Jul 21, 2017 10:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 66 (35.9%)
9 - 42 (22.8%)
8 - 47 (25.5%)
7 - 17 (9.2%)
6 - 6 (3.3%)
5 - 1 (0.5%)
4 - 0 (0%)
3 - 1 (0.5%)
2 - 1 (0.5%)
1 - 3 (1.6%)
Total Voters: 175

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [203] Return To Omashu  (Read 20003 times)
ignite444
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A Kataang shipper to the end!

« Reply #25 on: Apr 07, 2006 11:26 pm »

One thing I didn't seem to understand in this episode was how Azula got Ty Lee to join her. Can someone clear that up? I mean, she burned the net and put her in mortal peril... and that suddenly makes you want to hunt your friend's brother?

Well, I guess she finally saw how horrible the circus life was and how dangerous it could be, so she decided to join Azula.

*Shrugs* Just a guess.

Banner made by me, do not steal! If you want to use it, ask me first.

Join my site! Avatar Dream (New custom skin up!)
Unbridled Joy of Flight
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #26 on: Apr 07, 2006 11:29 pm »

Ty Lee realized Azula was going to keep at it until a) she joined the mission or b) she was dead.  Azula is used to getting her way, and friendship wasn't going to be allowed to stand in the way of getting her way...friend or no.
Bleeding_Aurora
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

by: neitherday

« Reply #27 on: Apr 08, 2006 12:16 am »

Wow, Azula's a khlorbag... she's totally the character you'd just love to hate.

"Writer's block is like a bicyclist breaking his legs, eventually he'll get to ride again, but not when he really wants to."

Icon From: Digik Designs
Star Outlaw
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Are you okay?

« Reply #28 on: Apr 08, 2006 12:53 am »

This whole episode reeked of adorableness. We get pentapi (they would make sure great pets), Flopsy, Fire Nation baby antics, and most of all, Ty Lee! With her cute button nose, adorably big brown eyes and pinchable cheeks! She just gushes huggly good vibes. She is now my favorite female character of Avatar.

AS for Bumi, it is such a relief to see him healthy and still as mad as ever. I hope that he's forming some sort of plan, waiting for the moment to strike.

Check out my Avatar Music Videos.

I keep Pabu. Sig by LeonsKennedy4815
Karen
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

karenthegroomer@yahoo.ca
« Reply #29 on: Apr 08, 2006 01:10 am »

AS for Bumi, it is such a relief to see him healthy and still as mad as ever. I hope that he's forming some sort of plan, waiting for the moment to strike.

I think that's probably what he's doing too... Though if/when he and the resistance do take back Omashu, I hope they'll be lenient on the innocent like baby Tom-Tom and his mother (Heaven forbid Bumi and everyone in Omashu turn out like Jet and his gang!)

Katara: (leaning over to hug the baby from behind) Ooo, you're so CUTE. Mmmmm...

(Cut to the Resistance Leader sitting on the other side of the camp fire.)

Resistance Leader: Sure he's cute now, but when he's older, (cut back to Sokka and Katara, still hugging the baby, he continues from o.c.) he'll join the Fire Nation army. You won't think he's so cute then. He'll be a killer.

As if Earth Kingdom soldiers and Water Tribe warriors don't kill!. What a bunch of hypocrissy!. Especially after the Omashu resistance leader only recently tried to kill baby Tom-Tom in his mothers' arms!. Undecided
« Last Edit: Apr 08, 2006 01:49 am by Karen » Logged

Scar in your meadow
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #30 on: Apr 08, 2006 01:59 am »

In war, ethics get twisted. People who fight for the greater good are only doing what must be done in their eyes, they don't revel in it. The killers do, and thus that's why they are condemned. Good insight, Karen.
BisonTamer
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #31 on: Apr 08, 2006 05:45 pm »

From the beginning, Return to Omashu was a more serious venture than The Cave of the Two Lovers. It's not even certain that Bumi survived the siege, let alone what the state of the city is, but Aang shows his loyalty again by going into the city, no matter what.

I've got to say this for Azula - she is a master manipulator. First, she nearly captures her brother with little to no effort, and this week she bends Ty Lee to her will. I felt a little bad for Ty Lee, because she was happy at the circus. However, Azula would have stayed there for however long it took, and she would have made sure Ty Lee was miserable until Ty Lee succumbed.

So Azula, Mai and Ty Lee met at the Royal Fire Academy for Girls, huh? I think this threesome is going to be big trouble for both Aang and Zuko. Mai seems to be cool and detached, while Ty Lee is bubbly, but looks may be deceiving. Ty Lee may be a lot more dangerous than she appears, and Mai may be the one who can get steamed in battle.

I already see a potential way Azula may - no pun intended - lure Zuko out again. From Ty Lee's line about how Mai may like to see Zuko again and the sly look, there is some kind of romantic history between Zuko and Mai. Women have been the downfall of many a man. Zuko's not above falling for Mai again, and Azula clearly will use any means necessary to achieve her goals - no matter how underhanded they may be.

Sokka keeps evolving into a resourceful and cunning warrior. Sure, he still has a lot of comical moments, but he's also shown he can think on his feet. The fake pentapox epidemic was a stroke of genius, and I loved it when he swooped in on Appa and saved Katara from pointy death at Mei's hands.

Flopsie returns, and Bumi's as crazy - and sage - as ever. First, Bumi teaches Aang to look beyond the first impression; now Bumi teaches Aang that there is always more than one way - or two - to do something. I wonder what the other 82 forms of jin are?

I've been searching my brain for someone who's already been in the series who fits Bumi's description of what a good earthbending teacher is, and I can't recall one who fits the mold. Therefore, I think Aang's earthbending teacher will be someone we haven't seen yet.

I was so angry when Azula ordered the name of Omashu be changed to New Ozai. To go from a name based on love to one based on a warmonger - I was almost hoping they'd burn the place to the ground or split the city in two rather than let it stand.

Momo was the main comic relief this week. His misadventures with Tom-Tom were humorous, but not as funny as some side-plots I've seen in Avatar.

As long as there isn't another stupid awards show waiting to air next week, I'll eagerly look forward to Friday.
« Last Edit: Apr 08, 2006 05:56 pm by BisonTamer » Logged

Even if you're lost you can't lose the love because it's in your heart.
Karen
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

karenthegroomer@yahoo.ca
« Reply #32 on: Apr 08, 2006 06:03 pm »

Well, you have to admit, fact or fiction, war is incredibley hyppocritical. And with both sides attacking and killing eachother, weather it's for "the greater good" or weather it's because they "revel in it", it's often hard to determine who is in the right and who isn't.

Ever seen "Gundam Seed"?. On one hand you've got people like the Blue Cosmos who'd like nothing better then to wipe out all the Coordinators and the PLANTs where they live, but on the other you've got people like Patrick Zala of ZAFT and his followers who want to wipe out all Naturals and all of Earth.

And in regards to "Avatar", that's why I'm glad that Aang, Sokka and Katara stopped Jets plan to wipe out that Fire Nation occupied village (In a way, Jet's almost like a male version of Flay Allster!) in spite of his claim that it was for "the greater good". I'm glad Aang stopped the resistance from killing baby Tom-Tom and his mother, and I'm glad Katara spoke in Tom-Toms defence. Smiley

Ranji
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #33 on: Apr 08, 2006 06:20 pm »

aang will have to listen to the earth more.  the next episode "the swamp" is available on i-tunes.  i just saw it, very nice. 

<pseudo-spoiler below>

listening to the earth comes into play. 

as for finding a teacher who listens to the earth, i don't think aang has found one yet.  the person will be a new character (there's a very subtle hint to the appearance of a new character that may have this ability)
FoxSpirit
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

~Soul Reaper~

« Reply #34 on: Apr 15, 2006 10:06 am »

This was an interesting episode it had good fights and you see bumi! At the end aangs saying ''you could earth bend the whole time!'' that was something i would suspect from bumi! As always Azula is kicking butt, but aang and the gang are almost unbeatable!
someone198
« Reply #35 on: Apr 23, 2006 09:47 pm »

"It'll be interesting seeing Zuko again, won't it, Mai?" It's the "Imprisoned" ending all over again. Just when you think it was a great episode that's all wrapped up, a twist like this completely throws you for a loop. Fanfiction.net, stand by- you're about to be attacked by theories of why it'll be so "interesting" for Mai to see Zuko again. As far as I'm concerned, out with the old, in with the new. Zutara's out; Zuko/Mai is in!

I'm thinking Charlie's Angels and the Powerpuff girls (I can see the amvs now...) when I think of Azula and her two polar extreme opposite sidekicks. The writers aren't even subtle about it! No doubt this is not anime. The trio with a hardheaded leader, quiet mysterious tomboy Goth, and impossibly bubbly and peppy girl is as American as it gets.

BTW, Azula called her retinue "dead weight," understandable since Iroh dispatched her entire crew single-handedly, but then again, Iroh dispatched *her entire crew* single-handedly. What's her plan to capture her uncle *and* brother *and* the Avatar and crew with only two sidekicks?

Doesn't look like Aang and the gang (I can't believe they actually used that name in a commercial!) have any idea who they've met. Another interesting revelation to look forward to.
omgasp
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

av by alpha

« Reply #36 on: Jul 31, 2006 05:57 pm »

When Aang froze the chain that Boomi was attached to, was that airbending or waterbending?

peppertree
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Orange-kun

akatsuki.evil@hotmail.com
« Reply #37 on: Jul 31, 2006 06:13 pm »

When Aang froze the chain that Boomi was attached to, was that airbending or waterbending?

That was waterbending.

I loved this episode!
The Azula and Aang fight scene is one of my fave fight scenes.

Whoever made my icons is creative & brilliant.
Jeremiah Gottwald got baked by Kallen... Baked orange...

Visit my Deviantart!! link
omgasp
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

av by alpha

« Reply #38 on: Jul 31, 2006 06:16 pm »

That was waterbending.

Do you have an explanation?

FoxSpirit
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

~Soul Reaper~

« Reply #39 on: Aug 10, 2006 06:42 pm »

I liked this episode because the episode before this one really left you hanging. So I was exited about this one. I especially like the fighting. GO AANG!
PaLi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #40 on: Aug 11, 2006 12:40 pm »

That was waterbending.

Aang was blowing concentrated water.  The only way he could have changed a temperature so dramatically was by turning water into ice.  You can't do that with airbending.  It's like when he froze himself and Appa pre-Season 1, was that air or waterbending?

Classical:  Music for the ears.
Oldies:  Music for the soul.
Rap:  Music for the tone-deaf.
MonCapitan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Mmm.. Redheads

« Reply #41 on: Aug 11, 2006 01:01 pm »

I think it was a combination of both.  While blowing the air he froze the moisture in it with waterbending.

Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population
omgasp
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

av by alpha

« Reply #42 on: Aug 11, 2006 08:12 pm »

That was waterbending.

Aang was blowing concentrated water.  The only way he could have changed a temperature so dramatically was by turning water into ice.  You can't do that with airbending.  It's like when he froze himself and Appa pre-Season 1, was that air or waterbending?

But that was when there was water around him. When he froze the chain, there was no water--only air.

peppertree
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Orange-kun

akatsuki.evil@hotmail.com
« Reply #43 on: Aug 11, 2006 08:25 pm »

When he froze the chain it was both waterbending. The water vapour from his breath was a form of water, so he just froze that.

Whoever made my icons is creative & brilliant.
Jeremiah Gottwald got baked by Kallen... Baked orange...

Visit my Deviantart!! link
Xeiros
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I despise Avatar.

266755988 Xerios417 xerios417
« Reply #44 on: Aug 24, 2006 06:10 pm »

Avatar really makes you think sometimes doesn't it? I wonder why Azula didnt just destroy part of the slide ahead of Bumi and Aang to stop them. To me Ty Lee and Mai are useless in comparison to Azula, although I have to admit Ty Lee chi blocking technique was well thought out.

Wii Code/Nickname:2249-5964-0834-8514/Cenobia
PM me if you register me so I may add you as well.
omgasp
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

av by alpha

« Reply #45 on: Aug 24, 2006 07:32 pm »

Well Azula could easily be teamed up on if it was just her as shown in the Chase. And they grew up together so I imagine they have some crazy technique where they use all three of their special abilities at once.

R1294
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Friendly mushroom friend !

« Reply #46 on: Sep 06, 2006 11:39 pm »

Hmmm.. I think that Bumi is waiting for the solar eclipse, And Katara/Mai&Ty Lee fighting scenes where great
P.S. Yay first post !!

Three Deadly girls, Two earthbenders(Xin Fu and Master Yu) and A banished prince and his uncle, Another person want to catch the Avatar? Come on the list is open, Please don't put bunny on your profile  he want rule the world
Amy_for_airbending
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #47 on: Oct 25, 2006 06:26 pm »

Ty Lee did render Katara almost useless at one point, after all, with her pressure point move (that would be so cool if I could do that).

http://www.dimmak.net/
^please remember these points do have affects on people and you shouldn't perform them on people unless you are in real danger. i have actually done it lightly on my sister (in a non-lethal part) and she was felt numb in her arm.

ok,so,this episode gets 100 out of 10. it was awesome. kick-but action plus lots of funny lines. and that thing that ty lee does where she puts her feet on her head,i can do that Smiley.  ty lee has ecome one of my favorite characters.
« Last Edit: Oct 25, 2006 06:53 pm by Amy_for_airbending » Logged

*keeper of: Appa's fur, Mai's dark makeup, Toph's flying boar, Toph's metalbending
Mikesta
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

plazamikie@hotmail.com
« Reply #48 on: Oct 26, 2006 07:40 pm »

This was a great episode since Azula made her little trio (Hot Ty-Lee...and Boring Mai) overall i'll give this episode a 10/10

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!
isitnext2afirebender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #49 on: Oct 29, 2006 12:59 pm »

THIS EPISODE WAS AWESOME THE FIGHT WAS AWESOME AND BUMI BENDING WIT HIS FACE OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!.
KATARA PUT UP A GOOD FIGHT BUT TY-LEE WAS BETTERRRRRR. AND MAI OMG A NINJA NINJA NINJA BELIEVE IT!!!!!
:OMG AZULA PUT UP A GOOD FIGHT SO DID MOMO WHEN THE BABY WAS CHASING HIM. WASNT THE BABY CUTE . AND MY FAVORITE APPA HE SAVED THE DAY AGAIN.
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: