May 29, 2017 04:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Zuko more Evil than Azula?  (Read 11866 times)
ThaiOzai
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #25 on: Apr 25, 2008 05:15 am »

As a matter of fact, Zuko is more evil. 

All Azula has done is obey her Firelord by trying to bring two traitors to justice, defeat a group of dangerous individuals bent on destroying her Nation (not to mention assasinating her own family), and end a century long war of pain and suffering.

Some of Zuko's crimes are justified by the war, but some, like attacking and possibly killing some of his own people, along with being partially responsible for the death of an Admiral, are acts of high treason.
Zombie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Still Shambling

« Reply #26 on: Apr 25, 2008 06:14 am »

Btw, you should make a comparison between the fire siblings in one post Zombie.

A worthy suggestion. However the list of Zuko's misdeeds is so long I don't think it is really feasible.

In Bato of the Water Tribe we see Zuko's elitist attitude - "Step aside filth!" is how he addresses the patrons of a teahouse. Later in the same episode he shows no hesitation whatsoever in destroying an abbey that houses peaceful nuns.

In The Siege of the North Zuko once again shows his class bias, deriding Katara as a peasant during their battle. Later in the battle he attacks her from behind. Very honourable isn't he, our loveable fire prince.

In The Avatar State, rather than go home to face the consequences of his treachery and incompetence, Zuko attacks his sister, producing a pair of lethal looking fire knives while she still has her back turned, and then charges over to attack her. She was trying to arrest him, so he decided to attack his little sister with fire knives. And people complain that she tried to zap him with lightning? He was the first to turn to a dangerous firebending technique, and he threw the first attack. He has only himself to blame.

@ enma
Yeah, I will go into an analysis of the raging vortex of destruction that is Toph in the 'Is Aang more Evil than the Fire Nation' thread, very soon.
« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2008 06:36 am by Zombie » Logged

av by Fire_Princess sig by Shootingstar
Art of the Living Dead
Sunshine State
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

What's with all the weird cliques on ASN?

« Reply #27 on: Apr 25, 2008 09:12 am »

Uhhh... nahh. The Aang one was funny. This one is just obvious... we know Zuko was evil, it's been the focus of the past 2 seasons. Plus Azula wasn't there till the very end of season 1 so he was the main "bad guy" in the areas you're focusing on. Then she turned up, usurped his place and he became a relatively "good" guy. You can't really compare them.

Azula was a nasty little brat in Zuko Alone, not evil.

No. She was evil. XD

If anyone finds the Duckabilly empire on Spore, that's me!
By the way, I make graphics.
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #28 on: Apr 25, 2008 09:19 am »

is this another one of those sarcastic threads? great.

I can't wait for Zuko meeting up with Song, and the rest of season 2. his impressive list of crimes only gets longer!
but I have to agree with Selofain here, I can't do it as good as you... so, go Zombie! Grin

ps. you forgot to mention bringing down Roku's temple... Wink

Aeirs
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #29 on: Apr 25, 2008 09:23 am »

My only comment is:

His mother disappeared when he was ten years old. His father and his sister hate/tormented him while she wasn't there to protect him. THEN at thirteen his father challenges him to an Agni Kai and scars him, then banishes him for not wanting to fight his own flesh and blood. When all he was trying to do was protect innocent and probably young, fire nation citizens.

THEN for three years he wanders the four nations, looking for someone who hasn't been seen in a century.

I'm sorry, but by three years latter, you would be bitter and crule too. At least he's trying to mack up for it.

Sig credit to GreyFable
Aurora
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The truth? About what?

« Reply #30 on: Apr 25, 2008 10:40 am »

Toph is suspected by some to have killed Xin Fu and Master Yu in a really slow and painful way, and even if she didn't, she still left them in a place with no food or water, and no way out.

lol. remember in the fight at the beginning of TEK? she's just smashing innocent earth kingdom soldiers left and right.

^thats at least 15 people paralyzed from the waist down...

According to M&B, those guys survived and lived happy lives. Grin

They just couldn't walk... ever again.

I keep Zuko's letter to Mai, the golden dragon egg, Mai's tea shop outfit, and Suki's ability to defy gravity.
Pictomancer
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #31 on: Apr 25, 2008 12:15 pm »

Sarcasm aside, Zuko wasn't really evil. Due to his status and banishment, he was haughty, arrogant, bitter, selfish, impatient, desperate, short-tempered - and those pretty much cover the causes of everything he'd done. Not to say those kinds of things excuse his behaviour, but they're a long way from "evil." When he took the time to think about and get over those kinds of things, he'd hesitate or do the right thing in the end.

Switch him out with Azula and see how differently things would have played out. She wouldn't have (eventually) put the needs of her ship's crew ahead of a mission or saved any of their lives (in fact, she blatantly threatened the opposite). She wouldn't have kept her word about not harming the SWT's village if they handed over the Avatar. She wouldn't have gone back to save Iroh even after an ultimatum. She wouldn't have hesitated to attack a pregnant couple for their food. Had she woken up to discover some kid had run off with her weapons to play, Lee would've been charcoal.
RWB
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #32 on: Apr 25, 2008 05:08 pm »

Sarcasm aside, Zuko wasn't really evil. Due to his status and banishment, he was haughty, arrogant, bitter, selfish, impatient, desperate, short-tempered - and those pretty much cover the causes of everything he'd done. Not to say those kinds of things excuse his behaviour, but they're a long way from "evil." When he took the time to think about and get over those kinds of things, he'd hesitate or do the right thing in the end.

He still killed that fire nation guard. And at the time, the only thing he was caring about was not to let Zhao steal "his honor".

"I made [my money] on the seas, and in the mines, and in the cattle wars of the old frontier! I made it by being tougher than the toughies, and smarter than the smarties! And I made it square!" -Scrooge Mc Duck
Tamerlan Pahlavi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Selam, Sahib

« Reply #33 on: Apr 25, 2008 05:13 pm »

Zuko was angry, frustrated and wanted to go home...and he was prepared to do anything to get there...that doesn't make him evil...it just makes him human.

Just one thing I'd like to point out: evil IS human. Humans are BOTH good and evil. Call me an atheist but I don't believe there's an otherworldly source of evil that consumes human and forces them to act against their nature, because evil is in the humans nature no matter how cruel. We're all born with the potential to do both good and evil (which was even pointed out in episode 306), whether side we choose is ultimately our responsibility no matter the influences from outside.

That said, Azula choose to be evil while Zuko ultimately decided the other way. He does feel sorry for the things he did (and they were evil) while Azula does not... yet.

All my written material is free of any and all copyright, it can be used freely for everyone's inspiration
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Aang has evidently discovered Fanfiction.net.

« Reply #34 on: Apr 25, 2008 05:28 pm »

People......Relax.  No worries, this is a joke topic.  I find it quite amusing. Grin

Keeper of Roku's "Have a cookie!".

"Cute and bada** don't mix.  The ONLY person I've ever seen who can pull off cute and bada** at the same time is Toph.  And I'm not even sure how she manages to do it.  It doesn't make sense."~Fate, ASN member.
Tamerlan Pahlavi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Selam, Sahib

« Reply #35 on: Apr 25, 2008 05:40 pm »

Which doesn't mean we can't discuss serious things with humor. Both of your threads have great potential for giving more insight into the characters apart from being funny Zombie Cheesy.

All my written material is free of any and all copyright, it can be used freely for everyone's inspiration
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #36 on: Apr 25, 2008 08:37 pm »

^ yeah, but there are, like, 15 threads out there that discuss Zuko's complex character/choices/future/change of heart/you name it. Roll Eyes

I'd say we should keep this one for jokes and employ the others for serious discussion.

azulozai0812
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #37 on: Apr 25, 2008 09:31 pm »

ps. you forgot to mention bringing down Roku's temple... Wink
um, I don't get it. Zuko did not destroy Roku's temple, Roku did it.
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #38 on: Apr 25, 2008 09:57 pm »

^ yeah, but if Zuko hadn't led Zhao there, the gAang could just have walked in and out again. it's not as if they would have needed some uber destructive AS outburst against some mere fire sages. Roll Eyes

Cheesy
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2008 01:09 am by NeeNee » Logged

Saucebender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #39 on: Apr 25, 2008 10:24 pm »

OK, Zombie.  Since most people on this thread aren't "getting it" I will have a go.

Of course ZuZu is more evil!  Look at that when they were kids.  Poor little sister Azula just wants to play with her big brother.  If her friends see her playing with her big brother they will think she's cool and popular, like him.  He was so cool, he was too cool to even hang out with boys his own age.  Just him and Princess Ursa, that's how cool he was.

Then when sweet little Azula asks to play with him, he makes fun of her.  He won't even do a few cartwheels w/his baby sis, probably too cool for cartwheels.  But precious Azula kindly corrects him, saying that cartwheels are not a game - and calls him by the loving pet name she has for him, "Dum Dum."  Then, after being forced to play, Zuko viciously attacks one of Azula's dearest friends, knocking her into the fountain.  Poor little Mai could've gotten hurt!  And I'm sure she was embarassed.  Azula was just trying to get her brother to hang out with Mai 'cause she knew Mai was crunchin' on him.  Even Ty Lee agreed that they would make a good couple.  And how does Zuko react to that?  "Girls are crazy!"  Nice.  Evil and sexist.

Then later on, after Azula kindly suggests he stop playing with the knife because he really isn't improving, he threatens her.  He tells her to put an apple on her head and she'd see how good he is!  But he knows he's no good, he's obviously looking for an excuse to throw a knife at his baby sister.  He also tries to steal her thunder at the meeting with their grandfather, then calls her a liar when she is just trying to warn him of the danger that he is in.

Azula only has loving nicknames for her brother, like "ZuZu" and "Dum Dum."

Many thanks to Sunshine State for my awesome sig!
Tamerlan Pahlavi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Selam, Sahib

« Reply #40 on: Apr 26, 2008 05:01 am »

Nice post, Azula might have had good intentions towards Zuko but expressed them the wrong way. As for an comparison, it might be good to list the good things Azula did...

OK, I got one: "Everything she does not can be viewed as a good deed."

Dark Nemesis
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #41 on: Apr 26, 2008 07:52 am »

Zuko is the most evil character... Heres the proof:

In DOBS: The eclipse, he could easily had killed the MOST EVIL VILLAIN THE ENTIRE SERIES, but instead, he lets a twelve-years old kid do the dirt job...

Thanks to Aurora for this one.
Keeper of Zuko's "FINE!" and FL Ozai's Fall.
Pact of the Avatards.
Geist
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #42 on: Apr 26, 2008 08:50 am »

Some of Zuko's crimes are justified by the war, but some, like attacking and possibly killing some of his own people, along with being partially responsible for the death of an Admiral, are acts of high treason.
Wouldn't you interpret that Admiral's deed of trying to assasinate the crown prince first as something like treason as well?

On topic... the most evil one is Sokka. He laughs at the sight of plain brutality in The Blind Bandit. And that satisfied look in his eyes... how's that not evil??

Keeper of Aang's delighted 'Appa!!' and Sokka's 'Sneak Attack!!'

Lunar Goodness for everyone!
ThaiOzai
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #43 on: Apr 26, 2008 09:46 am »

Wouldn't you interpret that Admiral's deed of trying to assasinate the crown prince first as something like treason as well?

On topic... the most evil one is Sokka. He laughs at the sight of plain brutality in The Blind Bandit. And that satisfied look in his eyes... how's that not evil??

It's not treason, because by that time, Zuko was a known traitor.
Geist
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #44 on: Apr 26, 2008 12:45 pm »

If that was so, Zhao would have contacted the Firelord and officially imprisoned Zuko and proven his treason, rather than secretly hiring some pirates to do the job without asking the Firelord for permission to eliminate his very son.

Keeper of Aang's delighted 'Appa!!' and Sokka's 'Sneak Attack!!'

Lunar Goodness for everyone!
ThaiOzai
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #45 on: Apr 26, 2008 10:41 pm »

If that was so, Zhao would have contacted the Firelord and officially imprisoned Zuko and proven his treason, rather than secretly hiring some pirates to do the job without asking the Firelord for permission to eliminate his very son.
Under normal circumstances, you're right, but Zhao was about to lead an invasion, which a traitor like Zuko could easily sabotage; which is what he did.  It was hasty, but not treasonous.
agentredd
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #46 on: Apr 27, 2008 10:24 am »

deleted
« Last Edit: Oct 22, 2012 04:54 pm by agentredd » Logged

I AM SORRY FOR ANY POST I HAVE EVER MADE I WAS 12 WHEN I MADE THIS ACCOUNT OK

http://lookanewurl.tumblr.com
justanotherzutarian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Hurray Ty Feens! Zutara and Taang FTW!

« Reply #47 on: Apr 27, 2008 10:49 am »

I think Azula could change if given the time.

Iroh has a lot to do with Zuko's transformation. If it had been Azula who was banished with Iroh, she would have eventually turned out okay. It would have taken a LOT longer than it took Zuko, but there is good in everyone (just like there is evil), sometimes it takes a while to surface. Tea is very hypnotic. I'm sure Iroh knows this, and used it constantly to turn Zuko good. Cheesy

keeper of Hakoda's Hair Beads, Sokka's snore, Momo's sleeping position, & Katara's shriek
Speedy_the_quik
Banned Clone Account
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #48 on: Apr 27, 2008 11:09 am »

I don't think Zuko is as evil as Azula, because:
Azula is CRUEL.
If it wasn't a kid show, she would have murdered AT LEAST ten people.
Zuko has been very kind at times, he didn't kill Appa when he had the chance, and Azula would.

Clone accounts = ban
Fate
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avvy made by caves.

« Reply #49 on: Apr 27, 2008 11:29 am »

I am laughing.  These threads are sucker-magnets.... it's funny just to sit back and watch how many people actually take this seriously.  That's half the fun of reading these.  I saw this thread for what is was after reading the first post of your Aang thread.  You are an absolute genius, Zombie. 

I look forward to your Toph thread.

In addition to all this, Zuko showed no sorrow when his grandfather died.  He just whined for his mommy, who was a murdering traitor anyway.
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: