Nov 21, 2019 08:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate this episode
10 - 347 (41.1%)
9 - 199 (23.6%)
8 - 173 (20.5%)
7 - 81 (9.6%)
6 - 23 (2.7%)
5 - 12 (1.4%)
4 - 3 (0.4%)
3 - 3 (0.4%)
2 - 1 (0.1%)
1 - 3 (0.4%)
Total Voters: 825

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [313] The Firebending Masters  (Read 135377 times)
PVG100
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Everything that has a beginning, has an end

« Reply #475 on: Jan 12, 2008 07:37 am »

I am surprised we got to know so much about Iroh without even seein' him. Still, you 'r missed by me Iroh(and probably many others). But I think he off to set up his own resistance, maybe through The White Lotus society. Because Zuko never got to say that "he got to him"(Ozai).

btw: -Respect for the dragons and every other firebender who claim to the ancient ways.
       -And, no it didn't air on YTV--> bad luck

The only two things that are endless are the univers and human stupidity, it is not certain about the first.
Keeper of:
- Zuko's anger
- Iroh's tears
- A White Lotus Banner
- A White Lutus Uniform
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=jWw0W5Orj5M
jokhang
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #476 on: Jan 12, 2008 08:45 am »

I enjoyed this episode.  I have a question though.  If Badger Moles were the first Earth Benders, Sky Bisons the first Air Benders and Dragons the first Fire Benders....Who were the first Water Benders?  Apologies if this has been addressed before....This is my first post and I'm still learning my way around.

"You have to look within yourself to save yourself from your other self.  Only then will your true self reveal itself"
Mimete
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #477 on: Jan 12, 2008 09:42 am »

I read somewhere that the first Water Benders were the Turtleseals.
Charity
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #478 on: Jan 12, 2008 11:40 am »

Well he half starved for a while in the earth kingdom, I am pretty sure that started off the skinny Zuko trend.

I think it's just the artists. In one episode Zuko looked buff and about 18 years old:

{Zuko Alone}
Then a few episodes later he looked weak and about 13 years old.

{The Tales of Ba Sing Se}

Is Zuko going through puberty or what?

Someone From The Dark
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I love Sui, and Fallan Denzell. Double Arts FTW!

« Reply #479 on: Jan 12, 2008 01:56 pm »

I enjoyed this episode.  I have a question though.  If Badger Moles were the first Earth Benders, Sky Bisons the first Air Benders and Dragons the first Fire Benders....Who were the first Water Benders?  Apologies if this has been addressed before....This is my first post and I'm still learning my way around.

It was the moon. The Water Tribe saw how it would push and pull the tides.

For The Love, Pride, and Honor of Fire Lord Zuko
luffyman
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #480 on: Jan 12, 2008 02:23 pm »

its probably the koi fish because they are the embodiment of the moon and the ocean.
Manoca
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #481 on: Jan 12, 2008 02:53 pm »

I think this chapter is just AWESOME. But I couldn't understand why Katara didn't go with Aang and Zuko. I mean, she said she won't let them alone...

Aang:I see everything so clearly now…what really matters. Why I'm really doing this. I'm doing it to save the world, but more than that. I'm doing it for the people I love.I'm doing it for you Katara.
Katara: Aang, what are you saying‌?
Aang: I'm saying…I love you.
airbending_master
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Keeper of Aang's airball game, snowman & armor

« Reply #482 on: Jan 12, 2008 05:24 pm »

its probably the koi fish because they are the embodiment of the moon and the ocean.

Yue specifically described this in SoTN when she discussed her connection to the moon.

-Keeper of Aang's final battle
Rest In Peace Daddy, 01/31/08
harajukuxx ho
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

harajukuxx
« Reply #483 on: Jan 12, 2008 08:39 pm »

i absolutley loved this episode. possibly my favorite from the 3rd season so far.
aang and zuko bonding? oh yeah!

and seriously if aang is willing to accept zuko, the rest of the gang should too. katara needs to get over it and stop being a jerk.
sokka is just still sokka.
Smiley
but where the heck are suki and iroh? i'm going to go nuts if they don't show up in an episode soon.
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #484 on: Jan 12, 2008 08:49 pm »

What can I say about this episode that hasn't been said before? It was a really great episode. I mean, DRAGONS! How amazing is that?!

I love the bonding between Zuko and Aang. It had to happen sometime, and I'm just loving it to no end. Hee! Look:

The dragons approve. So cute :3

Little Toph in her flashback was ADORABLE, Sokka's jokes were spot-on ("we'll just tap-dance our way to victory over the Fire Lord", hee!), Katara's meanness was sharp, oh and did I mention how much I liked the interaction between Aang and Zuko? Yeah, I liked that a lot.

Well, not much more to say really, because everything to say has already been said by now. But yeah, I liked the episode a lot Cheesy

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
the_dragon_dancer
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

London 2012!

« Reply #485 on: Jan 12, 2008 11:39 pm »

Well he half starved for a while in the earth kingdom, I am pretty sure that started off the skinny Zuko trend.

I think it's just the artists. In one episode Zuko looked buff and about 18 years old:

{Zuko Alone}

It probably is just the creators, but if it wasn't it wouldn't make any sense. 'Cause in Zuko Alone, he was half starved being without his uncle, and the episode showed him being hungry. Then in Tales of Ba Sing Se he was back with his uncle and being properly fed.

Also it could be the setting of the scenes. In the Zuko Alone, I'm pretty sure the shot is from when he was getting ready to fight the bully EK bender guys. Then in Tales of Ba Sing Se he was trying to impress the girl(I forget her name:(   ) and being all innocent.

Hard Corps!
I keep Ostrich Horses.
meechan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #486 on: Jan 13, 2008 07:46 am »

{Zuko Alone}

It probably is just the creators, but if it wasn't it wouldn't make any sense. 'Cause in Zuko Alone, he was half starved being without his uncle, and the episode showed him being hungry. Then in Tales of Ba Sing Se he was back with his uncle and being properly fed.

Also it could be the setting of the scenes. In the Zuko Alone, I'm pretty sure the shot is from when he was getting ready to fight the bully EK bender guys. Then in Tales of Ba Sing Se he was trying to impress the girl(I forget her name:(   ) and being all innocent.

it bothers me, coz now (book 3 episodes) he looks even slimmer than before! is it just an optical effect of his emo hair? lol
i mean, where did those muscles we saw on book 1 go? coz i don't think muscles can shrink that easily Cheesy
well i understand there must be a lot of people working on him, but there should have been some standards too...
Anubis
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We'll meet again

« Reply #487 on: Jan 13, 2008 09:35 am »

Good question.
The answer is here. It's La, the moon spirit.

The Moon was the first waterbender. The people of the Water Tribe saw how she moved the tides and learned how to imitate that skill.

'Love means exposing yourself to the pain of being hurt, deeply hurt by someone you trust.'

Keeper of "Aang's burp", "The Earth Kingdom battle tanks" and "The Fire Nation battle tanks".
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #488 on: Jan 13, 2008 12:03 pm »

La is the ocean spirit, Tui is the moon spirit.

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
Enter The Avatar State
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Sig by KataraTheWaterbender

spenderbomber_7@hotmail.com
« Reply #489 on: Jan 13, 2008 12:50 pm »

For me, the two highlights of this episode were, 1. Aang actually learning how to use Fire, and 2. Zuko and Aang's connection ( I want to say relationship, but crackshippers will jump down my throat)

Keeping: Sokka's armor, The Avatar State, all Waterbending and all Firebending
graceh
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #490 on: Jan 13, 2008 02:25 pm »

I just love the shot SMBH posted of the heart-dragon thing. Not just becuase I'm Zutaraian, but because it was a beautiful shot.

The episode wasn't great, but it was good. I belive something like that ep. should have been in the earlier seasons, because right now, with 8 eps. left (not counting TFM) it should be more about moving forward and plot development than backstory. But it was interesting to learn about firebendings history. Somethings seemed a little sped up, some people where out of character (Katara letting them go alone?).

What I don't get is how fast Aang learned firebending. Yes, her learned the basics at Jeong-Jeongs, but when he tried to firebend in TFM, it didn't work. Its like he lost his skillz, then magically regained them and was good just because of some dragons and pretty fire and stuff. I was thinking "um... okay?" the whole time.

I gave it a 6. I wasn't to happy with it, I just want 14 now!

PVG100
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #491 on: Jan 13, 2008 02:30 pm »

Maybe the ancient way of firebending allows firebenders to firebend, even without the sun. And as we saw Iroh knows the ancient way, so maybe that's how he got out of prison.

The only two things that are endless are the univers and human stupidity, it is not certain about the first.
Keeper of:
- Zuko's anger
- Iroh's tears
- A White Lotus Banner
- A White Lutus Uniform
Vendetta
On Probation
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #492 on: Jan 13, 2008 02:34 pm »

What I don't get is how fast Aang learned firebending. Yes, her learned the basics at Jeong-Jeongs, but when he tried to firebend in TFM, it didn't work. Its like he lost his skillz, then magically regained them and was good just because of some dragons and pretty fire and stuff. I was thinking "um... okay?" the whole time.

Why does that bother you?  It's no different from how quickly he learned waterbending, and even with earthbending as soon as he "got it" he went from zero to chucking rocks like a pro.
PVG100
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #493 on: Jan 13, 2008 02:40 pm »

Look, Aang also didn't have a drive to firebend, just like Zuko. And when the faced the Dragon and got the ancient way, Zuko did a fireblast, and Aang just did that thing he did back in 'The Deserter".

Keeper of:
- Zuko's anger
- Iroh's tears
- A White Lotus Banner
- A White Lutus Uniform
the_dragon_dancer
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

London 2012!

« Reply #494 on: Jan 13, 2008 03:09 pm »

Maybe the ancient way of firebending allows firebenders to firebend, even without the sun. And as we saw Iroh knows the ancient way, so maybe that's how he got out of prison.
That would be amazing! And then during Sozin's comet, maybe the real way of FB will be much more powerful than the anger and rage way to FB.

Hard Corps!
I keep Ostrich Horses.
Elaro
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #495 on: Jan 13, 2008 04:20 pm »

Somethings seemed a little sped up, some people where out of character (Katara letting them go alone?).

You know, if Avatar was longer, I think we would've seen a night scene with Katara and Aang; where she expresses her mistrusts of Zuko, and he reassures her that hey, he's handled Zuko before, he can do it again. Well, there should be one.

That would be amazing! And then during Sozin's comet, maybe the real way of FB will be much more powerful than the anger and rage way to FB.

Well, last time around, the FN soldiers were powered up. But maybe they were using the ancient ways of firebending. But maybe not.
« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2008 04:22 pm by Elaro » Logged

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself. And Azula. Madre de dios she'll kill us all!" -Max, if he was an avatard

"We shall fight them on the beach, we shall fight them in the streets, we shall fight them in our chambers of unheatingable magma..."
zukotiamo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #496 on: Jan 13, 2008 04:28 pm »

If Katara and Aang have a night scene talking about Zuko then I rest my case for Zutara (it's a lock!)

Keeper of Katara's PMS
Michela
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lin is my Hero!

« Reply #497 on: Jan 13, 2008 05:30 pm »

I loved this episode defenitly one of my favorites from this season.
Aang and zuko bonding oh yeah!

MissJean
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #498 on: Jan 13, 2008 06:25 pm »

At least the Dragon Dance is an improvement over Zuko's OTHER dance. Wink

http://go-devil-dante.deviantart.com/art/Avatar-Zuko-the-fire-lord-58128768
Anubis
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We'll meet again

« Reply #499 on: Jan 13, 2008 06:27 pm »

La is the ocean spirit, Tui is the moon spirit.

IF that is true, tell the guys from Avatarspirit. Because they adressed La as the moon spirit (as seen in the link I posted)

by the way:

DRAGONBALL... uhm I mean DRAGONDANCE Cheesy

« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2008 07:48 am by Anubis » Logged

'Love means exposing yourself to the pain of being hurt, deeply hurt by someone you trust.'

Keeper of "Aang's burp", "The Earth Kingdom battle tanks" and "The Fire Nation battle tanks".
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: