Nov 14, 2019 10:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate These Episodes:
10 - 368 (59.5%)
9 - 128 (20.7%)
8 - 82 (13.3%)
7 - 21 (3.4%)
6 - 6 (1%)
5 - 5 (0.8%)
4 - 2 (0.3%)
3 - 1 (0.2%)
2 - 1 (0.2%)
1 - 4 (0.6%)
Total Voters: 609

Pages: « previous page   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [314 & 315] The Boiling Rock Parts I & II  (Read 76463 times)
Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King of Heroes, Gilgamesh

« Reply #850 on: Aug 07, 2014 01:44 pm »

It did feel like that yeah. Was quite slow. And people were attacking in turns.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #851 on: Aug 07, 2014 03:36 pm »

Yeah, I got that feeling to. It was a little awkward...but then again everyone was probably trying to keep their balance on the gondola so they don't die.

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #852 on: Aug 07, 2014 06:10 pm »

Honestly, I think the basic choreography is fine, but everything was oddly slow. There were pauses that didn't do anything but slow the whole scene down, and if those pauses were meant to show hesitation or care due to the precarious setting, it wasn't communicated in any way.

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #853 on: Aug 07, 2014 07:03 pm »

Honestly, I think the basic choreography is fine, but everything was oddly slow.

Yeah, that's what I meant by awkward. Thanks for wording it better.

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #854 on: Sep 16, 2014 09:03 pm »

I saw the episode on tv today, part 1 was in Nostalgia Critic's 11 worst episode list, so it was on my mind. Can I just mention that one little part which was just a few second, but the part after Azula and Ty Lee jump from the escape gondola to another one, the look in Ty Lee's eyes I really appreciate that and thought it was brillant. It was show don't tell, and I appreciate that they give the audiance credit in their intelligence that they can be suttle and not have to bladently spell stuff out. The look in her eyes said so much about the dire situation, the type of person she is, all without dioloque. You don't see much of that in western animation.

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
ThaiOzai
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #855 on: Sep 16, 2014 10:13 pm »

Honestly, I think the basic choreography is fine, but everything was oddly slow. There were pauses that didn't do anything but slow the whole scene down, and if those pauses were meant to show hesitation or care due to the precarious setting, it wasn't communicated in any way.

I agree. There's one moment though that is particularly weird...the part where Azula is like, doing the plank for a few seconds? Zuko and Sokka just kind of watch her, and then she kicks at them. It's just...odd.

Mulan95
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #856 on: Sep 18, 2014 07:49 am »

I loved the interaction between Zuko and Sokka in These episodes:)

\\\"True wisdom begins when we accept things as they are.\\\" -Tenzin
Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #857 on: Dec 27, 2014 05:23 pm »

This was one of my favorite episodes from the original series. I never knew that Zuko and Sokka made such good friends. Their dynamic was really believable and fun to watch. However, one thing that stood out to me, even now, is how strange Moi animates the characters. They are not DR strange but moments such as when Hakoda and Sokka meet each other in the celll looked off animation wise.
Pages: « previous page   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: