Mar 27, 2017 02:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 66 (35.9%)
9 - 42 (22.8%)
8 - 47 (25.5%)
7 - 17 (9.2%)
6 - 6 (3.3%)
5 - 1 (0.5%)
4 - 0 (0%)
3 - 1 (0.5%)
2 - 1 (0.5%)
1 - 3 (1.6%)
Total Voters: 175

Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [203] Return To Omashu  (Read 19630 times)
Unbridled Joy of Flight
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Apr 01, 2006 08:55 pm »

"The kids return to Omashu so that Aang can learn Earthbending from King Bumi. But when they get there, they are shocked to find the city is now in Fire Nation hands. Despite the danger, Aang enters Omashu in search of King Bumi."
« Last Edit: Apr 07, 2006 07:50 pm by Acastus » Logged
Karen
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

karenthegroomer@yahoo.ca
« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2006 09:22 pm »

Smiley Looking foreward to seeing this episode!. Judging from the screencaps it looks awesome! (Do my eyes decieve me, or does Miss "I'll kill you if you don't do as I say" actually have friends?) I also can't wait to read the new descriptions and character bios!.

Fuzzy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

fuzzytoesocks@hotmail.com emilythepissed
« Reply #2 on: Apr 01, 2006 09:33 pm »

Loved it. I bought it early, I'll admit it. xD

Azula's friends are awesome. Mei, the kickbutt assasain seems to have a little crush on Zuko or something. >3 I forgot the other one's name, but I liked her character design. She looked kind of like an airbender, thouugh, just because of the grey eyes. I'm glad that they're gonna be recurring characters. At least, I think that they're supposed to be.

The fight scenes were freaking awesome. Especially Mai's ninjaness, and Azula's lightning.

Oh yeah, and AzulaxAang is now on my list of crack shippings. o=
« Last Edit: Apr 01, 2006 11:17 pm by Fuzzy » Logged

Zarr
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: Apr 01, 2006 09:43 pm »

Yeah, that was an awesome episode. Sorta an anticlimax as far as the revelation of how the city was taken goes, but though-provoking. Bumi seemed to be hinting at something with Momo...but it could just be nothing, of course. And yes, Azula's friends rock. May was the other one, I think. Katara got pressure point'd.
« Last Edit: Apr 01, 2006 09:45 pm by Zarr » Logged

Haha, signature. What? Yeah.
Karen
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

karenthegroomer@yahoo.ca
« Reply #4 on: Apr 01, 2006 09:50 pm »

Azula's friends are awesome. Mei, the kickbutt assasain seems to have a little cruh on Zuko or something. >3

Is it Mei or Mai?. Does anyone know?. And did she actually mention Zuko?. Huh

And yes, she definetly seems like a kick-butt ninja assassin, doesn't she?. And she's got quite the poker face! (Only smiled once, I think)

I forgot the other one's name, but I liked her character design. She looked kind of like an airbender, thouugh, just because of the grey eyes. I'm glad that they're gonna be recurring characters. At least, I think that they're supposed to be.

I think it said the other gals' name was Ty Lee and that she was quite the acrobat and an expert on chi. She's a cutey too!. Reminds me a little bit of Meng!.

Acastus
Expert Advisor
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Victim of the gelatinous cube.

« Reply #5 on: Apr 01, 2006 09:59 pm »

Is it Mei or Mai?. Does anyone know?. And did she actually mention Zuko?

It is Mai. All the bare bones bios and other episode information are up on the mainsite. Enjoy!

And no, I don't think she mentioned Zuko, it was Ty Lee who teased her about him. Mai's little smile at the teasing said wonders though. Definitely some history there (and the shippers go wild!).
« Last Edit: Apr 01, 2006 11:17 pm by Acastus » Logged
Fuzzy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

fuzzytoesocks@hotmail.com emilythepissed
« Reply #6 on: Apr 01, 2006 11:17 pm »

Eep, sorry. xD I'll go edit my post. ^^;

And thanks for the other name. =3

NoraBlack
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Apr 01, 2006 11:19 pm »

My theory (and I actually saw it, not just screenshots) is that either

1. (my first idea) They were engaged (arranged marriage) but neither of them were very interested in each other, although Mai might possibly have been interested in being Fire Lady, and now she's mad at Zuko for ruining her chances.

2. (just thought of this) She decided to get together with Zuko (pre-banishment) either because she was bored or to be Fire Lady, and he either wasn't interested, dumped her, or embarrassed her with the whole Agni Kai thing, and now she wants to settle the score.

The reason I don't think she actually likes him, or at least not vice-versa, is because she's just as much of a heartless b*tch as Azula, so far. She didn't seem to care about her own brother. (That could have been a poker face, as mentioned above, but I doubt it) Zuko might be a bit of a jerk sometimes, but even (especaially) pre-banishment, he seems to have had a conscious.
Force
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8 on: Apr 02, 2006 12:03 am »

Ewwww, nice episode. Good points:

• Momo and that baby. I got serious Buttons and Mindy flashbacks from that.
  • Three girls teamed up to kick ass. Final Fantasy X-2, anyone?
  • Bumi: Hi everybody!!
  • I've fallen more in love with Azula after that little slide fight. She was seriously crazy awesome in that. That slide was also a nice throwback.
  • His disguise is nothing but a hat, but somehow no one is able to tell it's Aang.
  • A new breed of shipper has been born. We'll bee seeing Maiko fan fics by dawn.
  • The triumphant return of Flopsy!
  • Whatever Ty Lee did to Katara to stop her from waterbending. That was pure uncut awesome.
  • "NO! Bad Fire Nation baby!!"
  • How do you persuade a circus performer to join your cause? SET THE NET ON FIRE!!
  • Did Azula laugh? Then both give and recieve HUGS?!
  • "PLAGUE!!" It was like Dawn of the Dead, Avatar style.
  • Renaming the town New Oazi...priceless
  • The fact that anyone who talks to Azula does nothing but kiss her ass.

Sadly, my Quicktime Player jerked a lot during that so the episode wasn't best viewing quality. But this was deffinatly a great episode. I felt the ending was a little lame but at least Bumi didn't die. So, that's good. Ya? Ya.
« Last Edit: Apr 02, 2006 12:11 am by Force » Logged

ignite444
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A Kataang shipper to the end!

« Reply #9 on: Apr 02, 2006 01:51 pm »

Wait, the episode aired? I'm confused...

Banner made by me, do not steal! If you want to use it, ask me first.

Join my site! Avatar Dream (New custom skin up!)
dinglehopper
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

STEALTH MODE

« Reply #10 on: Apr 02, 2006 01:54 pm »

^ Its available to buy on i-tunes Smiley

In addition to what everyone else said, I especially liked how the fire nation people talked about pentapox.

"Didn't your brother Chang die from it?"
"Pentapox... I think I've heard of that!"

Ha, that had me laughing.

ignite444
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #11 on: Apr 02, 2006 01:56 pm »

Man... How much is it? I might buy it.

(I can't seem to even find it... A little help please? I really want to see it.)
« Last Edit: Apr 02, 2006 05:56 pm by ignite444 » Logged

dinglehopper
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

STEALTH MODE

« Reply #12 on: Apr 02, 2006 06:16 pm »

^ In the "Music Store" theres a gray bar that says "choose genre" go to "TV shows" then scroll down and under "Networks" you'll see the Nickelodeon thing click that and you'll see it Smiley

More random thoughts on the episode: Personally, I thought the ending with Aang and the baby was really cute. It made me go "aww"  Tongue.

Sokka with his "Bad Fire Nation baby!" followed by Katara slapping his face. Too funny

And one more yay for kick arse female bad guys.

ignite444
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: Apr 02, 2006 07:10 pm »

Ok, nevermind, I forgot that I had an iTunes gift card that I could use.

It was cool. Tongue I really did enjoy it. I just can't seem to figure out how to get it to play on my QT player...
« Last Edit: Apr 02, 2006 09:04 pm by ignite444 » Logged

Runty
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #14 on: Apr 03, 2006 11:03 am »

I've only read a transcript and seen the pictures, but what I've seen makes me want to watch the episode even more. It also makes me wonder how Zuko and Iroh are going to deal with Azula's new entourage. Ty Lee did render Katara almost useless at one point, after all, with her pressure point move (that would be so cool if I could do that).
raylene
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: Apr 03, 2006 09:33 pm »

but i wonder. can katara still waterbend??  Huh
Zarr
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #16 on: Apr 04, 2006 05:07 pm »

It probably wore off pretty quickly. They wouldn't totally rob Katara of her bending, that would be stupid...

Haha, signature. What? Yeah.
Kaption
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #17 on: Apr 07, 2006 07:30 pm »

I thought this was a fun little episode, solid in both animation and plot. It made me love that sadistic, little she-witch Azula even more. How can you not love a girl who nearly killed a close friend just so she could join her group?
Kereea
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Moordryd Payyn and Prince Zuko rock!

« Reply #18 on: Apr 07, 2006 07:34 pm »

Not as amazing as I had hoped, and Azula with her pals was just freaky, but overall decent. The pox idea was very interesting, as was the little glance Mei gave at Zuko's mention.

(kereea is a supporter and rabid fangirl of both boys above. Insult them at your own risk)
Keeper of whatever i can get my hands on, all the good stuff's already claimed...Keeper of Mai's knives! Yeah!
ignite444
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #19 on: Apr 07, 2006 07:35 pm »

I've already seen it, but I taped it.

It wasn't a bad episode, but not the best one. I think they could have done a little better with it, though the funny parts of it were great. Lol! "Plague! Plague!"

Acastus
Expert Advisor
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Victim of the gelatinous cube.

« Reply #20 on: Apr 07, 2006 07:52 pm »

I enjoyed this episode. Ty Lee and Mai are cool additions with some real potential. For those TT fans out there I see Ty Lee as the Starfire analog and Mai as the Raven analog.

As I commented in the "How did Omashu fall?" string, I was a bit disappointed with the surrender explanation. It just didn't feel satisfying. It makes the war feel less real. Still, can't have everything.
« Last Edit: Apr 07, 2006 07:56 pm by Acastus » Logged
Pandora
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #21 on: Apr 07, 2006 07:59 pm »

Well... wow. Honestly, I really had a lot of fun with this episode. The fights were amazing, and as always, Sokka made me laugh hysterically.

No Zuko or Iroh this time around... I guess I'm okay with that, but I hope they're doing something constructive with their time off. Tongue

Things that were yay:

~Sokka getting soaked in sewer water and Aang and Katara being able to bend it without getting filthy... too hilarious
~the Pentapuss... SQUEE!
~the two elderly hags... seriously, what is up with them? Are they the Azula Fan Club or something?
~Aang's little turban hat as his ONLY disguise... I loved that hat, so very very much
~Sokka's idea for the pentapox plague... sheer awesome
~"Pentapox?? I'm pretty sure I've heard of that."
~FLOPSY! Need I say more?
~Tom-Tom and Momo shenanigans... indeed, very Buttons and Mindy-ish. I went "Squeee!" many times.
~Azula's circus suggestions... no, seriously, I would NOT want her as a friend, even more so than as an enemy
~Ty Lee is the most stretchable, bendable (haha, pun) character evar... I want to hug her. I adore her character design... I can't wait to see her in battle again.
~As a follow up, pressure-pointing Katara so she couldn't bend was very unique, and terribly awesome... she was a good pick for Azula to make as an ally. Her skills are different and unpredictable... I can't wait to see what else she has to show us.
~New Ozai? Puh-lease, Azula... get real. Tongue That's a horrible, tacky name
~Bumi bending earth with JUST his face. Oh Bumi... I love you ever so much.
~Mai's crazy ninja skills... too awesome
~Aang dropping off Tom-tom back with his parents... I went "awww"
~Bumi's speech about jin. "There are three jins?" "Well, technically there are eighty-five." Oh, Bumi... will your awesomeness ever cease? I sure hope not.

All in all, I enjoyed everything about this episode. I giggled and I loved the animation to no end, especially the final battle. The three girls are going to be a formidable assassin group... I can't wait to see all of them again.
Robot Mule
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Turba, Cunfusio, Inordinatum

« Reply #22 on: Apr 07, 2006 09:55 pm »

Hmm, this episode... thinking processing

KING BUMI NO!

This episode kicked so much butt, I can't wait for what happens next!

http://forums.avatarspirit.net/index.php?topic=460.msg893373#msg893373
By reading this signature I have wasted SECONDS of your time you will never get back. MWAHAHAHAHAHA!
Bleeding_Aurora
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

by: neitherday

« Reply #23 on: Apr 07, 2006 10:56 pm »

I'm having mixed feelings on the episode. I liked it, it was good, but some things didn't fit for me. It went from serious to funny (and back again) way too fast... didn't like that much. I was shocked that Azula had friends... I didn't think that was possible (j/k)... it was interesting to find out what kind of people she associates with, and it brings her character into a better light. I mean, you are the company you keep.

Mai and Ty Lee... very nice. Great new characters. Mai, was woah... freaky. Yeah, I had no words to describe her. She was awesome, and she just kicked butt, but it was like I could care less sort of thing which was an interesting touch. I liked that little smirk/blush(not really) thing when they mentioned Zuko. I'm very interested to see what went down there. Ty Lee confused me at first. I mean, when we first saw her I was like... why would Azula like her... she's so... nice and flexible... but then when we saw her abilities... I was like... ooooh... I get it. I notice Azula consorts only with those who can be of use to her. That's what I love about this show... they don't give you a character's personality in full, they just give it to you layer by layer.

The whole baby thing was cute... Tom Tom was adorable! As was Momo... but of course I loved the whole pentapusses... aww... I'd love to have one for a pet.

One thing I didn't seem to understand in this episode was how Azula got Ty Lee to join her. Can someone clear that up? I mean, she burned the net and put her in mortal peril... and that suddenly makes you want to hunt your friend's brother?

Well, that's just my two cents. I've given the epi an 8... cause even though it was good, I think it sort of lacked in a few areas.

"Writer's block is like a bicyclist breaking his legs, eventually he'll get to ride again, but not when he really wants to."

Icon From: Digik Designs
Zukofan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #24 on: Apr 07, 2006 11:01 pm »

From what I saw from this eppisode, I think I liked it.  I was babysitting two boys (7 and 9), and they kept talking and laughing so much I couldn't even watch proplerly!  I seriously had to bite my tounge when one of them exclaimed, "hey look! Its APOOPLA!"  ... Angry They acted like they had never even seen an episode in their life!  (But I know they had)  They even went so far as to insult Bumi.

Gaahhh...but I digress...
No Zuko in this eppisode...oh well.  I cant beleive Azula of all people can look so...normal...around her friends.  I mean, the fact she even has any was a shocker...but then they HUGGED?!?  Too wierd.
And of course...to everything else that has been mentioned so far with regard to Tom-Tom and Momo, Ty Lee, Mai, ect: ditto!
« Last Edit: Apr 07, 2006 11:05 pm by Zukofan » Logged
Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: