Dec 17, 2017 05:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: The Waterbending Scroll
10 - 56 (33.7%)
9 - 33 (19.9%)
8 - 34 (20.5%)
7 - 24 (14.5%)
6 - 9 (5.4%)
5 - 4 (2.4%)
4 - 3 (1.8%)
3 - 0 (0%)
2 - 2 (1.2%)
1 - 1 (0.6%)
Total Voters: 160

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [109] The Waterbending Scroll  (Read 20592 times)
LoyalSubject
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #25 on: Nov 22, 2006 08:24 pm »

this episode was good. i like the pirates and the whole iroh finding his lotus tile at the end was histarical lol. this is also an episode where we actually see sokka and zuko use their smarts to outwit each other. like on how zuko is able to use the scroll to manipulate the pirates but then sokka uses aang to manipulate them as well. and katara stealing the scroll and aang trying to hagle....it was an episode where everyone was playing pirate! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smiley

This is my Destiny.

PLEASE CLICK FOR ME! http://sot.ag/Mzk5NDMw/
Acastus
Expert Advisor
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Victim of the gelatinous cube.

« Reply #26 on: Feb 19, 2007 10:10 am »

957 shiny new DVD screenshots are now available for this episode in the DVD screenshot section of the mainsite.
diet otaku
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #27 on: Feb 19, 2007 10:22 am »

« Last Edit: Feb 19, 2007 02:18 pm by diet otaku » Logged

if you drew this, tell me so i can credit you! everything else by orepookpook

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOBADGERTOAD
Tananda
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av by omgasp

Michelle+es+FAG
« Reply #28 on: Feb 19, 2007 02:12 pm »

^ diet otaku, please move those icons over to the Fan Media section. These threads are for episode discussion and your post contributes nothing to the actual conversation.

PicklexDreamer
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avvie by frozen!

« Reply #29 on: Feb 19, 2007 08:35 pm »

I loved this episode!
 Especially when the tile was in his sleeve!
Man, but Zuko was a tad bit creepy.....
Waterbending Scroll-200 gold pieces
Wierd Monkey Statue-99 gold pieces
Boat-10,000 gold pieces
Getting Zuko to laugh at someones boat floating away-PRICELESS
Katara The WaterBender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avatar and Signature by Katarathewaterbender

« Reply #30 on: Aug 21, 2007 04:18 pm »

I absolutely love this episode! My brothers had to threaten me from watching it again (I watch it twice a day). I don't know why but I love it. I tend to be very odd like that. Does anyone feel like that about this episode and knows why?

atla1--My best friend's Avatar site
Kikuta Master
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #31 on: Sep 25, 2007 05:30 pm »

lmao OMG The B story of the episode with Zuko and Iroh searching for the lotus tile personifies my relationship with my grandfather to a T!! Every exchange between them in this made me laugh so hard because it reminded me of me and my Grampa! XD

Thank God he doesn't play Pei Sho. XDD

Keeper of Zuko's Knuckles
Keeper of Zuko's Scarred Left Eye
Keeper of Zuko's Pet Hawk
MaikoRULES
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

flameo sir, flam...e...o

« Reply #32 on: Oct 13, 2007 08:19 pm »

"Stealing is wrong.
Unless its from pirates."

Ship Maiko + Kataang + Sukka + Foamzula + Smellershot!!!  Long Live Suki

"The White Lotus opens wide to those who know her secrets."

"Who knocks at the guarded gate?"
"One who has eaten the fruit and tasted its mysteries."
Tananda
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av by omgasp

Michelle+es+FAG
« Reply #33 on: Oct 13, 2007 08:35 pm »

MaikoRULES, I know you have gotten more than one warning from Global Moderator SMBH about posting things that have substance. Your above post is nothing more than a quote with no opinions or additions to the episode discussion. Start thinking before you post.

-Tananda, Board Moderator

Wolvin_Curse
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Love is the slowest form of Suicide

XxNarakusSlavexX@hotmail.com xxnarakusgirlxx xxnarakus_girlxx
« Reply #34 on: Jan 03, 2008 06:38 pm »

this episode has to be the funniest, out of the first season.

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Monk's Gone Wild (IZ TEH BIGGEST ZUTARIAN ON ASN)

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2008 11:46 pm »

Zutara. Became fanon. To fandom.

I think Zuko was flirting to get info. I mean he's like "maybe I can restore something you lost....*seducitve smirk*" HAAAAAAWT!

Katara really sucked at waterbending. Watching her in this episode and seeing her future progress is always fun for me when I watch this episode. I rather enjoy watching her sucking and them her crazy awesome bending in the future episodes Cheesy That's why I lvoe this show. Progress, growth, funniness, and of course...PIRATES! Grin

Keeper of Aang discovering he had hair, Zuko&Katara first mission together

I thanked everyone who made me icon/sig on DA. General/Commander AA22 of the Zutarmy. Master of the weapon Zutaratana!
PseudoEthnic
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2008 02:11 pm »

I remember an old saying a long time ago saying, "If can't say nothing nice, don't say nothing at all."

............Yeah.

Rating-5/10
Lionpaws
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

lionpaws@live.com
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2008 07:37 pm »

This is a great episode. The Zutara moment was awesome, I just love Zuko.... sigh. Uncle Iroh was so funny throughout the episode.

~By Eleanora from DA.
Kataang is cute, but Zutara's got the FIRE!
green bender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I Rep 412

« Reply #38 on: Jun 27, 2008 03:15 pm »

Not I'm not saying this was the best, but it was good. It had okay action in it although it could be better. But it combines comedy and action very well in this episode, the part were aang airbends the dust away and sees all the pirates and soldiers around him was funny. This is another thing about avatar that I like, It does a good job of combining different themes together.
gtbird24
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avi by Flame_Fall

« Reply #39 on: Jun 27, 2008 03:19 pm »

Katara steals. Oh so much fun, she has never left the Water Tribe before and probably never has been to a major city/shoping center. im not saying that made it ok for her to steal, but the fact that she stole from pirtats did Smiley

Thank you So Much Georgie for the amazing sig!
green bender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I Rep 412

« Reply #40 on: Jun 27, 2008 03:23 pm »

Well see the reason I like this episode is because of the way the comedy and action was combined, it was satisfying. Well I guess this could of been done a little better, but Most of this was fine. See and it is okay for this episode to be goofy for back then nothing was as deadly serious. Just my opinion, but I think this was okay concerning action. the action scenes were pretty decent.
gtbird24
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avi by Flame_Fall

« Reply #41 on: Jun 27, 2008 03:26 pm »

Yeah, nothing really became serious until the Solstice episodes where we learned that this story actually had a timeline.

Thank you So Much Georgie for the amazing sig!
green bender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I Rep 412

« Reply #42 on: Jun 27, 2008 03:31 pm »

Yeah I kinda agree, but it was a way that we got to see more of the avatar world, and back then we didn't know much about it.
Violet Vespertine
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #43 on: Sep 11, 2008 08:10 pm »

I like this episode a lot, mainly because of the humour.  Zuko's frustration at Uncle Iroh's shopping and Sokka's one liners are hilarious. 

I agree that Zuko was a bit creepy with Katara  "I'll save you from the pirates".

And hearing Zuko laugh is just plain weird.

Naughty Katara stole the scroll.  She needs it worse than anyone else around there who might purchase it, though.  Glad to see she showed frustration at Aang's easy mastery of the water bending moves.  I don't want her to be too sweet.

Tamerlan Pahlavi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Selam, Sahib

« Reply #44 on: Sep 12, 2008 11:57 am »

One word that makes this episode totally awesome and one of my favs for me:

Irko

Their goofiness ruled the epi Grin

All my written material is free of any and all copyright, it can be used freely for everyone's inspiration
Gye Byrd
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #45 on: Sep 25, 2008 09:24 pm »

This was another good episode. Not often we see our characters do immoral things in a moral way, sort of. Or, maybe they're moral in an immoral way.

Poor Aang, he's under so much pressure now that he knows he has a time limit in defeating the Fire Lord. Fear not, for Katara is there to the rescue!

... or not. Oh boy, seeing a total beginner doing something better than she can on something she's spent years on must've really hurt Katara's pride. Maybe it's just Aang's prior experience as a bender. That giant wave he did made Appa all clean, though.

That bazaar they went shopping at was interesting.

merchant: "Who's brave enough to look inside this bag?"

Oh geez, is that guy actually gonna charge people to look inside a bag? That had me laughing for several minutes. I mean, just the idea behind charging people to look inside a bag by goading them by saying if they're brave enough just sounds so stupid and smart at the same time.

I liked that part when they walk by the pirate shop.

male pirate lady: Perhaps I could interest you in some exotic curios?
Aang: Sure. What are curios?
male pirate lady: (pause) I'm not entirely sure, but we got 'em!

Always know your product before you sell it, although that's probably not easy if everything you sell is "high-risk traded."

The pirates have a pretty nice shop. That monkey thing Katara was looking at was eerie. Or maybe, it was looking at her! Dun dun dun! Looked like something from Indiana Jones. I loved that haggling scene. One copper piece! Two copper pieces! Had me laughing for a while, too. Sokka spit in a guy's face. Such an awesome detail.

That chase scene was slightly reminiscent of Ong Bak. Is it just me, or are jokes in Avatar funnier? I keep laughing every time I see that one pirate slip on the ice. Doesn't work in other shows and movies. The cabbage merchant makes a return! Yay! Still can't get enough cabbage on his face. Maybe he should make a cabbage-scented lotion. Unfortunately, he

Ooh, Katara stole their waterbending scroll! She's so bad! Oh well, nothing wrong with stealing from pirates, at least according to Katara.

Does this show ever cease to quit making me laugh? Katara's water whip mishaps ruled. First, she whips herself right in the forehead. Then, she nails Momo on the backside. Oh yeah, Momo loves that, doesn't he? He loves being spanked!

Katara yelling at Aang was so heartbreaking. Poor Aang. He was on the verge of crying. Some mother she turned out to be.

That was great when everybody got captured.

Katara: Aang, this is all my fault.
Aang: No, Katara, it isn't.
Iroh: Yeah, it kind of is.

Iroh is the greatest character of all time. He can stop a fight at any time he wants, only to tell the pirate captain that his ship was stolen. When Zuko laughs at him and finds out that his own boat was stolen, that just screamed out "Karma."

Aang: Sokka, can you make it go any faster?
Sokka: I don't know how. This thing wasn't made by the Water Tribe.

Oh sure, but he figured out how to fly a blimp in the finale really well for the first time.

Well, that's about all I have to say about this episode. I loved every minute of it. I also learned an important lesson - stealing is wrong, unless it's from pirates.

I give this episode a 10.
Skava
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #46 on: Apr 17, 2009 05:53 pm »

OMFG ZUKO LAUGHED!!!!! :0
Violet Vespertine
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #47 on: Apr 17, 2009 06:38 pm »

That laugh was terribly creepy.
Skava
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #48 on: Jun 20, 2009 07:30 pm »

I though it was cute..... and weird
Violet Vespertine
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #49 on: Jun 20, 2009 08:52 pm »

At that point in the show, the thought of Zuko laughing was pretty inconceivable...hence the weirdness. Grin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: