Apr 23, 2014 02:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zuko's Future  (Read 4643 times)
Brambo
Professional Penguin Sledder

Keeper of the Earthchampion Belt

« on: Sep 18, 2006 01:33 pm »

Hey guys, just was wondering and might not know if this topic was somewhere before.

But what do u guys think? What will be Zuko's future?

- Will he reconsider and try to join Aang for teaching him firebending, so they can defeat the fire lord?
- Will he go his own way and see where he's comes. Trying to forget about the past and fight along with
   his enemy's in time?
- Or does he want still restore his honor, by his father in search for the avatar?

I might think that Zuko and Iroh are going to join Aang somehow at a difficult way and trying to stop the
war. I think that Zuko is comming to realize, that its not quit the best option to let the future goes on like
it is now. Perhaps he will become the new fire lord in the future, but as an better and friendly person than.

What do u guys think? (No offense to Zuko's fans as i like him pretty mutch to, lol)
Kari

Friends are worth more than any gold or jewels.

« Reply #1 on: Sep 18, 2006 01:38 pm »

What a nice topic!
In fact, I hope and somehow think that Zuko will be the one teaching Aang fire bending. Wouldn't this be a great development? The two arch enemies bonding with each other to stop the war and defeat Ozai. Zuko is a 'good' human IMO. I like the idea that he'll become the new fire lord. I never thought about this but it's really a nice idea.

Love,
Kari

Official warning: this signature has been removed for being in violation of the NEW SIGNATURE RULES that were announced last year. -Forau
Foamy

We're all a bit mad here...

« Reply #2 on: Sep 18, 2006 01:45 pm »

What a nice topic!
In fact, I hope and somehow think that Zuko will be the one teaching Aang fire bending. Wouldn't this be a great development? The two arch enemies bonding with each other to stop the war and defeat Ozai. Zuko is a 'good' human IMO. I like the idea that he'll become the new fire lord. I never thought about this but it's really a nice idea.

Love,
Kari

I find Iroh more likely to teach Aang firebending. One, he's more patient, more knowledgeable and two, he knows how to lightningbend. Zuko is more likely to just tag along.

Waterbender Avatar Ramika

the power within

longnailedcasper@hotmail.com scoopergiraffe iamaworkofart
« Reply #3 on: Sep 18, 2006 01:51 pm »

I think that Zuko will become the new Fire Lord and will bring back balance to the Fire Nation and the world once Aang defeats Ozai.  Somewhere along the way Zuko will realize that his father is wrong about this 'taking over the world' thing.  I've been thinking this for a while now and I really believe this will happen.  Zuko has learned and changed a lot, therefore making a better Fire Lord, but not a good teacher.  He isn't patient enough and . . . Aang needs a REAL instructor to keep him on task because he likes to play a lot. XDDD

GOOOOOOO Kataang! xD Gooooo . . . umm, Yue and Sokka? XD
Brambo

« Reply #4 on: Sep 18, 2006 01:59 pm »

Yeah i believe that Iroh is more of a teacher than Zuko. But still i think they will become good persons
and i know Iroh will, but he is trying to convince Zuko to. I just knew when he said in the drill (''I believe
in second chances'' and looked at Zuko), that he doesnt need to have shame on himself and need to try
to look for his real future.
Sokkafangirl

Sokka, the thinker of the group. He rocks!

« Reply #5 on: Sep 18, 2006 03:20 pm »

Yah it would be cool if Zuko/Iroh joined the gang. I can also see Iroh teaching Anng more than Zuko. Than Zuko and Sokka can try not to get on each others nerves LOL. Hey if they do join the group will have an even amount of people in the group ^_^

Sokka fan girl! He's so cute!

Support both Ships a hundered percent!
 Banner mad by cheyanne! Thank you cheyanne!
Nandireya

The pouty Disillusioned Water Tribe Tot

« Reply #6 on: Sep 18, 2006 05:24 pm »

Zuko has already admitted (to Jet) that being alone is not always a good thing...he wants to belong, he's just not sure where...maybe it is at the Avatar's side rather than on his trail...

And I don't think he'd be able to teach Aang as he is at the moment...he's not a master...though just how far off being a master he is is unknown...Iroh referred to Zhao as a master ("Have you forgotten what happened last time you duelled a master?") and he handed him his butt...twice.  It may just be his own feelings of inadequacy (how could he not feel inadequate next to his sister's talent and uncle's experience) that are holding him back...

I can imagine Aang needling him to get him to teach him until he finally explodes:

Zuko: "I'm not good enough, okay!  Is that what you want to hear?"

The Road Less Travelled Duty
Keeps Zuko's Path to Redemption and "I'm Never Happy"
thunder_713

Fire Nation Traitor...

evilbabyrulesall@msn.com thndr713
« Reply #7 on: Sep 18, 2006 05:39 pm »

This has been brought up before, but so far, Aang has essentially been taught by people his own age (excluding Gyatso). I know he was Pakku's student for a while, but at the same time, that was an extremely short duration, and before and after that period he was learning from Katara. Now, he's learning earthbending from Toph.

Perhaps a trend?

^Zuko fan? Check out Lava Love God

Keeper of Sokka's necklace and Zuko's ship.

(LLG banner thanks to omgasp). Icon by magicker_icons.
Kari

« Reply #8 on: Sep 18, 2006 05:48 pm »

I know Iroh is the much better firebender. But thunder is right and somehow Zuko is still more a main character than Iroh though they are both main characters. And in fact: Zuko is no bad firebender. Let's just say: I'm curious. We'll see, won't we?
BTW: And I guess Zuko's abilities of firebending will also increase till he joins Aang.

Official warning: this signature has been removed for being in violation of the NEW SIGNATURE RULES that were announced last year. -Forau
Noodles Aang Colbert

o.o

« Reply #9 on: Sep 18, 2006 06:02 pm »

I think that there is a strong possibility of Zuko joining the gaang, but I would go more on a 50% chance of him teaching Aang firebending.  Still there are no real apparent teachers out that we know of right now.  I remember when Aang asked Zuko that if he were alive back then would they have been friends.  It looks like Zuko and Jet are going to have a confrontation of some sort so we shall see where that leads.

thunder_713

Fire Nation Traitor...

evilbabyrulesall@msn.com thndr713
« Reply #10 on: Sep 18, 2006 09:53 pm »

I'm betting Zuko joins the Gaang--why else would the writers spend so much time giving us his story and developing his character if he wasn't going to be one of the good guys? I also think Zuko will teach Aang firebending; chances are, they won't be able to find Jeong Jeong, and I severely doubt Iroh will still be in the picture then, by whatever circumstance.

^Zuko fan? Check out Lava Love God

Keeper of Sokka's necklace and Zuko's ship.

(LLG banner thanks to omgasp). Icon by magicker_icons.
Argyle Bender

A tiny plaid bender's worst nightmare.

« Reply #11 on: Sep 18, 2006 10:19 pm »

I don't think Zuko could teach Aang now.  He's still too impatient, he hasn't mastered lightning, and he still has not fully denounced his father.  I still think Zuko will teach Aang.  His development has been a key part of the show.  Just because he's not ready now doesn't mean he never will be.  Compare Zuko's training in the pilot to Bitter Work--obviously he is capable of growth.

We saw in "Zuko Alone" what a good teacher he has the potential to be, when he told Lee about broad swords.

He may not have denounced his father (or even come close) but he does not see the Fire Lord as infallible.  As early as the first regular episode, The Southern Air Temple, he shows that he is able to doubt his father, when he says, "If my father thinks the rest of the world will follow him willingly, then he is a fool."

So, Zuko still isn't a master.  He can't teach what he doesn't know.  And he still has all that turmoil--he still identifies more with the Fire Nation than Aang's allies, and certainly doesn't think of Aang as an ally.  Zuko has yet to reach his "turning point."  Once he does, he will have separated himself from his father.  He will be comfortable with himself as himself.  He will have in one stroke humility and confidence.  He will be able to generate lightning, and he will finally be ready to teach Aang.

I hope this will happen, and my guess is for the season 2 finale.
Cabbagelord

« Reply #12 on: Sep 18, 2006 10:27 pm »

well, we're only half-way into the season now, so he's still got 12 episodes to grow.

as for teaching aang, it seems more aang needs to get the mindset of the bending style, plus smatterings of the basics before he catches on and excells. and let's face it, both of those are things zuko has in spades

"We are the Sons and Daughters of Cabbage, the Superior Produce!"
servidor

Teresa of the Faint Smile

« Reply #13 on: Sep 18, 2006 10:46 pm »

I think that Zuko's journey will make that turning point when he negates his desires, or rather that his desires are unattainable, Father's love, things go back to what they were before, and put other people before him, then he might be able to find resolution to his inner turmoil and he will be able to master firebending and lightingbending.    
MonCapitan

Mmm.. Redheads

« Reply #14 on: Sep 18, 2006 10:59 pm »

I think Zuko will eventually switch sides and turn against the Fire Nation.  There is a reason the show creators placed him in Ba Sing Se.  I think while there he will see things that will make him further question the rightness of his nation's leadership's actions.

Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population
Kari

« Reply #15 on: Sep 19, 2006 01:55 am »

I agree with those saying the makers of the show point on Zuko a lot. Much more than on (at?) Iroh. That's a main reason why I think Zuko will be Aang's teacher. No doubt in Iroh being stronger, even if Zuko still gets stronger. But hey, I guess if Iroh would teach firebending to Aang it would be like this:

Iroh: "So, look, you have to move like this."
Aang: Do I do this right?... Shocked Master Iroh?"
Iroh: "Ah, my tea!" (drinks) "We will continue after I had my tea."
(three hours later)
Aang: "Can we continue now?"
Iroh: "Just wait a little bit, I'm almost winning. Oh no, where's my lotus tile? I will not teach you till I re-found my lotus tile!"

^^ I like Iroh a lot so please don't get me wrong.

iijyanaika

미 안 해 요~

ejyanaika@hotmail.com iijyanaika
« Reply #16 on: Sep 19, 2006 02:06 am »

zuko will join the gang. he needs to complete the circle of friends. but he still has the want to be accepted by his father.

iroh is a pivitol person. remember he went tot the spirit world, so he's going to play in some role of helping aang. but, here's where his life takes a fork. he's either going to help aang to some degree, or he's going to die helping aang or helping zuko. and with iroh's death, that will finally snap zuko into realizing, his father isn't someone to long for/be apart of.

or we'll see ursa sacrificing herself to help snap zuko into realization. but in the course of teaching aang firebending we'll definitely see iroh as a main source of knowledge, then maybe zuko somewhere in the middle/end of season 3 will start to have a role in aang's fire development.

~nobody watches someone walking away, without wanting to be with them~
Zukofan

« Reply #17 on: Sep 19, 2006 05:36 am »

I don't think Zuko could teach Aang now.  He's still too impatient, he hasn't mastered lightning, and he still has not fully denounced his father.  I still think Zuko will teach Aang.  His development has been a key part of the show.  Just because he's not ready now doesn't mean he never will be.  Compare Zuko's training in the pilot to Bitter Work--obviously he is capable of growth.

We saw in "Zuko Alone" what a good teacher he has the potential to be, when he told Lee about broad swords.

He may not have denounced his father (or even come close) but he does not see the Fire Lord as infallible.  As early as the first regular episode, The Southern Air Temple, he shows that he is able to doubt his father, when he says, "If my father thinks the rest of the world will follow him willingly, then he is a fool."

So, Zuko still isn't a master.  He can't teach what he doesn't know.  And he still has all that turmoil--he still identifies more with the Fire Nation than Aang's allies, and certainly doesn't think of Aang as an ally.  Zuko has yet to reach his "turning point."  Once he does, he will have separated himself from his father.  He will be comfortable with himself as himself.  He will have in one stroke humility and confidence.  He will be able to generate lightning, and he will finally be ready to teach Aang.

I hope this will happen, and my guess is for the season 2 finale.
I agree with you on everything, except for the Zuko teaching Aang firebending part.  I think he will play a big role in it, but I don't think he will be entirely responsible.

I theorize that at the end of this season, Zuko and Uncle will ally themselves with the avatar.  Over the third season, Aang learns firebending from Iroh (and Zuko works hard to finish his training, too!). 
They'd make awsome sparring partners, don't you think?  Wink
Nandireya

The pouty Disillusioned Water Tribe Tot

« Reply #18 on: Sep 19, 2006 07:08 am »

I theorize that at the end of this season, Zuko and Uncle will ally themselves with the avatar.  Over the third season, Aang learns firebending from Iroh (and Zuko works hard to finish his training, too!). 
They'd make awsome sparring partners, don't you think?  Wink

I don't know...with Aang's natural ability with just about every type of bending he could quickly surpass Zuko which wouldn't go over too well with the prince who's had to work so hard for everything...

The Road Less Travelled Duty
Keeps Zuko's Path to Redemption and "I'm Never Happy"
Karalora

« Reply #19 on: Sep 19, 2006 08:17 am »

I think Zuko has already reached the point where he no longer wants/needs his father's approval, but he may not be aware of it yet. The short-term goal of survival has overshadowed any long-term goals, so he hasn't had time yet to sit down and do the soul-searching to figure out what he really does want.

He's not stupid, and he's already learned his lesson about holding out false hope. He's going to realize that his only chance to live a semblance of a normal life is to end the war, and that means taking an active stance against his father. He's much too much of a go-getter to just wait it out.

Why yes, as a matter of fact, I do write fanfiction.
Tamaki

« Reply #20 on: Sep 19, 2006 10:31 am »

At a certain point, he will realise it is his destiny to be the Firelord of the nation and his father is failing as a leader for the sovereignty of his nation. He would then rise to revolt against his father and take his rightful place as leader. He will obviously be using Aang's help.

kwicked

kennethbored@gmail.com kbeonrneedth
« Reply #21 on: Sep 19, 2006 10:56 am »

The way I see it, Zuko has no way of getting back into the fire nation without Aang. Aang and company don't have any idea how to get into the fire nation. Maybe they might come up with some sort of plan to have Zuko bring them into the heart of the fire nation. It wouldn't be surprising if they all joined forces. They were all working together in The Chase, and Toph has already met Iroh.
Brambo

« Reply #22 on: Sep 19, 2006 11:04 am »

At a certain point, he will realise it is his destiny to be the Firelord of the nation and his father is failing as a leader for the sovereignty of his nation. He would then rise to revolt against his father and take his rightful place as leader. He will obviously be using Aang's help.

Perhaps he will use his help to become the Fire Lord at the wrong way, but than still i think he
will realize along it that Aang is also a great person. I think that if he travels with the gang no
mather what, he will turn into a different person. He wont reach his goal as evil. Iam sure of it.
MeatAndSarcasm

Mei Ling :3

« Reply #23 on: Sep 19, 2006 04:37 pm »

I really think zuko will "help" teach aang firebending.

Its destiny.

My first girlfriend turned into the moon. Owner of Katara\'s Water-brella
Amy_for_airbending

« Reply #24 on: Sep 19, 2006 04:46 pm »

i dont think that iroh will die, because zuko cant teach aang firebending. i think zuko will learn with aang with iroh teaching him. i think zuko will fight his father( to finish the agni kia where he got his scar) and then restore his honor and end the war. 

*keeper of: Appa's fur, Mai's dark makeup, Toph's flying boar, Toph's metalbending
Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: