Oct 31, 2014 08:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Avatar Characters, MBTI Style  (Read 19780 times)
Aurora
Unphotogenic Avatar

The truth? About what?

« on: May 01, 2008 09:22 pm »

We've got two months of waiting left to do before another episode, so I might as well start the endless discussion that is classifying the characters' personalities now. Tongue

The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator is a fairly common personality evaluation method (a few of you have even discussed it with me before Wink) that works with sorting people into sixteen different basic personality types, and is often used by people to figure out natural career preferences. You can learn more about the MBTI here and the different personality types here. There are countless sites with more information on it, but those pages have enough of an introduction if you've never heard of the MBTI before.

I always thought it'd be interesting to figure out the types of fictional characters because it's very possible to figure out what they'll do in the future based on their type, and it's always cool to learn more about people, fictional or not.

So, what types do you guys think the main characters (or any other characters) of Avatar are? I've read some differing opinions on this already (offsite, though) and you can find them here and here (the last one comes from a quiz made by Anliya that I've been asked not to link so that we don't end up discussing it, but it's fairly easy to find if you want to take it).

I've done some digging through episode transcripts and am pretty decided on all the main FN characters' types myself, but the only ones I've finished "reviewing" per se are Zuko's and Azula's. There are quite a few spoilers down there, so be wary if you haven't seen any one episode yet. All the MBTI information I put in bold come from the same site I linked above.

Zuko – INFP

"Their primary goal is to find out their meaning in life. What is their purpose? How can they best serve humanity in their lives? They are idealists and perfectionists, who drive themselves hard in their quest for achieving the goals they have identified for themselves."

Quote from: Day of Black Sun Part 2
Zuko: But I've come to an even more important decision. I'm going to join the Avatar. And I'm going to help him defeat you.
Fire Lord Ozai: Really Since you're a full blown traitor now and you want me gone, why wait? I'm powerless, you've got your swords. Why don't you just do it now?
Zuko: Because I know my own destiny. Taking you down is the Avatar's destiny.

Quote from: Western Air Temple
Zuko: All I want now is to play my part in ending this war. And I know my destiny is to help you restore balance to the world.

Quote from: Lake Laogai
Iroh: AND THEN WHAT! You never think these things through! This is exactly what happened when you captured the Avatar at the North Pole! You had him, and then you had no where to go!
Zuko: I would have figured something out!
Iroh: No! If his friends hadn't found you, you would have frozen to death!
Zuko: (looking away) I know my own destiny, Uncle.

"Although they may be reserved in expressing emotion, they have a very deep well of caring and are genuinely interested in understanding people."

Quote from: The Boiling Rock Part 1
Zuko: I'm never happy.

Quote from:  The Boiling Rock Part 1
Sokka: I have to restore my honor. You can't stop me, Zuko.
Zuko: You have to restore your honor? Believe me, I understand.

Quote from: Day of Black Sun Part 2
Zuko: The people of the world are terrified by the Fire Nation! They don't see our greatness, they hate us! And we deserve it. We've created an era of fear in the world. And if we don't want the world to destroy itself, we need to replace it with an era of peace and kindness.

"In conflict situations, INFPs place little importance on who is right and who is wrong. They focus on the way that the conflict makes them feel, and indeed don't really care whether or not they're right."

Quote from:  The Boiling Rock Part 2
Zuko: I have to do this to save my country.
Mai: Save your country? You're betraying it!
Zuko: That's not how I see it.

Quote from: The Storm
Zuko: The safety of the crew doesn't matter! Finding the Avatar is far more important than any individual's safety.

"When an INFP has adopted a project or job which they're interested in, it usually becomes a "cause" for them. Although they are not detail-oriented individuals, they will cover every possible detail with determination and vigor when working for their "cause"."

Quote from: The Chase
Azula: (covering the left side of her face in an imitation of Zuko) ‘I must find the Avatar to restore my honor.'

Quote from: The Warriors of Kyoshi
(Zuko looks down at the map marked with circled Xs and dotted lines connecting the reported Avatar sightings. The lines zigzag all over the landmass drawings.)

Zuko: He is clearly a master of evasive maneuvering.

"INFPs have very high standards and are perfectionists. Consequently, they are usually hard on themselves, and don't give themselves enough credit."

Quote from: The Siege of the North Part 2
You're like my sister. Everything always came easy to her. She's a firebending prodigy, and everyone adores her. My father says she was born lucky. He says I was lucky to be born.

"They may be awkard and uncomfortable with expressing themselves verbally, but have a wonderful ability to define and express what they're feeling on paper."

Quote from: Tales of Ba Sing Se
Zuko: You have... quite an appetite for a girl.
Jin: Um, thanks? So, Lee, where were you and your Uncle living before you came here?
Zuko: Um, well, we've been traveling around for a long time.
Jin: Oh! Why were you traveling so much?
Zuko: We were uh, a part of this traveling circus.
Jin: Really? What did you do- Wait, let me guess. You juggled!

(Zuko, arms folded, pauses for a moment before responding.)

Zuko: Yes. I juggled.

Quote from:  The Boiling Rock Part 2
Mai: Dear Mai, I'm sorry you had to find out this way, but I'm leaving. –

Azula – ENTJ

"They have a drive for leadership, which is well-served by their quickness to grasp complexities, their ability to absorb a large amount of impersonal information, and their quick and decisive judgments."

Quote from: The Boiling Rock Part 2
Ty Lee: They're about to cut the line!
Azula: (looks over at gondola passing the other way) Then it's time to leave.

Quote from: The Chase
(Cut to Azula, who sees that her uncle is distracted as figures out the connection between the earthbender and the Avatar's party. Taking advantage of this, she strikes her uncle with a blast of blue fire square in the chest.)

Quote from: The Crossroads of Destiny
Azula: ... True power, the divine right to rule, is something you're born with.

"ENTJs naturally have little patience with people who do not see things the same way as the ENTJ."

Quote from: The Crossroads of Destiny
Azula: If I sense any disloyalty, any hesitation, any weakness at all, I will snuff it out.

Quote from: The Avatar State
Azula: And if I were to have you thrown overboard, would the tides think twice about smashing you against the rocky shore?
Captain: No, Princess.
Azula: Well, then, maybe you should worry less about the tides who've already made up their mind about killing you and worry more about me, who's still mulling it over.

"They are usually tremendously forceful personalities, and have the tools to accomplish whatever goals they set out for."

I don't think I even need to bring in examples for this one. Tongue

"Because the world of feelings and values is not where the ENTJ naturally functions, they may sometimes make value judgments and hold onto submerged emotions which are ill-founded and inappropriate, and will cause them problems - sometimes rather serious problems."

Quote from: The Beach
Azula: I could sit here and complain how our mom liked Zuko more than me, but I don't really care. My own mother thought I was a monster. . . . She was right, of course, but it still hurt.

+

More on the other characters to come from me, eventually. Smiley I want to hear what everyone else thinks now.

I keep Zuko's letter to Mai, the golden dragon egg, Mai's tea shop outfit, and Suki's ability to defy gravity.
taffy0823
Unphotogenic Avatar

My New Obsession

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008 09:55 pm »

Wow, you've really put a lot of thought and time into this. Pretty interesting stuff you have here. If I had more time I'd try to add something productive to this conversation, but since I don't, I'll just say, Great job, Aurora. I look forward to seeing how you analyze the other characters.

Keeper of Zuko's defiant breath
MaryS-NJ
Unphotogenic Avatar

mshepnj
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008 09:57 pm »

I love the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator. I'm an INFP. It's think these are interesting observations about Zuko and Azula. Zuko's behaviors in the first season showed a lot of conflict (if he is in fact an INFP), with the rashness and temper. It's not surprising though if his idealism was misdirected. Now he seems more at peace with himself.

It's just my humble opinion...
Keeper of Zuko's formerly buff physique.
Keeper of Sokka's "The Universe just loves proving me wrong!"
Archaes8
Unphotogenic Avatar

Fluff

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008 10:02 pm »

That is incredible! I've never looked at it that way. Good work, it's a keeper.

iKp: Toph\\\'s caring for Zuko, Loopai, and Mai\\\'s happy face.
Ehecatzin
Unphotogenic Avatar

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008 10:03 pm »

I think there's a quiz somewhere in the net to get your personality traits, and would par you with the most similar Avatar character...I was Iroh.
Archaes8
Unphotogenic Avatar

Fluff

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008 10:07 pm »

I'm a smack cross between ENFP, INTP, and INTJ. I have feature from each. ENFP is most like me, and the other 2 are secondary.

Ty Lee is also a ENFP, I knew her and I could be BF and GF!!! XD (Jp)

The Inspirer

As an ENFP, your primary mode of living is focused externally, where you take things in primarily via your intuition. Your secondary mode is internal, where you deal with things according to how you feel about them, or how they fit in with your personal value system.

ENFPs are warm, enthusiastic people, typically very bright and full of potential. They live in the world of possibilities, and can become very passionate and excited about things. Their enthusiasm lends them the ability to inspire and motivate others, more so than we see in other types. They can talk their way in or out of anything. They love life, seeing it as a special gift, and strive to make the most out of it.

ENFPs have an unusually broad range of skills and talents. They are good at most things which interest them. Project-oriented, they may go through several different careers during their lifetime. To onlookers, the ENFP may seem directionless and without purpose, but ENFPs are actually quite consistent, in that they have a strong sense of values which they live with throughout their lives. Everything that they do must be in line with their values. An ENFP needs to feel that they are living their lives as their true Self, walking in step with what they believe is right. They see meaning in everything, and are on a continuous quest to adapt their lives and values to achieve inner peace. They're constantly aware and somewhat fearful of losing touch with themselves. Since emotional excitement is usually an important part of the ENFP's life, and because they are focused on keeping "centered", the ENFP is usually an intense individual, with highly evolved values.

An ENFP needs to focus on following through with their projects. This can be a problem area for some of these individuals. Unlike other Extraverted types, ENFPs need time alone to center themselves, and make sure they are moving in a direction which is in sync with their values. ENFPs who remain centered will usually be quite successful at their endeavors. Others may fall into the habit of dropping a project when they become excited about a new possibility, and thus they never achieve the great accomplishments which they are capable of achieving.

Most ENFPs have great people skills. They are genuinely warm and interested in people, and place great importance on their inter-personal relationships. ENFPs almost always have a strong need to be liked. Sometimes, especially at a younger age, an ENFP will tend to be "gushy" and insincere, and generally "overdo" in an effort to win acceptance. However, once an ENFP has learned to balance their need to be true to themselves with their need for acceptance, they excel at bringing out the best in others, and are typically well-liked. They have an exceptional ability to intuitively understand a person after a very short period of time, and use their intuition and flexibility to relate to others on their own level.

Because ENFPs live in the world of exciting possibilities, the details of everyday life are seen as trivial drudgery. They place no importance on detailed, maintenance-type tasks, and will frequently remain oblivous to these types of concerns. When they do have to perform these tasks, they do not enjoy themselves. This is a challenging area of life for most ENFPs, and can be frustrating for ENFP's family members.

An ENFP who has "gone wrong" may be quite manipulative - and very good it. The gift of gab which they are blessed with makes it naturally easy for them to get what they want. Most ENFPs will not abuse their abilities, because that would not jive with their value systems.

ENFPs sometimes make serious errors in judgment. They have an amazing ability to intuitively perceive the truth about a person or situation, but when they apply judgment to their perception, they may jump to the wrong conclusions.

ENFPs who have not learned to follow through may have a difficult time remaining happy in marital relationships. Always seeing the possibilities of what could be, they may become bored with what actually is. The strong sense of values will keep many ENFPs dedicated to their relationships. However, ENFPs like a little excitement in their lives, and are best matched with individuals who are comfortable with change and new experiences.

Having an ENFP parent can be a fun-filled experience, but may be stressful at times for children with strong Sensing or Judging tendancies. Such children may see the ENFP parent as inconsistent and difficult to understand, as the children are pulled along in the whirlwind life of the ENFP. Sometimes the ENFP will want to be their child's best friend, and at other times they will play the parental authoritarian. But ENFPs are always consistent in their value systems, which they will impress on their children above all else, along with a basic joy of living.

ENFPs are basically happy people. They may become unhappy when they are confined to strict schedules or mundane tasks. Consequently, ENFPs work best in situations where they have a lot of flexibility, and where they can work with people and ideas. Many go into business for themselves. They have the ability to be quite productive with little supervision, as long as they are excited about what they're doing.

Because they are so alert and sensitive, constantly scanning their environments, ENFPs often suffer from muscle tension. They have a strong need to be independent, and resist being controlled or labelled. They need to maintain control over themselves, but they do not believe in controlling others. Their dislike of dependence and suppression extends to others as well as to themselves.

ENFPs are charming, ingenuous, risk-taking, sensitive, people-oriented individuals with capabilities ranging across a broad spectrum. They have many gifts which they will use to fulfill themselves and those near them, if they are able to remain centered and master the ability of following through.

THIS IS SOOOOO ME!!!

Page Claim for Aurora in godmode!! Wink
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008 10:11 pm by Archaes8 » Logged

Aurora
Unphotogenic Avatar

The truth? About what?

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008 10:10 pm »

I think there's a quiz somewhere in the net to get your personality traits, and would par you with the most similar Avatar character...I was Iroh.

'Kay, let me reiterate what I said in my above post: this topic is NOT for discussing the results on any quiz you may have taken, or what type you are. If you want to bring up what type Iroh was in that quiz and why you agree/disagree with the association, that's fine, but SMBH has made it clear to me that discussing quiz results is not what this topic is for.

Zuko's behaviors in the first season showed a lot of conflict (if he is in fact an INFP), with the rashness and temper. It's not surprising though if his idealism was misdirected. Now he seems more at peace with himself.

That's what I figured. Zuko had issues finding the right "cause," but "I must capture the Avatar!" didn't fit with his inner morals (though he denied it) and it caused him to feel very, very confused. Tongue

Ty Lee is also a ENFP, I knew her and I could be BF and GF!!! XD (Jp)

Really? I always thought Ty Lee would be an ESFP, them being called the "Entertainers."
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008 10:12 pm by Aurora » Logged

I keep Zuko's letter to Mai, the golden dragon egg, Mai's tea shop outfit, and Suki's ability to defy gravity.
Archaes8
Unphotogenic Avatar

Fluff

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008 10:13 pm »

Can she be both? Like a..uuhhhh..a mut?

Aevium
Unphotogenic Avatar

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008 10:16 pm »

Wow, is this ever interesting! Great job Aurora!

I'm excited to see what you think the others are. I'm trying to decide myself...I'm thinking Katara or Aang (or both) could be ISFJs, or...hm. I'll have to look at this some more, but unfortunately I have to get to bed.  Sad

This also showed me my personality type! INFJ, apparently the rarest one. Cool! Grin

Proud shipper of Tokka!
Aurora
Unphotogenic Avatar

The truth? About what?

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008 10:17 pm »

Can she be both? Like a..uuhhhh..a mut?

No, people are almost always just one type. Tongue They can have an X as one of their traits if they're smack in the middle, but that usually only happens once (for example, IxTJ is rare, but FAR more common than xxxJ).

Here's some information on the ESFP:

"They are lively and fun, and enjoy being the center of attention. They live in the here-and-now, and relish excitement and drama in their lives."
"They are very observant about other people, and seem to sense what is wrong with someone before others might, responding warmly with a solution to a practical need. They might not be the best advice-givers in the world, because they dislike theory and future-planning, but they are great for giving practical care."
"For the ESFP, the entire world is a stage. They love to be the center of attention and perform for people."
"In general, they take great pleasure in objects of aesthetic beauty."
"ESFP is unfailingly warm and generous with their friends, and they generally treat everyone as a friend. However, once crosesed, an ESFP is likely to make a very strong and stubborn judgment against the person who crossed them. They are capable of deep dislike in such a situation."

I that fits Ty Lee like a glove. ^^

Archaes8
Unphotogenic Avatar

Fluff

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008 10:18 pm »

Yeah, I guess, but there are quite a few things from ENFP that fit her really well too D:

Aurora
Unphotogenic Avatar

The truth? About what?

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008 10:20 pm »

Yeah, I guess, but there are quite a few things from ENFP that fit her really well too D:

The huge difference between the ENFP and the ESFP is that the ENFP is future-oriented, while the ESFP is deeply rooted in the present. We never hear Ty Lee talk about the future very often, and she seems to revel in the here-and-now, so I figure she's an ESFP. Smiley

Archaes8
Unphotogenic Avatar

Fluff

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2008 10:22 pm »

Well, I guess you convinced me...so much for being her secret bf T_T...XD Still I'm so glad I found my persona!

carli113
Unphotogenic Avatar

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2008 12:47 am »

I love how you did this aurora! I always thought it would be cool if someone did! Any I was looking at the analyzing you did, and I completely agree with Azula. But Zuko, no. Infp's are very humanitarian. (My sister's one!) And Zuko's not very humanitarian. But I love how you put in the effort to research this.

Plus Zuko does not avoid conflict, if anything, he seeks it. And he's spontaneous, Infp's are not.

I believe his first letters are IN, since he looks to the future, T because he's obsessive, and J because he is always quick to judge. Although I'm debating the T since he acts on feelings.
Nandireya
Unphotogenic Avatar

The pouty Disillusioned Water Tribe Tot

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2008 02:20 am »

*ahem*

by bobangeba - click to enlarge

The Road Less Travelled Duty
Keeps Zuko's Path to Redemption and "I'm Never Happy"
Sunshine State
Unphotogenic Avatar

What's with all the weird cliques on ASN?

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2008 04:08 am »

^ That's cool.

Aang = perfect ENFP. Aurora, you are becoming more and more legendary by the day. I may have to make a statue of you.

If anyone finds the Duckabilly empire on Spore, that's me!
By the way, I make graphics.
Owl
Unphotogenic Avatar

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2008 04:48 am »

Infp's are very humanitarian. (My sister's one!) And Zuko's not very humanitarian.

Really?

Quote from: The Storm
Zuko (jumping up): You can't sacrifice an entire division like that! Those soldiers love and defend our nation! How can you betray them?

Quote from: Siege of the North, Part 2
(Cut to a long shot of the bridge. The essence of the Ocean Spirit approaches fast and coalesces around the bridge. It grabs Zhao and begins to pull him off the bridge. Zhao struggles and Zuko reaches out for him.)

Zuko: Take my hand!

Quote from: Zuko Alone
Zuko: It doesn't matter who I am, but I know who you are. You're not soldiers. (cut to a shot of Zuko's face) You're bullies. Freeloaders, abusing your power. Mostly over women and kids. You don't want Lee in your army. You're sick cowards messing with a family who's already lost one son to the war.

Quote from: Day of Black Sun, Part 2: The Eclipse
Zuko: No, I've learnt everything! And I had to learn it on my own. Growing up, we were taught that the Fire Nation was the greatest civilization in history and somehow, the war was our way of sharing our greatness with the rest of the world. What an amazing lie that was. The people of the world are terrified by the Fire Nation! They don't see our greatness, they hate us! And we deserve it. We've created an era of fear in the world. And if we don't want the world to destroy itself, we need to replace it with an era of peace and kindness.

And he's spontaneous, Infp's are not.

Actually, I thought the P's are spontaneous and J's are more planning...

Personally, I agree that Zuko's an INFP. I'll admit I might just be saying that because it happens to be my personality type and he's my favorite character, so I think it'd be cool...but it does make sense. This description of INFPs is actually eerily similar to Zuko...note the last paragraph. All the stuff about family and "good vs. evil" in particular.

I could probably write up a much better argument for it but I really should be finishing up my homework and going to bed right now...-.-

I am not obsessed with Avatar. I am in love with it.
owldee on tumblr
korra nation
Aurora
Unphotogenic Avatar

The truth? About what?

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2008 11:17 am »

psst- I actually linked that in the original post xD I grabbed the image from an old post of yours.

I love how you did this aurora! I always thought it would be cool if someone did! Any I was looking at the analyzing you did, and I completely agree with Azula. But Zuko, no. Infp's are very humanitarian. (My sister's one!) And Zuko's not very humanitarian. But I love how you put in the effort to research this.

Plus Zuko does not avoid conflict, if anything, he seeks it. And he's spontaneous, Infp's are not.

I believe his first letters are IN, since he looks to the future, T because he's obsessive, and J because he is always quick to judge. Although I'm debating the T since he acts on feelings.

Actually, INFPs tend to get obsessive about specific things. I myself am an INFP and I always have to have an obsession about something or I simply can't function. And it's never a quick obsession; my obsessions can last from two months to two years. To me that sounds a lot like Zuko's obsession with finding the Avatar.

Zuko, spontaneous? Undecided I don't know about that one. Do you have any examples?

Also, no, Zuko was not always humanitarian, but neither are any INFPs. We walk a fine line between being selfish and selfless; you could say we're both at the same time. The INFP is always trying to figure out what (s)he can do to better humanity, but (s)he wants to feel fulfilled and serving his/her purpose as well.

Also, INFPs do sometimes turn against humanity in anger. Here's an example.

Aurora, you are becoming more and more legendary by the day. I may have to make a statue of you.

o___O

It's a good thing you have no idea what I look like, then.

Aang = perfect ENFP.

I'm positive Aang's an extrovert, but I have no idea about the rest. I guess it makes sense for the Avatar to be an Idealist (NF), but... hmm. I really don't know. I haven't looked into the gAang's personalities yet.

Sunshine State
Unphotogenic Avatar

What's with all the weird cliques on ASN?

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2008 01:47 pm »

o___O

It's a good thing you have no idea what I look like, then.

XD sorry if that creeped you out. Yeah, I'm not very good at the whole personality thing, I just thought ENFP looked quite Aang-ish, and on the chart Nandireya posted the ENFP was next to a picture of Aang. 

If anyone finds the Duckabilly empire on Spore, that's me!
By the way, I make graphics.
Owl
Unphotogenic Avatar

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2008 05:15 pm »

Zuko, spontaneous? Undecided I don't know about that one. Do you have any examples?

He's impulsive - acts on his emotions. "Uncle always said I never thought things through..." (Zuko, TBR)

But Ps are spontaneous - J's plan things out. So it still fits...

Plus Zuko does not avoid conflict, if anything, he seeks it.

This is one thing I didn't get to respond to last night. INFP's try to avoid conflict by pleasing others. Zuko was trying to please his father by hunting Aang. "For so long, all I wanted was you to love me, to accept me. I thought it was my honor that I wanted but really, I was just trying to please you." (Zuko, DoBS) Sounds just like an INFP. (Once again, read the last paragraph of this and you'll see the similarities.)

Actually, INFPs tend to get obsessive about specific things. I myself am an INFP and I always have to have an obsession about something or I simply can't function. And it's never a quick obsession; my obsessions can last from two months to two years. To me that sounds a lot like Zuko's obsession with finding the Avatar.

Hmm...is it INFP to think of Zuko as an INFP, or what?xD And oh my...I really am Zuko. I'm obsessed with the Avatar (show)! It's all coming together now...xD

owldee on tumblr
korra nation
Aurora
Unphotogenic Avatar

The truth? About what?

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2008 05:21 pm »

Plus Zuko does not avoid conflict, if anything, he seeks it.

This is one thing I didn't get to respond to last night. INFP's try to avoid conflict by pleasing others. Zuko was trying to please his father by hunting Aang. "For so long, all I wanted was you to love me, to accept me. I thought it was my honor that I wanted but really, I was just trying to please you." (Zuko, DoBS) Sounds just like an INFP. (Once again, read the last paragraph of this and you'll see the similarities.)

Also, the only moments I can think of in which Zuko seeks conflict is when one of his inner "rules" are broken, and INFPs are prone to doing that.

Actually,
Hmm...is it INFP to think of Zuko as an INFP, or what?xD And oh my...I really am Zuko. I'm obsessed with the Avatar (show)! It's all coming together now...xD

I think INFPs are the ones who are the most interested in the MBTI, because of our interest in  learning about ourselves and other people (and/or fictional characters Tongue), so we all end up frequenting topics like this. xD

But to be compared to Zuko? I'm not sure if that's the greatest thing, considering his life. Tongue

Owl
Unphotogenic Avatar

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2008 05:38 pm »

I think INFPs are the ones who are the most interested in the MBTI, because of our interest in  learning about ourselves and other people (and/or fictional characters Tongue), so we all end up frequenting topics like this. xD

Yeah - wasn't Isabel Meyers an INFP herself?

But to be compared to Zuko? I'm not sure if that's the greatest thing, considering his life. Tongue

Well, you make a good point. I've actually been thinking about this all day... It's interesting...Zuko's a portrayal of how messed up an INFP can get in certain situations... I wonder if my dad (who luckily for me is also an INFP) were an abusive, firebending dictator, how I would have turned out. Scary thought. But...I still in a way think it's cool to be the same type as Zuko - now I know why I feel I can relate to his character so well. It's interesting...cause at first when thinking about his type I thought he'd be an Idealist, but I didn't jump right to INFP. But it really does fit.

owldee on tumblr
korra nation
The Elephant Penguin
Unphotogenic Avatar

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2008 07:59 pm »

This is really interesting  Grin . I'm not quite sure whether I'm an INTJ or an INTP, the test I've taken said both...

About that character chart picture, I'll be thinking it through later, but what really struck me is that they put Jet as an INTJ... seems really strange, definitely not what I'd have said about Jet.
Loopy
Unphotogenic Avatar

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2008 08:03 pm »

Yeah, that was my thought as well when I saw it. Jet does not at all strike me as the Mastermind personality, but I haven't gone through all the personality descriptions yet in order to suggest an alternative. I think they just needed a prominent character for that slot on the chart, and he was the one who was left.

by Maivry
Quote from: Ikkin
[Roku] tried to push the conflict [with Sozin] out of mind instead of confronting it before it spiraled out of control. (In a way, his style of being Avatar was a lot like Mako's style of handling romantic conflicts xD
The Elephant Penguin
Unphotogenic Avatar

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2008 08:18 pm »

How about Long Feng? It doesn't seem like an instant perfect match, and I don't really like comparing me to Long Feng  Wink , but he fits a few points...

INTJs live in the world of ideas and strategic planning. They value intelligence, knowledge, and competence, and typically have high standards in these regards, which they continuously strive to fulfill. To a somewhat lesser extent, they have similar expectations of others.
His whole Dai Li stuff is very well organized, it definitely needs some planning to keep it up.
INTJs spend a lot of time inside their own minds, and may have little interest in the other people's thoughts or feelings.
Yep, definitely... he doesn't seem to care about other people a lot. He's driven by his ego.
INTJs are natural leaders, although they usually choose to remain in the background until they see a real need to take over the lead. When they are in leadership roles, they are quite effective, because they are able to objectively see the reality of a situation, and are adaptable enough to change things which aren't working well. They are the supreme strategists - always scanning available ideas and concepts and weighing them against their current strategy, to plan for every conceivable contingency.
I struggle a bit there, because his downfall was pretty much caused by his overestimating his strategies. I still think though that this is what he wanted to do, even if he failed.
The INTJ's interest in dealing with the world is to make decisions, express judgments, and put everything that they encounter into an understandable and rational system. Consequently, they are quick to express judgments. Often they have very evolved intuitions, and are convinced that they are right about things.
Yup, pretty much - unluckily for him the things that he thought he was right about included that there was noone better than him...
INTJs have a tremendous amount of ability to accomplish great things. They have insight into the Big Picture, and are driven to synthesize their concepts into solid plans of action.
I'd say that his keeping a whole city under his control is a great thing and requires insight.

Now that I've tried to apply it to Long Feng, how about Ozai? We're looking for an INTJ, that is basically the introverted counterpart to Azula... I fear we don't know that much about Ozai, so he might as well be an S or an F, I'm not sure.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: