Dec 06, 2019 01:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 66 (35.9%)
9 - 42 (22.8%)
8 - 47 (25.5%)
7 - 17 (9.2%)
6 - 6 (3.3%)
5 - 1 (0.5%)
4 - 0 (0%)
3 - 1 (0.5%)
2 - 1 (0.5%)
1 - 3 (1.6%)
Total Voters: 175

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [203] Return To Omashu  (Read 33193 times)
Zukos Sweetheart
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #50 on: Nov 02, 2006 07:20 pm »

Azula it looked liked forced Ty Lee to join by doing her 'little scene of enjoyment'

Zutara Fan It is Yummy
Keeper of Zuko's wrong Choice
Keeper of Zuko's Smile and Laugh
Come with Zutarans if you want to live
You know the difference between you and me? I make Zutara look good.
Toph_Girl12
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I ♥ Sokka

Kiddiekidkid67@hotmail.com Kiddiekidkid67
« Reply #51 on: Nov 04, 2006 10:24 pm »

I love this epasode. Ty lee was waaay too girley. Mai was sooo awesome...i love her line, "Fireflakes dad?"

Ty lee was very very thin! I was amazed at it...

I ♥ Azula, Mai, Toph, Sokka, Katara, Aang, and Zuko!
jshanman
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Boooo! No talking!

« Reply #52 on: Nov 09, 2006 11:36 am »

I'm really curious about the 2 old ladies in this.  Who are they?  I think there is an important story behind these two and thier relation/mentorship to Azula...

It is significant that she listens to what they say and allows them to correct her ("The Avatar State").  This is true for no one else other than her father...

"I poured your tea because I wanted to and for no other reason."
"It is usually best to admit mistakes when they occur, and to seek to restore honor... but not this time, RUN!"
Toph_Girl12
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I ♥ Sokka

Kiddiekidkid67@hotmail.com Kiddiekidkid67
« Reply #53 on: Nov 09, 2006 11:45 pm »

I'm really curious about the 2 old ladies in this.  Who are they?  I think there is an important story behind these two and thier relation/mentorship to Azula...

It is significant that she listens to what they say and allows them to correct her ("The Avatar State").  This is true for no one else other than her father...

Yeah...their earlobes are long..lol!

I ♥ Azula, Mai, Toph, Sokka, Katara, Aang, and Zuko!
zennyrpg
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ZennyRPG
« Reply #54 on: Nov 10, 2006 01:18 am »

I love Mai, but wow, pretty heartless.  If you watch though, its Ty Lee who trips Sokka while he's running with Tom Tom.  Mai focuses on Katara.

I love Mai's smile at the mention of Zuko.  When oh when do we get to find out more about those two?!!?

Keeper of Sozin's Blue Dragon
Keeper of Zuko's Blue Inner Dragon
Keeper of Zuko's Red Inner Dragon
Keeper of the Meadow Vole
LadyProphet
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #55 on: Nov 12, 2006 02:10 pm »

I got scared after this episode.

The reason are Mai and Ty Lee, and not maybe for the reason you think but that it could have been so me and my freind! (- the killing that is.) Everytime I see them it's like remembering our freindship...

<a href="http://forums.avatarspirit.net/index.php?topic=2952.0" target="_blank">Shameless commercial of my art. Click here![/url]
fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #56 on: Mar 13, 2007 04:23 pm »

BTW, Azula called her retinue "dead weight," understandable since Iroh dispatched her entire crew single-handedly, but then again, Iroh dispatched *her entire crew* single-handedly. What's her plan to capture her uncle *and* brother *and* the Avatar and crew with only two sidekicks?

Maybe because those two sidekicks aren't stupid enough to blab about her plans to her pray, like that idiot ship captin, hate to be him. He is probably where the 5 sages are.

Anyway this is one of my favorites. It introduces Mai and Ty Lee, two of my favorite characters. They are villanous sidekicks with back stories, etc. Not only are they great fighters, but they are funny.

It is hard not to feel any compassion for Ty Lee. She seems like a good person deep down, someone that debuffs Jet's thinking of Fire Nation people, despite working for Azula.

Her ability to block bending is a great weapon, and there is some significance to her wearing pink, I think down the line, it will play a big part, Pink is the color of compassion.

Mai might be my favorite character to watch develop. a character I am particularly interested in seeing devloped in season 3, there is so much mystery to her.  I know where Ty Lee is coming from, I even now where Azula is coming from, but Mai is the wild card character.

When I first saw her, and she basicly throw her brothers to the wolfs I thought she was evil, and that was it. Than I find it out, she has a crush on Zuko, completely evil characters like Azula don't have those feelings, and especially when I saw her younger self in "Zuko Alone", and her reaction to Ty Lee hugging her in "The Chase", she looked like she was about to cry, and completely thrown by her.

That is what I love about Avatar, just when you think you have someone figured out, they throw something else at you. Mai is a great example of that, I thought I had her figured out, when she let Azula talk her into letting the resisdence keep Tom Tom. But they throw something else at me.

Speaking of Tom Tom, when Azula reveals her evil plans for Zuko, and Mai expresses verbally or non verbally compassion or resisdence of Azula's plan, and use the "But he is your brother" arguement, I expect Azula to throw what happened in Omashu with Tom Tom, right in Mai's face.
« Last Edit: Mar 13, 2007 05:12 pm by fireywaters » Logged

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
Noodles Aang Colbert
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

o.o

« Reply #57 on: Mar 13, 2007 08:34 pm »

^interesting points with Mai and Ty Lee.  So far Mai has reminded me of Daria from the MTV series.  Just by her lack of emotion no matter what the situation.  It truly will be interesting where everyone ends up at the end of season 3.  Perhaps even a third trip to Omashu.

leech
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #58 on: Mar 17, 2007 11:08 pm »

Now that was a funny moment: Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Sokka: The marks make ya look sick, but you gotta ACT sick, too. Ya gotta sell it!

(An old man walks between Sokka and the crowd, groaning pathetically and holding a hand to his allegedly aching back.)

Sokka: (putting his arm around an earth kingdom citizen next to him) Now that's what I'm talkin' about.

(Cut to a shot of the old man looking back at Sokka. He taps his wooden leg with his cane and smiles.)

Old Man: Years of practice.

I also enjoyed watching what Ty Lee could do with her body, I've always wanted to be so flexible... Although in general I just hate Ty Lee.

And speaking of Mai, I think sometimes her melancholy is exaggerated.

Keeper of:
Mai's "Just take the bear"
Iroh's "The secret ingredient is love"
Zuko's "I have changed"
Sokka's "Please accept this humble and tasty offering! Thank you"
dragonofthewest
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2007 03:04 pm »

I have two problems with this episode.

First, I think Yung the Resistance Leader caves way too easily to the crowd's demand to leave the city.  One moment, he is yelling "Freedom is worth dying for!  We have to fight them at any cost!"  A couple of people murmur that maybe there's something to Aang's idea.  And then, literally, the next second, he's like "Okay, fine.  But how are we going to get everyone out?"   Roll Eyes  Quite a pushover, isn't he?

Second, what kind of a Fire Nation name is "Tom-Tom"?  I understand it's an affectionate diminutive, but a diminutive of what?  Tomzai?  Zutom?  Can one possibly transmogrify a properly menacing FN name into "Tom-Tom"?   Tongue

The proud keeper of: Cabbage Man's despair, Bosco's animal instincts, and Katara's kleptomania
Rae
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2007 04:42 pm »

Well, you gotta take into account that Tom-Tom's a baby. Besides, what do you consider to be a "menacing FN name"? Mei, Ty Lee, Iroh, Zhao, General Xiu, etc - not very menacing names.
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2007 03:02 am »

er than her father...
I think they're just her guardians, as I've heard some people speculate this as well. If not her guardians then at least her trainers. But it's weird how they just finish each other's sentences and stuff. I do hope that we get some more background info on them. They're weird. There has to be a reason for their weirdness. And for their long earlobes. And for their enormous hair buns (have they never cut their hair or something? geez!).

But one of my favorite parts were the purple pentapuses (pentapii?). Those were so cuuuute! Much cuter than Tom-Tom, as far as I'm concerned Tongue

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
dragonofthewest
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2007 12:53 pm »

Well, you gotta take into account that Tom-Tom's a baby. Besides, what do you consider to be a "menacing FN name"? Mei, Ty Lee, Iroh, Zhao, General Xiu, etc - not very menacing names.

You don't consider "Zhao" menacing?  I suppose it's a matter of perspective.  In any case, that makes me realize: Fire Nation men have scary "Z" and "K" saturated names, but the women...not so much.  Azula's the only one I can think of.  And I think in her case, Ursa took one look at her as an infant and just...knew.

Oh, and I was taking into account the fact that Tom-Tom's a baby.

I understand it's an affectionate diminutive, but a diminutive of what?

The proud keeper of: Cabbage Man's despair, Bosco's animal instincts, and Katara's kleptomania
Rae
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2007 12:43 pm »

No, I don't think "Zhao" is very menacing - probably because it rhymes with "Yao" a character from Mulan. Besides if you look at the name itself I don't think it sounds that...evil? I guess?
zippo69
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #64 on: Jul 05, 2007 12:06 am »

When Ty Lee says to Azula, "I mean, my aura has never been pinker!"
What does that mean?
« Last Edit: Jul 05, 2007 12:23 am by zippo69 » Logged
Devlin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Cody+is+a+Bro
« Reply #65 on: Jul 05, 2007 12:30 am »

She's never been happier?

and those two guardians are Lo and Li -- they are twins

Tongone
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #66 on: Jul 05, 2007 08:41 am »

Oh, I never talked about this episode. This was a great episode, in my opinion. We got to see Omashu again, and we meet two new characters who totally kick butt. I loved the little fight sequence between Katara and Mai. I loved Aang fighting Azula. Most importantly, I loved seeing Aang hold that baby. He held it with such delicacy, it told me he was ready to be a father, whenever that time came. If it came.
And they also brought back that sad, ending theme from the first season.
Fate
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avvy made by caves.

« Reply #67 on: Jul 05, 2007 07:20 pm »

This episode would have been excellent except for one thing---
Do you honestly think that real soldiers (who are trained to kill and die for their country if need be) would panic at the sight of a bunch of not-very-convincing plague victims without proof that the plague was authentic?  "Oh, yeah, here's a bunch of sick people... let them out of the city where they can infect the rest of the world."  You know what Genghis Khan would've done?  He'd have killed the infected people before they could spread the disease!  And why couldn't the resistence escape through the sewers through which Aang arrived?

Perhaps I'm being too critical, but that whole thing seemed unrealistic to me.
Tongone
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #68 on: Jul 05, 2007 08:09 pm »

Well, it was a disease, and usually, they try to rid the town of the disease. But when you put it like that, I guess I do have to wonder whether the fire nation soldiers are real smart. They have proven to be idiots time to time
Shizuma
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Kataang + Maiko = OT4

« Reply #69 on: Jul 06, 2007 11:57 pm »

Well, if they'd killed the diseased people they would have had to touch their bodies in order to dispose of them eventually, which is risky when dealing with a disease so contagious it infects an entire population of citizens within hours of the first sighted case. Plus I doubt they could have just started killing them all without orders from Mai's dad to do so, and he's a total pushover.

As for escaping through the sewers, they would have had to go single file and it would have taken forever to get them all inside. They most likely would have been caught escaping and been in serious trouble. Better get permission to escape through clever trickery.

But, yeah, I agree-- it seemed kind of random and unrealistic. Cheesy

dragonofthewest
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #70 on: Jul 07, 2007 04:31 pm »

Well, if they'd killed the diseased people they would have had to touch their bodies in order to dispose of them eventually, which is risky when dealing with a disease so contagious it infects an entire population of citizens within hours of the first sighted case.

Shizuma - they're Firebenders.  They wouldn't have had to touch their bodies for a moment while "disposing" of them.   Cheesy Wink

Plus I doubt they could have just started killing them all without orders from Mai's dad to do so, and he's a total pushover.

I think that's the most likely explanation.  Mai's dad is such a nebbish.    Tongue

As for escaping through the sewers, they would have had to go single file and it would have taken forever to get them all inside. They most likely would have been caught escaping and been in serious trouble. Better get permission to escape through clever trickery.

Well, wait a minute...isn't the biggest obstacle to that escape plan the fact that the sewers let out into the giant canyon that separates Omashu from the surrounding terrain?  The gaang needed to ride Appa to get to an entrance!   Grin

Shizuma
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Kataang + Maiko = OT4

« Reply #71 on: Jul 09, 2007 03:46 am »

AHAHA! So true, DotW, sooo true. I totally forgot about the possibility of on-sight cremation and the lack of suitable canyon transportation... although I suppose they could have tried to get Appa go back and forth many times, which would have slowed the process even more... *ponders*

Acastus
Expert Advisor
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Victim of the gelatinous cube.

« Reply #72 on: Sep 15, 2007 07:30 pm »

947 DVD screenshots are now available on the mainsite for this episode. Enjoy!
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Aang is a prodigy of water n earth

lilkobeb24
« Reply #73 on: Sep 19, 2007 06:07 pm »

Luv da episode

Please add more to your posts! Explain why you enjoy this episode so that it gives other board members something worthwhile to read and add on to. Also, ASN prefers it's members to use correct grammar. Please reread the rules, as this is your second warning in Episode Discussion.

-Tananda, Board Moderator
« Last Edit: Sep 19, 2007 07:37 pm by Tananda » Logged

Jeremiah
pythagean
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #74 on: Oct 01, 2007 04:56 pm »

Hey, I'm new here, I just watched this episode again. I kind of got the idea that maybe The Kids will go back there and find that Omashu has been retaken by the Earth Kingdom, because at the end what Bumi was saying sounded like he was waiting for a chance to strike, and with the fall of Ba Sing Se, troops might have moved out, or they could have been distracted celebrating and then Bumi would have used that chance and escaped, then he could have found the other Omashu warriors and taken them and attacked, or maybe he will just take them and lead them to the Fire Nation to help Aang and the gang out
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: