Nov 18, 2019 11:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sokka is cheating on girls  (Read 14684 times)
Brambo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Keeper of the Earthchampion Belt

« Reply #75 on: Sep 21, 2006 03:46 am »

Hmmm, i wonder what boyfriend Toph will find? Poor lonely girl... :'(
Deadpool
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Rock ONNNNNN!

« Reply #76 on: Sep 21, 2006 08:36 am »

You really wouldn't want to hear all the guys POV. >_> I mean, really, we're teenagers. There is one thing teenage boys think about. Sex. That's it. You ask your friend if all he really thinks about is sex. He might say no, but he is lying. Sure, we might sometimes stray from sex in our train of thought, but never for very long.

So this means one thing, All Sokka can think about it sex. Doesn't really matter with who or how he really feels. In a postion where it was readily avalible he would SO take it.

Thank you for that completely justified and not at all sexist remark.

Listen, I don't see what the issue is here. Sokka has moved on from Yue's death, and he can't stay in mourning forever.

As for Ty Lee... a cute girl smiled at him and he smiled back. Never did they say anything about them actually hooking up or 'two-timing' Suki.

I have only ever made one prayer in my life. A very short one: 'O Lord, please make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.-Voltaire
Om
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #77 on: Sep 21, 2006 09:55 am »

Sokka can't possibly be cheating on anyone.

Yue - She's dead therefore he can't cheat on her.
Ty Lee - He hasn't done anything other than wave at her.
Toph - He doesn't even know she likes him and has done nothing to promote said liking.
Suki - Is his current girl on whom he has not cheated.

Waterbender Avatar Ramika
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

the power within

longnailedcasper@hotmail.com scoopergiraffe iamaworkofart
« Reply #78 on: Sep 21, 2006 10:41 am »

You really wouldn't want to hear all the guys POV. >_> I mean, really, we're teenagers. There is one thing teenage boys think about. Sex. That's it. You ask your friend if all he really thinks about is sex. He might say no, but he is lying. Sure, we might sometimes stray from sex in our train of thought, but never for very long.

So this means one thing, All Sokka can think about it sex. Doesn't really matter with who or how he really feels. In a postion where it was readily avalible he would SO take it.
I'm a girl, yes, but that is beside the point I am about to make here.

Sokka IS a good guy.  He's not a sex-crazed pervert.  I have many guy friends, and have had many experiences (get your mind out of the gutter, it doesn't need to be that far in. >.>) with them.  Some good, some not so good, and a very close friend of mine, WHO IS A GUY, is not anything like you describe.  Sure he likes girls, but he's not a total perv.  This may come to a shock to you, but not all guys perverted jerks, and some are actually REAL gentlemen and KNOW how to act and talk around a lady.  REAL men can CONTROL themselves, can restrain themselves, thank you very much. -_- Don't make excuses for yourselves.  Sokka has done nothing to provoke this 'pimp' mind-set some of you have put him in.  Obviously, he's not gay, so when he goes some place with girls, it's not very likely that he'll ever see them again, so there is nothing wrong with a little flirting.  Sokka knows that there is a very VERY slim chance he'll ever get to see them again, and he has no 'pimp' motives like you guys seem to think he does.  I highly doubt there are ANY such pimps in the world of Avatar. Wink

GOOOOOOO Kataang! xD Gooooo . . . umm, Yue and Sokka? XD
Isidorios
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Desty Nova Avatar and Sig by Darathor

« Reply #79 on: Sep 21, 2006 03:28 pm »

Couldn't agree more with Ramika.  Its not easy being the main romance/ingenious thinker/older brother/surviving by skills alone/sarcasm/meat guy.  Give my boy Sokka a break.

The dispensation of Nature is such that the very act of Living and Doing is to its very core, awash with Evil.
 If you cannot accept this fact, the world is impossible to live in, as it is for Poets
Zoo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #80 on: Sep 21, 2006 04:36 pm »

We are NOT total pervs. We're not! It's just Guys think about sex all the time. nine times out of ten the first thing your friend thikns when he sees you is, "I wonder what she looks like naked." Now, he might try to stop these thoughts, (As they are rather bad) or go with them. He might not act on them at all!

I know myself I try not to picture my close friends in any of these ways. But it is hard. ANd with Sokka's case MOST likely when he see's an attractive young lady Give him such a sedductive look he IS thinking about sex there. Your brian synapses can fire at astounding rates. It takes less then a pico-second for your mind to fire things through a brian. It might take a moment to register this, but it is there.

Now, in Again in Sokka's case there is Nothing wrong with the viewing of girls that are infact pleasurable to the eye! He might see them and have a sort of Lust, but most teenage boys do. They Lust. The lust all the time. YOu might not understand the amount of Testosterone a teenage boy has! (Side fact, an average 16 year-old boy has so much testosterone in his blood stream that it coul KILL a 60 year old man. That is to say, if the blood was switched some how. KILL! That's alot.) And testosterone activates the sex drive in both male and females. This is a hell of a lot! But it is something people live with. but, by the age of 18 about 90% of teenagers interviewed have lost their Virginty. Now, we can look at Sokka's age at around 15-16, right? Well, if he is an average teenager he has between 75%(15)-50%(16) of still being a virgin. So, he could still very easily still be average and a good guy. But it isn't a stretch to think he has lost it. (Espiacally with all the places he has been.) But again, this would not make him a bad guy! But simply an average teenager

(also, side note, next chance you get ask your friend how much he thinks about sex. 10/1 says he says alot!)

We are creating a world that all may enter without privilege or prejudice accorded by race,economic power,military force, or station of birth.We are creating a world where anyone, anywhere may express his or her beliefs,no matter how singular,without fear of being coerced into silence or conformity.
Karalora
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #81 on: Sep 21, 2006 04:44 pm »

Still, it's pretty outrageous to suggest that Sokka thinks about nothing but sex. Sometimes he thinks about food.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't use the situation of contemporary American teenagers to make any assumptions about his sex life. At the time Sokka got his visit from the Puberty Fairy, the only girl around of comparable age was his sister. (Ew!) Even traveling, I doubt he's managed to get the necessary alone time with a suitable girl to undertake such an adventure. It seems like whenever the group spends any time in civilization, some kind of crisis breaks out. Of course, we haven't been privy to all their downtime; maybe he hooked up with a nice girl in Aunt Wu's village or something. But, even societal disapproval aside, he strikes me as too much of a romantic to "hit and run," so to speak.
« Last Edit: Sep 21, 2006 04:57 pm by Karalora » Logged

Why yes, as a matter of fact, I do write fanfiction.
Isidorios
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #82 on: Sep 21, 2006 04:53 pm »

I think the only flaw in Zoo's arguement is that he is possibly applying modern western standards to avatar social mores.  Clearly the society represented in Avatar is both ancient and eastern.  Sokka would certainly by this time be considered a full adult, and people would have serious issues with casual relationships between him and their daughters outstide of marriage. 

The dispensation of Nature is such that the very act of Living and Doing is to its very core, awash with Evil.
 If you cannot accept this fact, the world is impossible to live in, as it is for Poets
wildfire651
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Proud supporter of Kataang, Maiko, and Sukka!

« Reply #83 on: Sep 21, 2006 05:20 pm »

This conversation is getting a little odd. I don't think Sokka is the kind of a guy Zoo  portrays him as. I am a guy, and as of right now sex is the last thing on my mind. I like girls (a lot), but I don't have to be sex crazed person who can't controll himself.

I don't think Sokka is a pimp or a player. Sure he has girls after him left and right, but we see in SotFN that he cares more then just about sex. For Instance, We see Sokka turn down Suki's kiss in front of the moon (Yue). He loved Yue, not lusted for her, and he still has respect for love. We also see him stand up for Yue when he was talking with Hahn. Hahn was talking about her like she was a possesion, and Sokka stood up for her, and respected her. He could have easily gone along with Hahn (like many guys would do) but he didn't.

The point is, Sokka has respect for women (like everyone should), and everyone should get the whole "Sokka the Pimp" out of their heads.

Keeper of the fake firebending streamers!
I wish it wasn't all over... Sad
Isidorios
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #84 on: Sep 21, 2006 05:26 pm »

LOL anyone who isnt strongly affected by the attentions of very attractive and talented members of the opposite sex are either children or non-heterosexual.

jakniclesin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

LIES!!!

jakniclesin@yahoo.com
« Reply #85 on: Sep 22, 2006 06:28 am »

C'mon back to topic pls or I'll have to correct some peoples ideas about guys.

Ah, I'm a guy and it's not like all I think about is s3x. I mean, there're all sorts of things on my mind all the time, schoolwork, avatar, friends, teen titans, college, avatar, books, teen titans, computer graphix ideas, avatar...

Keeper of Toph's Manners.
Zoo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #86 on: Sep 22, 2006 10:52 pm »

Actually in eastern cultures back a ways they embraced sex as a part of culture. Infact, in Japan during the Edo Period is comparable to Both the greeks and The roman Cultures. As in, if it feels good, do it! Also, China went through the same thing. Though i digress. And I apologize for REALLY dragging this topic off.

Though again, even in Europe during the earlier ages they had such houses of Ill repute. And it wasn't that uncommon for taverns to have, "tavern maids" (though they weren't very maiden like. >_>Wink and it was infact socially acceptable to have...err..."relations" with said maids.

Though, since this show is infact TV Y7 we can probably think that the views on sex are based off of Western American views. As in in soccer mom taboo. So Sokka isn't "hitting" or getting 'teh layed" all the time. Nor did I mean to portray him as such. All I meant to say is that he probably thinks about sex alot! I didn't try to portray him as a pimp sleeping with as many people as he could. And again, for that I apologize.

And Jak....you have to list sex in there some where. Unless you were born a eunuch you think about it...alot!

We are creating a world that all may enter without privilege or prejudice accorded by race,economic power,military force, or station of birth.We are creating a world where anyone, anywhere may express his or her beliefs,no matter how singular,without fear of being coerced into silence or conformity.
jakniclesin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

LIES!!!

jakniclesin@yahoo.com
« Reply #87 on: Sep 23, 2006 07:34 am »

And Jak....you have to list sex in there some where. Unless you were born a eunuch you think about it...alot!

I said not all the time, not not at all. That was a list of OTHER things on my mind.

Keeper of Toph's Manners.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: