Dec 11, 2019 04:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate These Episodes:
10 - 368 (59.5%)
9 - 128 (20.7%)
8 - 82 (13.3%)
7 - 21 (3.4%)
6 - 6 (1%)
5 - 5 (0.8%)
4 - 2 (0.3%)
3 - 1 (0.2%)
2 - 1 (0.2%)
1 - 4 (0.6%)
Total Voters: 609

Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [314 & 315] The Boiling Rock Parts I & II  (Read 76896 times)
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« on: May 06, 2008 03:50 pm »

Short description: ...

Note: This has been posted before the US broadcast since the episodes have been released on DVD. Please ONLY post if you've seen the episodes. Any posts such as "gee, I'm so jealous I can't see these episodes yet!" or placeholder posts will be removed without comment!

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
PseudoEthnic
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008 04:09 pm »

Finally this is up! Now on to discussion:

This was a great episode! Of course, it should have just been one episode instead of a two-part one. I don't know what could of been in that extra spot, but seeing so many plot points that need to be filled before the finale, anyhing could fit. Heck, I would of loved another Spirit World episode, most likely about Iroh's spirit journey. But the creators stated that it won't be mentioned anymore in the series, so I'm not complaining.

The new character in the gaang, to me, is probably one of the southern raiders who went to the SWT years ago. I won't say that he killed Nmokas, but he probably knows who did and will tell Katara.

Alright, I give this episode a 10/10, because it was awesome! The fight scenes were good, and the story was well done, and not too unrealistic.
schellibie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Welcome to Day 255,642 aboard the Axiom!

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008 04:13 pm »

^ I kind of agree that it could've been one episode, but on the other hand, a lot of stuff happened. They could've cut out the Chit Sang parts and just had: "Zukka break in, steal guard's clothes. Oh, look, Suki. Oh, look, Hakoda. Yay. Oh no, it's Azula. Mai and Zuko have a scene. They try to escape. Fight. Mai is awesome. Azula is mad. They return. The end."

schelloopy trivia: WE FIGHT CRIME.

Hey ASNers! Because of marching band and school, I have a lot less time to hang out online... but I do update my LJ with all of my fanwork and goings-on!

Find me on LJ, BB. Wink
airbendergirl
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008 04:19 pm »

wow, i must say, this was good, but not all i was expecting. I mean the part with soka and zuko and showing their good relationship develop was good, but i think ty-lee's betrayal was badly done. I was too quick and unrealistic.

But some interesting new characters too. I've noticed chit-sang has blue eyes so who knows? Maybe he's related to the water tribe in some way !!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008 04:21 pm by airbendergirl » Logged

Drink Tea
Read Newspaper
Complain about pointless things
Invade countries and claim them!
Support Conservatives
THIS IS BEING BRITISH!!!!
schellibie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008 04:21 pm »

wow, i must say, this was good, but not all i was expecting. I mean the part with soka and zuko was good, but i think ty-lee's betrayal was badly done.

Ty Lee's was a sudden betrayal, but it's been hinted at for a while.

Hey ASNers! Because of marching band and school, I have a lot less time to hang out online... but I do update my LJ with all of my fanwork and goings-on!

Find me on LJ, BB. Wink
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

R.I.P Hahn. Still too bad that no one cares...

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008 04:24 pm »

This episode rocked. Granted there was some awkward movements and unnecessary additions, but it was still awesome.

Ty Lee and Mai's betrayal was TOTALLY EPIC.

Also, was I the only one to notice that Katara's snark just totally disappeared?

Keeps: Hahn's final words (Admiral Choi, prepare to meet your fate!!)
           EIP!Azula's line: "Wait, what's that? I think it's your honor!"
airbendergirl
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008 04:25 pm »

@schellibie

True i suppose, but it's a pity it happand so quickly. It would have been better if there was more stuff happaning around/about it.

However i think mai's betrayal was awsome. "I guess i just love zuko more then i fear you"
I just loved it when she said that. Smiley though made me think, was she only friends with Azula cos she was scared of her?

Drink Tea
Read Newspaper
Complain about pointless things
Invade countries and claim them!
Support Conservatives
THIS IS BEING BRITISH!!!!
schellibie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008 04:26 pm »

This episode rocked. Granted there was some awkward movements and unnecessary additions, but it was still awesome.

Indeed! That was my favorite part of the episode, along with Hakoda's "WTF, the Prince?" look and the Zukka -awkward silence-

Find me on LJ, BB. Wink
Vendetta
On Probation
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008 04:32 pm »

True i suppose, but it's a pity it happand so quickly. It would have been better if there was more stuff happaning around/about it.

There was.  Azula about to kill Mai.  That's pretty big stuff.  Whilst they played it a bit goofy, given that this is Ty Lee we're talking about, it was clear that she was in a tense situation, and her decision to act didn't really come until Azula tried to strike.
gyrfalcon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008 04:33 pm »

Boiling rock music = AWESOMESAUCE. Seriously, the moment Zuko mentioned it and the music began, I got this little chill down my spine. It sounds mysterious an a little but tense at the same time. It was nice to hear other themes, too. Cheesy

Much of the intense scenes also had awesome music that literally had my heart beat faster: the music after Mai pwns the guards and looks at Zuko (I LOVE that part) and the whole sequence in the Mai/Azula showdown.

I was disappointed that the rest of the Gaang didn't really get any lines, though.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008 04:38 pm by gyrfalcon » Logged

sig by schellibie <3 AtLA <3 FMA <3
SpazticFIREBENDER
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

^aMAIzing

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008 04:34 pm »

loved mai in this episode she totally pwnd everything
the Zuko/sokka/azula/suki/ty lee fight was pretty cool too it reminded me of Final Fantasy VII Advent Children for some odd reason but the Mai VS Guards fight was my favorite It was soo epic (it reminded me of Advent Children too XD)

^Zuko and Kadaj have a lot in common XD
Avi by Fire_Princess/ sig by me
KyoshiRokuAang
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ROKUFANG™

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008 04:35 pm »

@schellibie

However i think mai's betrayal was awsome. "I guess i just love zuko more then i fear you"
I just loved it when she said that. Smiley though made me think, was she only friends with Azula cos she was scared of her?

I really liked Mai's betrayal as well!

& the entire episode was awesome!! 10/10. Grin

Also, was I the only one to notice that Katara's snark just totally disappeared?

Katara wasn't really friendly with Zuko through...   Was there any interaction between them?  [Apart from tea?]

I agree with everything else you said. Grin

<3 The episode.

The keeper of: Kyoshi Island, The Guru's Beard, Joo Dee's "Welcome to our wonderful city" & Azula's "Beach Bums"
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

R.I.P Hahn. Still too bad that no one cares...

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2008 04:40 pm »

Katara wasn't really friendly with Zuko through...   Was there any interaction between them?  [Apart from tea?]

Nope, the tea joke was the only thing. But it seemed she was being sarcastic in a friendly way, as opposed to last episode when she was really harsh. And they haven't made up yet, so... what happened to the attitude?

Keeps: Hahn's final words (Admiral Choi, prepare to meet your fate!!)
           EIP!Azula's line: "Wait, what's that? I think it's your honor!"
gyrfalcon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2008 04:40 pm »

^ I kind of agree that it could've been one episode, but on the other hand, a lot of stuff happened. They could've cut out the Chit Sang parts and just had: "Zukka break in, steal guard's clothes. Oh, look, Suki. Oh, look, Hakoda. Yay. Oh no, it's Azula. Mai and Zuko have a scene. They try to escape. Fight. Mai is awesome. Azula is mad. They return. The end."

I LOVE Chit Sang's voice. "Let's roll, baby" gets me every time. XDThey picked out a great VA for him... wonder who it is?

^ Maybe she's starting to be less skeptical/doubting of him?

I didn't get the second part of Zuko's tea joke. The "I'm bushed". What does that mean?

sig by schellibie <3 AtLA <3 FMA <3
KyoshiRokuAang
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ROKUFANG™

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2008 04:42 pm »

Nope, the tea joke was the only thing. But it seemed she was being sarcastic in a friendly way, as opposed to last episode when she was really harsh. And they haven't made up yet, so... what happened to the attitude?

They made up off camera? Tongue

Or maybe she sees it fit to trust him now, she trusted him to go alone with Aang to find Sun Wariors in FBM after all... I don't know. :|

The keeper of: Kyoshi Island, The Guru's Beard, Joo Dee's "Welcome to our wonderful city" & Azula's "Beach Bums"
Rekka No Ryo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2008 04:43 pm »

this is by far one of my favorite episodes of the Avatar series.  Zuzu is goofy and the directors commentary was insightful too in TWAT and DOTBS II..

Keeper of The Title of Phoenix King
Keeper of The Phoenix King Outfit (including helmet!)
Keeper of  The Title of Ninja Zuko
KeyLee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Motion sensing turbo canons!!!

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2008 04:48 pm »

Indeed! That was my favorite part of the episode, along with Hakoda's "WTF, the Prince?" look and the Zukka -awkward silence-

lol I agree. I LOVED all the Zukka bonding (the dialogue was priceless Grin )

I have so many favorite quotes too ("Yeah, fluffy", "I'm never happy" and the silver sandwich ones being my favorites)

There was a lot of stuff to cover, and if it was just a one-parter, it probably would have seemed rushed and the break out would have seemed to simple.

I actually got my DVD today, and I immediately watched WAT (commentary). Zuko certainly lived up to "Zuko's cool" in TBR Cheesy

The Maiko scenes: AMAZING. Mai looked ready to cry when Zuko locked her in the cell, and I was glad to hear at least a little of what Zuko wrote in her letter from DoBS.

My favorite part of the entire ep would definitely be the Mai & Ty Lee betrayl. Excellently written, and the acting was perfect for the scene. I know it's been hinted for a while, but WOW. I DID NOT see that coming (Ty Lee's betrayl anyways). I LOVED the look on Azula's face (and her *GASP*) as she fell. Must be weird for her, since she's watched Ty Lee pwn tons of other people, but it's definitely crazier when Ty Lee used that against HER.

I also loved the SukixZuko scene! It was nice seeing references to a season one episode, and Zuko's dialogue was hilarious Grin

I know many people didn't like TBR, but I actually loved it <3 <3 <3 10/10! Cheesy

Okay, my favorite NON-Zuko moment (and non-M/T-L betrayl):

"HEY! RIOT!" Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008 04:51 pm by KeyLee » Logged

iKeep~ Ember Island, Zuko's speech in DoBS, Zuko's judgement from the dragons, & Zuko's Firelord Coronation!
Avi by ShootingStar07! Sig by Brush Bender!
colin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2008 04:52 pm »

Oh SNAP!!! Azula betrayed!!!

Maiko 4-eva!!

Great episode!! Suki kicking butt was awesome!!

schellibie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2008 04:53 pm »

"HEY! RIOT!" Cheesy

I LOL'd at that scene too. xD

Oh, Avatar. never change!

Find me on LJ, BB. Wink
Tamerlan Pahlavi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Pride above all

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2008 05:08 pm »

Yeah, that scene cracked me up, totally. I love such harsh humor and Chit Sang is a guy I can sympathize with, he was pretty cool, plus he ain't no rat.

There is no refuge but in audacity. No salvation other than in strength.

"It is better to live one hundred years in wealth than seven days in poverty." - Bob Rock
possitiveattitude
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

avvie by Doomsday sig by Sorontar <3

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2008 05:12 pm »

WOw, this, IMO, has the most AMAZING animation. but, I really loved the music, the Boiling Rock Prison theme is so cool. oh and i loved the Warden's voice, tis scary

I <3 Kazuko and Platonic!Zukaang, Sukka and The Warden Brothers. I keep the Boiling Rock Theme Song
schellibie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2008 05:13 pm »

WOw, this, IMO, has the most AMAZING animation. but, I really loved the music, the Boiling Rock Prison theme is so cool. oh and i loved the Warden's voice, tis scary

I call the new theme the "Manly Man Trip Music" xD

Find me on LJ, BB. Wink
aangsgroupie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2008 05:30 pm »

I'll actually rate this a 10/10 when I see it face to face on my tv but I absolutely love this episode!  The music was by far the best...my favorite, The Boiling Rock theme...it was creepy and had a good beat. I'm just loving the nice and helpful Zuko...looking back he's definately come a long way. Zuko and Sokka duo was just so entertaining to watch and it would probably be the best interaction next to Aang-Zuko IMO. This was just a good episode for Zuko period...YAAY ZUKO!!!!

Other likes:

-finally Mai stands up to Azula...I knew that eye glance in Headband meant Mai was getting tired of Azula getting in the way of her man
-Zuko giving kudos to his uncle...please find him Zuko!
-dialouge b/w Sokka and Zuko(very funny)
-Hakoda is back w/ his good looks!
-Suki+Sokka's kiss
-Zuko and Chit Sang rumble(nice leg spin Zuko)
UberTaiChi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avi by Whitelotus, sig by ATL

FmySqirl
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2008 05:30 pm »

This is my favorite episode so far! I wasn't so surprised when Mai saved Zuko, but when Ty Lee saved Mai, my jaw hit the floor. I loved the Zuko/Sokka friendship, especially the silver sandwich line.

It surprised me when Suki started climbing up the building. What, is she Spider-Woman now?

Shipper of CANON
sig background by Mayekoi
Vendetta
On Probation
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2008 06:09 pm »

I LOVE Chit Sang's voice. "Let's roll, baby" gets me every time. XDThey picked out a great VA for him... wonder who it is?

Credits say Ezekial Rollins.  Who IMDB has never heard of, and nor has google.  So it's either a newcomer, or it might be a pseudonym.  (Or it's miscredited and it's actually Henry Rollins, who does some voice work sometimes, and frequently plays that kind of big guy character.)
Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: