying to kill her).
- Dai Li (because they took too long to come to her after she called).
- Li, or Lo, she's not sure which one (because they came to talk to her about all these banishments -- I think this is where the above image comes in).

Then after that is when she sees Ursa in the mirror.

Oh, and when the coronation ceremony begins, she's a bit disappointed that there isn't a bigger crowd there to watch, but then realizes that it's because she banished everyone else.

EDIT -- and a goodly number of picture scans:

*Thinks about looking through 168 pages to find links to pictures*

Uh... yeah... about that...

*Logs out*
I believe I have all of the images that have been posted, excluding edited versions. Since there appears to be demand, I uploaded them.

Scanned images (20 so far)

I'll remove them if mods/lawyers complain.

EDIT -- A VERY detailed summary:

http://forums.avatarspirit.net/index.php?topic=12845.msg990693#msg990693

Anyhow, DISCUSS!
« Last Edit: Oct 15, 2012 07:30 pm by NeeNee » Logged
Melee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

More fun than a stick!

WonderWillow
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008 08:22 pm »

The Sokka/Suki/Toph mission makes me wonder how that dynamic is going to play out... especially with the shippage.

Now I'm even more antsy. And cursing myself for not opting for 1 day shipping on my copy (silly UPS not delivering one weekends...).

*crosses little pathetically hopeful Tokka fan fingers*
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008 08:26 pm by Melee » Logged

PseudoEthnic
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008 08:23 pm »

Yeah, she gave the news earlier through PM, too. Tell you the truth, the only thing surprising in this spoiler is Pakku's a member of White Lotus, and Ozai lives! Shocked
Fishfood1
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ba~ka :)

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008 08:23 pm »

omg that was awesome....

i want even more detailed spoiler than that... Grin

for now... good enough!!!

must kill... TEEMO!!!!
RhoughRhinoAlternate
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The lack of Rhinos, Rough or otherwise, is noted.

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008 08:24 pm »

Well, I think Suki, Sokka and Toph going on a operate mission is pretty surprising.  What could it be about.

My fanfics:http://forums.avatarspirit.net/index.php?topic=14224.0
Keeper of Bomb guys' Outfit and bombs, the drill, and the double chain hammer
lildeath
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

tiny+draggie
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008 08:25 pm »

Little is made of the romance...but as one is totally obvious and I said that I'm saddened by the spoilers I think you can figure out how they work out...

As I don't know Nan and I am rather new what is the obvious pairing? Kataang?
NicoSchmiko
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008 08:25 pm »

Wow this is so much to take in...Ty lee joins the Kyoshi Warroirs? Ozai doesn't die? WOWWOWWOW I can't even talk...!!! Sokka lost his sword and boomarang NOOOOOOOO

Kalandri
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008 08:26 pm »

I wonder why Nan wasn't clear on that... doesn't she know that the shippings are like... the most important thing? Cheesy
PseudoEthnic
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2008 08:27 pm »

I wonder why Nan wasn't clear on that... doesn't she know that the shippings are like... the most important thing? Cheesy

Hogwash! Keep the shipping secret for now!
Ying_Yang
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yuappa FTW!

feige-not-fage@hotmail.com
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2008 08:27 pm »

ZOMG! Spoilers! Yay! Grin

So that sounds pretty cool but nobody dies....
That sort of disapoints me as much as I love the characters. Anywho Pakku is in the OWL? Didn't see that one. Otherwise this finale sounds like epicsauce......

Sig incoming.

Spirited Away and A:TLA FTW! I ship Yuappa, Kataang, BFF!Kazuko and Sukka. Awesome avatar by Maivry.
Harald
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2008 08:28 pm »

That meant that at least Maiko is confirmed endgame.
Archaes8
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Fluff

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2008 08:28 pm »

I think maybe because they left the shipping out of the book to save it for the show. SOmetimes it's best to save the most anticipated for last ^_^

iKp: Toph\\\'s caring for Zuko, Loopai, and Mai\\\'s happy face.
mindbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I don't know why either Zuko

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2008 08:28 pm »

One is obvious and other makes her sad.

Seriously...think about it.

"But whatever...people see what they want to see." - Bryan K.
neverXbroken
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2008 08:28 pm »

I read it and I'm happy. Though I'm disappointed for giving into my temptation. But that's alright since it wasn't very detailed.

Fishfood1
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2008 08:28 pm »

Hogwash! Keep the shipping secret for now!

oh be quiet Cheesy

spoil me on the shipping now! Grin

must kill... TEEMO!!!!
Kalandri
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2008 08:28 pm »

Well, I suspect we're gonna get something more detailed in no time; I guess someone should post it here when they can collect themselves enough to write out a full summary.
Kirara
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2008 08:29 pm »

None of this really excites me. Maybe I really wanted to know about the Iroh/Zuko interaction.

But ooh Ty Lee joining the Kyoshi Warriors that's pretty cool!

Lover of Tearoh <3
Keeper of Zuko and Aang's promise to rebuild the world together; Mai & Suki's Pai Sho game and Zuko & Iroh's teashop scene in 321!

soul reaper
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2008 08:29 pm »

well, I couldn't stop myself from reading this!! But it wasn't as spoilery as I thought it would be.
Yeah, she gave the news earlier through PM, too. Tell you the truth, the only thing surprising in this spoiler is Pakku's a member of White Lotus, and Ozai lives! Shocked
Yeah, those were the only things that surprised me too, especially that Ozai lives!!
I wonder what relationship is the one that upset her?!! Maiko, Zutara?
Anyways, I hope the finale is better than that! The review wasn't so detailed, maybe they didn't want to spoil it that much?

RhoughRhinoAlternate
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The lack of Rhinos, Rough or otherwise, is noted.

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2008 08:29 pm »

As I don't know Nan and I am rather new what is the obvious pairing? Kataang?
I think Kataang and Maiko are obvious pairings...

But...on Tokka vs Sukka, neither one is really more obvious than the other, so I guess we know nothing there.

My fanfics:http://forums.avatarspirit.net/index.php?topic=14224.0
Keeper of Bomb guys' Outfit and bombs, the drill, and the double chain hammer
Archaes8
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Fluff

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2008 08:31 pm »

So what happens shipping wise?

iKp: Toph\\\'s caring for Zuko, Loopai, and Mai\\\'s happy face.
Nandireya
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The pouty Disillusioned Water Tribe Tot

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2008 08:31 pm »

I can only share what was given to me...there were no details on the shipping...my source, who wishes to remain anonymous, says it was hardly mentioned...

The Road Less Travelled Duty
Keeps Zuko's Path to Redemption and "I'm Never Happy"
PseudoEthnic
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2008 08:31 pm »

So what happens shipping wise?

Kataang and Maiko obviously happens, but nothing about Sutokka.
Kalandri
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2008 08:32 pm »

I can only share what was given to me...there were no details on the shipping...my source, who wishes to remain anonymous, says it was hardly mentioned...

I called it.

Ambiguous shipping!

I was right!
Fishfood1
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2008 08:32 pm »

thus it left me crave for more...

for today... its enough

must kill... TEEMO!!!!
Fomorian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2008 08:33 pm »

Lol @ Ty Lee being a Kyoshi Warrior!
Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: