Apr 27, 2017 10:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Zuko more Evil than Azula?  (Read 11626 times)
Zombie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Still Shambling

« on: Apr 24, 2008 06:56 pm »

Shall we examine the past of The Banished Prince?

Almost our very first glimpse of Zuko shows him demanding that his uncle teach him more complex techniques in a decidely threatening tone.
A short time later he enters a village populated solely by women and children (bar for one teenage boy), and threatens them with fire.
Upon discovering that Aang is the avatar, Zuko moves without hesitation into attacking the twelve year old child.

A short while later, he keeps the truth of the avatar's return secret, despite its importance to his nation's victory in the war, more interested in his own honour than in the fate of his people. He then challenges an officer in his own nation's military to a duel over a petty slight.

On the island of Kyoshi he and his men set much of the town aflame. How many could have been injured or killed by this? It doesn't seem like Zuko really gave a sh*t. Oh, and he mocks the Kyoshi warriors as 'little girls', just to throw a little sexism into the mix, along with the casual town destruction.

Much more to come...

av by Fire_Princess sig by Shootingstar
Art of the Living Dead
ZukosTurtleDuck
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm never happy...

« Reply #1 on: Apr 24, 2008 06:58 pm »

But Zuko wasn't always that way... Azula was always evil, as shown in 'Zuko Alone.'

Keeper of "Where is my mother?!"
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

av by nonamk, resized by me.

« Reply #2 on: Apr 24, 2008 07:32 pm »

NO!!   Shocked Azula was born Evil, has always been Evil, will always be Evil, til the End!

ULG,KLF

Sig by me. Brushes by Stephanie. my dA
I keep Kakashi's Anbu mask. Kakashi's sword & sweet lips.
Kaiser Avatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: Apr 24, 2008 07:33 pm »

Yeah, making a case against Zuko is a lot easier than against Aang.  Zuko was pretty evil in Season I.

I am faster than 80% of snakes.
Aurora
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The truth? About what?

« Reply #4 on: Apr 24, 2008 07:33 pm »

Not to mention, he defied all the laws of nature with his sudden hair growth! Angry

Seriously, Zuko should just be locked up forever.

I keep Zuko's letter to Mai, the golden dragon egg, Mai's tea shop outfit, and Suki's ability to defy gravity.
schellibie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Welcome to Day 255,642 aboard the Axiom!

« Reply #5 on: Apr 24, 2008 07:38 pm »

Not to mention, he defied all the laws of nature with his sudden hair growth! Angry

Seriously, Zuko should just be locked up forever.

xD

Anyways, the difference between Zuko and Azula is that he saw that he was wrong.

schelloopy trivia: WE FIGHT CRIME.

Hey ASNers! Because of marching band and school, I have a lot less time to hang out online... but I do update my LJ with all of my fanwork and goings-on!

Find me on LJ, BB. Wink
Zombie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Still Shambling

« Reply #6 on: Apr 24, 2008 07:44 pm »

But Zuko wasn't always that way... Azula was always evil, as shown in 'Zuko Alone.'

Azula was a nasty little brat in Zuko Alone, not evil. The stuff that Zuko has done, has been done while pretty much a grown man.

He threatens and roughs up a civilian at the end of The Spirit World to find out the Avatar's location. He then disobeys his own nation's laws, and his father's direct order and re-enters the Fire Nation.

In the Waterbending Scroll he first teams up with a bunch of ruthless pirates, then coerces them into finding Aang after they have fulfilled their end of the bargain by finding Katara. And he throws away Iroh's lotus tile in a fit of pique at the end.

In The Storm Zuko is shown in a flashback promising his uncle he wouldn't speak in the war room. What happens almost the instant he sits down?

In the Blue Spirit Zuko once again puts himself before his people, this time actually fighting the soldiers of the Fire Nation military to bust the Avatar out of captivity. While that alone was bad enough, after the Avatar saved him from being captured after he was knocked unconscious, Zuko promptly attacks his saviour.
« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2008 05:44 am by Zombie » Logged

av by Fire_Princess sig by Shootingstar
Art of the Living Dead
nerg101
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Apr 24, 2008 08:07 pm »

the difference between Zuko and Azula is that he saw that he was wrong.

That is very correct. You are truly evil if you feel no remorse for what you have done. Zuko knows he was wrong, and feels horrible about it. As shown in season 3, when Zuko goes to see his Uncle. You can tell he feels bad.

*insert witty and sarcastic siggy here*
candycane
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I think...I've become a shipper!

« Reply #8 on: Apr 24, 2008 08:29 pm »

Oh noes! Zuko's gonna get ripped apart! *closes eyes*

Yeah, he was pretty messed up for a while...but still not as evil as Azula.  Grin

The many looks of Zuzu
Keeper of:
The nickname Zuzu, Zuko's metamorphosis, Jet's messed up childhood, Sokka's tears
Chucklez
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Why So Serious?

« Reply #9 on: Apr 24, 2008 08:35 pm »

Zuko had it in him to be evil in season 1, mainly because he wanted to capture the avatar and restore his honour ( or love) so badly. But you guys forget when he Zuko also does good in season 1. Saving his crew members during the storm and choosing to dock at sea for the safety of his men rather then pursue the Gaang on their bison. But still, i'm sure season 2 and 3 confirms that he was just misguided. Thats all.

"As you can see. I'm a lot happier!"
=)
gonewiththewind17
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Asami, the nonbending swagbender

« Reply #10 on: Apr 24, 2008 08:42 pm »

Guys you know this is a joke thread.
Edit: He also stole a poor innocent cicilians horse. While they knidly trusted him to cure his uncle and feed him too. He also got into a fight with a loyal soldier in the Fn military.

“Until the day when God will deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is contained in these two words,—'Wait and hope.'”
 -Alexander Dumas, The Counte of Monte Cristo

Icon by Plushu Smiley
PicklexDreamer
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avvie by frozen!

« Reply #11 on: Apr 24, 2008 09:38 pm »

Zuko was not evil!

He was mislead. At the time of his banishment he was young and unexpirienced, he was raised in a way that the way your father loved you was on your accomplishments. So he did what he could to "earn" love, and in a Fire Nation Prince way, he would stop at nothing to get loved.

He came on strong because of all those influences around him.
I never thought him evil. So what, he made bad chpoices, but only to try and earn respect. He didn't know better. Besides, he let Aang go a few times.

Azula on the other hand is a mutant beast with no heart.
gonewiththewind17
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Asami, the nonbending swagbender

« Reply #12 on: Apr 24, 2008 09:42 pm »

^ Guys its a joke! Relax. Anyways Zuko also mocks Ty Lee when she apparently tries to comfort him and teasing her about here wildest desires. Even his honorable sister only laughed most likely out of pity at her brothers poor jokes or to be polite.

“Until the day when God will deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is contained in these two words,—'Wait and hope.'”
 -Alexander Dumas, The Counte of Monte Cristo

Icon by Plushu Smiley
karatekid34
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

avatar made by katarathewaterbender

« Reply #13 on: Apr 24, 2008 09:44 pm »

No Azula has done way more then Zuko to become evil. She has killed Aang. Zuko never killed anyone and he has told his dad he will join the Avatar and if he was really evil he wouldn't join the Avatar

Sign is GuitarFreak's..thanks for letting me us it Smiley
PicklexDreamer
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avvie by frozen!

« Reply #14 on: Apr 24, 2008 09:49 pm »

^ Guys its a joke! Relax. Anyways Zuko also mocks Ty Lee when she apparently tries to comfort him and teasing her about here wildest desires. Even his honorable sister only laughed most likely out of pity at her brothers poor jokes or to be polite.

Oh, how do you know?

But I still stand by what I said.
And mocking doesn't mean your evil, just mad.
Graynar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: Apr 24, 2008 10:40 pm »

In The Storm Zuko is shown in a flashback promising his uncle he wouldn't speak in the war room. What happens almost the instant he sits down?

How does this prove he's more evil than Azula? He spoke out because the Fire Nation wanted to send a ton of men to their deaths pointlessly! This was an act of goodness on Zuko's part.
Selofain
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am a worm on a cloud.

« Reply #16 on: Apr 24, 2008 10:48 pm »

As Evil (yes, with a capital E) as Zuko is, he could never match up with the insidious EVIL the Avatar has wrecked upon the world. Angry Why have we let that thread die? Expose the Avatar! Angry Angry

Since Zuko is on his way to team up with the Avatar, I'm afraid he's only digging himself into a bigger hole than before. Remember kids, the deepest circle in hell is reserved for mutineers and betrayers.

I've never used that smiley before. This is fun.

Keeper of Old Ba Sing Se and Piandao's sword mastery
Tamerlan Pahlavi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Selam, Sahib

« Reply #17 on: Apr 25, 2008 01:14 am »

Hey, if Zuko's bad deeds are a result of being misguided than it can apply to Azula too. I'm sure if Zuko had been as strong as his sister his father would've treated him in a similar manner as her: hard training, brainwashing, stuff... The result would be an evil bada**

But justifying evil is pretty silly, no explain can justify evil because it can't be justified. Understanding the motives of the evil doer can only give you a lead on how to help that person to redeem himself.

Btw, you should make a comparison between the fire siblings in one post Zombie.

All my written material is free of any and all copyright, it can be used freely for everyone's inspiration
Nandireya
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The pouty Disillusioned Water Tribe Tot

« Reply #18 on: Apr 25, 2008 01:23 am »

Zuko was angry, frustrated and wanted to go home...and he was prepared to do anything to get there...that doesn't make him evil...it just makes him human.

The Road Less Travelled Duty
Keeps Zuko's Path to Redemption and "I'm Never Happy"
RWB
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #19 on: Apr 25, 2008 01:23 am »

No Azula has done way more then Zuko to become evil. She has killed Aang. Zuko never killed anyone

Zuko killed a guy by kicking him down from a high place in  "The Blue spirit". A guard that hadn't been doing anything wrong... just guarded. Not to mention it was one of his countrymen.

Azula killed the number one enemy of her country.

Now which sounds like the nicer thing to do?

As for killing...

Aang in SotN(and other times), Katara in DoBS, Sokka was propably at least responsible for a bunch of deaths in "The Mechanist", Toph is suspected by some to have killed Xin Fu and Master Yu in a really slow and painful way, and even if she didn't, she still left them in a place with no food or water, and no way out.

Just wanted to point it out.

« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2008 01:28 am by RWB » Logged

"I made [my money] on the seas, and in the mines, and in the cattle wars of the old frontier! I made it by being tougher than the toughies, and smarter than the smarties! And I made it square!" -Scrooge Mc Duck
Nandireya
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The pouty Disillusioned Water Tribe Tot

« Reply #20 on: Apr 25, 2008 01:32 am »

With the possible acceptation of Aang, and that can be attributed to the ticked-off Tui, I don't know if anyone's actually killed anyone in the show...they probably just get big boo-boos.

The Road Less Travelled Duty
Keeps Zuko's Path to Redemption and "I'm Never Happy"
azulozai0812
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #21 on: Apr 25, 2008 01:34 am »

Azula is more evil than Zuko. Remember her actions in Zuko Alone? She doesn't appreciate the thing given to her and she sounds like she doesn't even care about Ursa's banishment.
masterofthebees
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Is it just me, or is Zuko lookin Sassssy?

« Reply #22 on: Apr 25, 2008 01:38 am »

Zuzu was the antagonist for the first season, he had to do some evil shizat or else what kinda villian would he be? The point is they always gave us glimpses of his humane side to show us he wasn't evil, and he's gone through a transformation to redeem himself. Azula on the other hand- will probably not be having an epiphany anytime soon causing her to change her ways.

sillies

-mook

moo moo moo moo moo moo i am a cow moo moo moo i have bells moo moo moo i am a cow
Selofain
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am a worm on a cloud.

« Reply #23 on: Apr 25, 2008 02:13 am »

*sigh* People...

^ Guys its a joke! Relax.

Oh, how do you know?

I'd like to point out the Is Aang more Evil than the Fire Nation? thread. This thread? Same thing. Although I admit, it's slightly less effective when Zuko was supposed to be "bad" in season one.

On-topic: *opens mouth* ...I got nuthin'. Take it away, Zombie. I can't do it as effectively as you can.

Keeper of Old Ba Sing Se and Piandao's sword mastery
enma
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #24 on: Apr 25, 2008 04:57 am »

Toph is suspected by some to have killed Xin Fu and Master Yu in a really slow and painful way, and even if she didn't, she still left them in a place with no food or water, and no way out.

lol. remember in the fight at the beginning of TEK? she's just smashing innocent earth kingdom soldiers left and right.

^thats at least 15 people paralyzed from the waist down...

^this bit is probably fatal.

i think the real villian here might be toph. she's a violent little girl...
Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: