Mar 24, 2019 03:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting things noticed in Avatar  (Read 879238 times)
Star Outlaw
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Are you okay?

« on: Mar 30, 2006 09:01 pm »

Okay, here's a thread where you can list all of the cool things you have noticed throughout Avatar. I'll start it off.

If you watch closely during the very first part of the opening, you will notice that the firebender looks alot like Azula. Also, the waterbender looks like he could be Pakku.

And, during 'The Deserter,' You can see a wanted sign for the Blue Spirit.
« Last Edit: Apr 14, 2006 04:04 pm by Psycho Silver » Logged

Check out my Avatar Music Videos.

I keep Pabu. Sig by LeonsKennedy4815
ignite444
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A Kataang shipper to the end!

« Reply #1 on: Mar 30, 2006 09:24 pm »

Okay, here's a thread where you can list all of the cool things you have noticed throughout Avatar. I'll start it off.

If you watch closely during the very first part of the opening, you will notice that the firebender looks alot like Azula. Also, the waterbender looks like he could be Pakku.

And, during 'The Deserter,' You can see a wanted sign for the Blue Spirit.

I noticed all those.

Hmm.. I'll have to go back and watch some episodes to see what I can point out.

Banner made by me, do not steal! If you want to use it, ask me first.

Join my site! Avatar Dream (New custom skin up!)
blah
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The+Fillibuster
« Reply #2 on: Mar 30, 2006 10:02 pm »

First avatar Roku spotting is actually in episode three, or so says Distant Horizons:

Quote from: Distant Horizon
In episode 3, The Southern Air Temple, one of Aang's new objectives was to find a way to talk to Avatar Roku (the Avatar before Aang), who supposedly could help him. The trouble with this is that Avatar Roku died over 100 years ago. So at the end of the episode Aang and co solemnly leave the Southern Air Temple, but... what's that in the sky? None of the characters take notice of it, but look how the clouds are shaped! All of the other clouds are soft and fluffy, but those in the top middle are more sharply shaped. You can clearly see a serpent-like body (like that of a dragon), and a person next to it with a topknot and beard, shoulders and even arms.

"If I were rain, that joins the sky and earth that otherwise never touch, could I join two hearts?" - Bleach
hureea
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Will you go penguin sledding with me?

« Reply #3 on: Apr 03, 2006 04:29 pm »

heres something ineterseting and I wonder of it is a mistake by the makers of the show. in epsiode 103 the avatar cycle shows that the avatar preceding Roku is a male, but in 201 it is a female (highly resembling and probably is Avatar Kyoshi). I think this a amistake because if it is avatar kyoshi that she would at most have existed 200-300 years ago most likely less than that, but as we know avatar kyoshi is 400 years before the current events. so could it be a male?
is it a mistake or am i just confused?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: Apr 03, 2006 04:30 pm by hureea » Logged
Firelord Sunny
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yip yip!

ladymecha
« Reply #4 on: Apr 03, 2006 04:35 pm »

animation errors are bound to happen, nothings perfect.

Space, the final frontier...
These are the voyages of the flying bison Appa.
His ongoing mission, to explore strange new worlds,
To help Aang seek out new bending masters and escape the firenation.
To boldy go where no flying bison has gone before...

Keeper of Davros' frozen head
Swamp Dweller
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Toph, you rule.

« Reply #5 on: Apr 03, 2006 11:35 pm »

One cool/mildly interesting thing that I noticed is that the people in the world of Avatar don't have last names.

Are you so busy fighting you cannot see your own ship has set sail? --Ancient Irohnian proverb
Zukofan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: Apr 05, 2006 12:14 am »

Yeah, I noticed that...
Kanelle
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Apr 06, 2006 09:13 am »

Here's something I noticed last time I played a couple of the episodes threw.  A funny little coincidence that might amuse a couple of you at least.

The tile that Monk Gyatso switched with Aang's looks like the lotus tile.  The same tile that Iroh obsessed in finding during the waterbending scroll episode.   Grin

(edit) Found this link about Lotus flowers thought it was intresting..

http://healing.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=healing&zu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.buddhanet.net%2Fe-learning%2Fhistory%2Fb_lotus.htm
« Last Edit: Apr 06, 2006 12:56 pm by Kanelle » Logged

Neither fire nor wind, birth nor death can erase our good deeds.
--Buddha
Unbridled Joy of Flight
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8 on: Apr 06, 2006 05:27 pm »

^^^  Hmmmm...

I've noticed that Aang is mastering each element in it's season.  He learned waterbending in winter, and is set to learn earthbending in spring.  Given Sozen's Comet is to arrive in late summer, it's likely fire will come in summer for Aang.  Interesting...
Force
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #9 on: Apr 08, 2006 05:29 pm »

Out of all the characters so far, alphabeticly, Aang is the first on the list and Zuko is the last.

Acastus
Expert Advisor
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Victim of the gelatinous cube.

« Reply #10 on: Apr 14, 2006 08:25 pm »

The Blue Spirit mask is seen on the cart that rolls in front of Iroh and Zuko at the beginning of "The Swamp." Presumably this is the one Zuko uses at the end of the episode when he takes the broadswords from the sadistic almsgiver.
Firebeendingqeen
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

EEPP! oh i heart chibi jack!

« Reply #11 on: Apr 24, 2006 05:01 pm »

i have noticed that when it showed the battle against zuko and his father, next to iroh was Azula. and she had a look of "H*LL YES! HE IS GONNA DIE!" she's a B*tch!
Acastus
Expert Advisor
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #12 on: Apr 30, 2006 10:32 am »

Hey wait, why did Katara call them "her scrolls" in Avatar Day? Pakku gave them to Aang. From the transcript for 201:

Master Pakku: Aang, these scrolls will help you master waterbending, but remember they're no substitute for a real master.

Did Aang give them to Katara as a present or something in between 201 and 205? Let the Kataanger's run with that! Wee!
Lieselle
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

" 'OH MY GOD, NO WAI!' 'OH MY GOD, YES WAI!' "

Lady+Liesl+99
« Reply #13 on: Apr 30, 2006 03:01 pm »

*shrugs* maybe she uses them to help teach aang or they share them XP sharing is caring after all! haha. Also, I think I remember seeing this mentioned on airbender.net, but take a look at this.

...just try to convince this Kataang fan that reckage DOESN'T look like a heart ^^

Opal Koboi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Fools rush in where lemurs fear to look

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2006 12:54 am »

Holy continuity! This is probably old news for most people but I just noticed it...
I was checking out Jet screenshots and noticed this:

(Image from Firebender.com)
 now compare it with this screenshot from Cave of Two lovers:
(Image from AvatarSpirit.net)

xlegend34
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

PROUD Keeper of Kataang, and the Soldier Boy Song

arman12 sharpiesrawesome42
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2006 08:56 pm »

*shrugs* maybe she uses them to help teach aang or they share them XP sharing is caring after all! haha. Also, I think I remember seeing this mentioned on airbender.net, but take a look at this.

...just try to convince this Kataang fan that reckage DOESN'T look like a heart ^^

omg it so does, thats so awesome, kataanger till the end!!!!!

btw during the intro, its pakku, some earthbender, azula, and aang in the future

Leaves from the vine, falling so slow.
Like fragile, tiny shells,
Drifting in the foam.
Little soldier boy, come marching home.
Brave soldier boy, comes marching home.
R.I.P. Mako
ignite444
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A Kataang shipper to the end!

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2006 10:03 pm »

Someone posted a clip of this dude in the background of episode 4 of season 1. There is the guy in the background behind Aang when he and Katara are at the food cart. First shot he is just standing there waving his arms around. Second shot of him, he is on the ground with his knees up to his chest and his head in his knees. They said he was some depressed guy! Lol! Watch the episode over and see for yourself.

PS: That does look like a heart! Lol! (Hey, I'm a Kataang fan too, I believe it!)

Banner made by me, do not steal! If you want to use it, ask me first.

Join my site! Avatar Dream (New custom skin up!)
Star Outlaw
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Are you okay?

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2006 08:04 pm »

Newest thing noticed: The character known as The Boulder seen in the latest episode is an obvious parody of The Rock.

Check out my Avatar Music Videos.

I keep Pabu. Sig by LeonsKennedy4815
Lieselle
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lady+Liesl+99
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2006 05:04 pm »

HAHHAHAHAHA!! O my god, I just realized that! But riddle me this ladies and gents...

notice the foaming man, truely amazing and wonderful. But in the next scene when they are given breakfast, there's the foaming man again! He's the guy that gives them breakfast! Check out these pics and see what I mean  Wink

P.S: HAHA! Yes xlegend34 and ignite444!! Kataang pwns! PWNS!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006 05:08 pm by Lieselle » Logged

srebak
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2006 04:40 pm »

1. does anyone else find it ironic, that the fire nation attacked the Air Nomads, but failed to kill the one airbender they were trying to rid themselves of?

2. I can understand why the Fire Nation wants to defeat the Earth Kingdom and the Water Tribes, but why did they attack the Air Nomads? They're no threat to them.

3. Why did the Fire Nation eliminate the Flying Bisons and the Lemurs? The smart thing would've been to bring them back to the Fire Nation and used them during the war.

4. How could the Fire Nation defeat the Air Nomads? They could've either sucked the oxygen out of their lungs or just blow them off the mountain. 
Acastus
Expert Advisor
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2006 07:47 pm »

1. does anyone else find it ironic, that the fire nation attacked the Air Nomads, but failed to kill the one airbender they were trying to rid themselves of?

Not really. That's just the plot line. "Avatar: The Airbender" or "Avatar: One of the Many Airbenders" just doesn't have any ring to it. Furthermore, they were probably not trying to kill the Avatar, as Zhao made clear in "The Blue Spirit." Killing the Avatar just creates the need for another exhaustive search. Their objective was more likely the same as Zhao's - to imprison the Avatar. Keeping the Avatar alive, but powerless, allows the Fire Nation the maximum flexibility.

2. I can understand why the Fire Nation wants to defeat the Earth Kingdom and the Water Tribes, but why did they attack the Air Nomads? They're no threat to them.

You answered this question in your first question. They attacked the Air Nomads in an attempt to capture (or, yes, kill) Aang.

Also, upon what evidence do you base your final assertion that the Air Nomads posed no threat to the ambitions of the Fire Nation? Your fourth question below also belies this idea. Any group of people who can kill at a distance by sucking the air out of your lungs is going to be a threat to anyone's ambitions for world conquest.

3. Why did the Fire Nation eliminate the Flying Bisons and the Lemurs? The smart thing would've been to bring them back to the Fire Nation and used them during the war.

I am not aware of any direct evidence in the series that shows the Fire Nation responsible for the disappearance of these creatures.

4. How could the Fire Nation defeat the Air Nomads? They could've either sucked the oxygen out of their lungs or just blow them off the mountain.

The show has been very reluctant to show the potentially most graphic applications of bending, e.g., bending water in people's blood or tissue, bending air out of people's lungs, etc. The violent death involved in such applications is likely just too raw for the age of the target audience.

Besides the above consideration, I find the fact that Fire Nation tanks can scale cliffs to be very intriguing when considering how Fire Nation forces may have approached the Air Nomad mountain redoubts.
SumiKai
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Toph pwns all. You know it.

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2006 08:01 pm »

If you look closely, in the scene from the new eppie ( and my fav.) " The Blind Bandit", where Toph comes to the Gang's room at night to apoligize, the first thing they show is her feet, and them hem of her nightclothes. It's shown later in the eppisode that they are pants, ( i.e., when she's fighting and when she's out in the garden on that bridge as she talks to Aang after she apologizes) but at that scene in that moment, there's no split in the cloth. It's just a dress.
    You don't even have to watch it over if you don't want to- just look at the screen shots.  Thought i might point that out.

You're just jealous because the voices don't talk to YOU.
Zukofan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2006 05:29 pm »

Of course we all know this by now (I think), but anyway...
The girl who voiced Meng (Jessie Flower) is the voice of Toph now.
Lieselle
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lady+Liesl+99
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2006 07:23 pm »

I know I've said this so many, many times, but I really, REALLY want Toph to call Katara a floozy in an eppisode now because Toph's the voice of Meng ^^ if so, my life will be complete and my day made.

Also, did anyone else notice this in "The Cave Of Two Lovers"?

Katara: (voice-over) Devastated, the woman unleashed a terrible display of her earthbending power. She could have destroyed them all.
(A close up of the woman's face is replaced by a shot of her standing atop a mountain, a red sun behind her, as the camera zooms backward)

In the backround of this picture, we see that the sun is red and the backround completely white. That, my friends, is the exact symbol for the Japanese flag. And I aslo was able to *ahem* dig up this schpeal on this little flag.

The Japanese flag is called Hinomaru (circle of the sun). The red circle on the white background symbolizes the sun....

In Japanese, the country is called Nihon or Nippon. The two Chinese characters may be translate as "origin of the sun" or "land of the rising sun". The name Japan is believed to have come from European pronunciation attempts of Chinese words for "Japan"....

...planned or coincidence? You decide.

Also, if you wanna know more, go here.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2270.html

Myrith
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2006 04:24 pm »

This is one of those silly animation errors.

In a few frames of episode 205 - "Avatar Day", Sokka can be seen wearing his boomerang sheath, even though he left his sheath and boomerang at the beginning of the episode. Also, you never see the strap on him, so the sheath is just magically glued to his back.  Tongue

3-screenshot sequence
Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: