Dec 06, 2019 04:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Theory of Toph's blindness and Kohs face  (Read 9913 times)
TheNineTails
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Who ate my Friggin Ramen

« on: Sep 09, 2006 04:12 pm »

Remember when Koh said he stole the face of the avatars past love. What if Koh has Toph's eyes. I mean not saying Aang will or will not fall in love with her but Koh was in a swamp and Aang did see Toph in a swamp. I have the feeling that Kohs face is Tophs face with normal eyes. Anyone else think anything like this? Basically the avatars previous love is Toph reincarnated with no sight instead of no face.

Moony the Wolf
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Eek! Run for your life from the acorn!!!

« Reply #1 on: Sep 09, 2006 04:15 pm »

Hmmm....that's an interesting theory. I think you might be on to something.

QoTw:

Prince Zuko: How stupid do you think I am?
Sokka: Pretty stupid.
mistresskatara
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Kataang is a drug. Say yes to the drug.

« Reply #2 on: Sep 09, 2006 06:15 pm »

I personally like to imagine that Katara is his love reincarnated, partly because she looked kind of like her, and partly because I like to think of their souls as being meant for each other throughout eternity, but who knows?

That's a really cool theory. I like it. Smiley

Disapproval- a KGA Challenge fic
Keeper of Chin's giant Avatar floats, Aang's smile, Katara's blush, and Sokka's love of meat.
TheNineTails
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Who ate my Friggin Ramen

« Reply #3 on: Sep 09, 2006 06:31 pm »

I don't think the girl Koh showed is the lost love I think its just a face he took off some girl.

jakniclesin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

LIES!!!

jakniclesin@yahoo.com
« Reply #4 on: Sep 09, 2006 07:10 pm »

I doubt Koh could just take someones eyesight, he takes the face, not the senses.

Keeper of Toph's Manners.
Force
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5 on: Sep 09, 2006 07:39 pm »

"Even though I was born blind, I've never had a problem seeing. I see with earthbending." - Toph

TheNineTails
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Who ate my Friggin Ramen

« Reply #6 on: Sep 09, 2006 08:28 pm »

Exactly BORN BLIND as in reincarnated without sight.

Nat
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I haven't given up hope yet. ;_;

darthnat@hotmail.com charaznable26
« Reply #7 on: Sep 09, 2006 09:52 pm »

I think Toph's blindness is meant as a parallel to how the original earthbenders, the badger moles, are also blind earthbenders, not that she had her sight taken away in a past life.  Plus, there's no real evidence in the show that anyone but the Avatar is reincarnated.

TheNineTails
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Who ate my Friggin Ramen

« Reply #8 on: Sep 09, 2006 10:45 pm »

The Avatar is the link between worlds he could have asked whoever's in charge up there in the spirit world to bring her back to live her life normally with a face
(Here comes crazy how Roku theory as well)

The girl who loved Roku somehow gets her faced stolen then Roku goes to the spirit world and asked whoever is in charge of that kinda stuff. Whoever it is then agrees to reincarnate her but it comes with a price...Roku's life in exchange for hers. He then agrees and gets killed then Aang is born into the avatar cycle and a little girl by the name of Toph is born but her parents are amazed....little Toph is blind.

Probably a longshot but it would explain how Roku dissappeared(which I don't believe but some people seem to)

Nandireya
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The pouty Disillusioned Water Tribe Tot

« Reply #9 on: Sep 09, 2006 10:50 pm »

Plus, there's no real evidence in the show that anyone but the Avatar is reincarnated.

Going on most Eastern religious beliefs EVERYBODY'S reincarnated...and most often we pretty much associate with the same souls over and over...just in different guises and relationships...so Katara could have been Gyatso (reflected in the close bond they share)...Sokka could have been Kuzan (wouldn't it be a kick if he found out?  "I used to be a firebender?  No way!")...or maybe Zuko was (seeing as he was the one Aang mentioned Kuzan too...foreshadowing that their past friendship will be reignited)...

The Road Less Travelled Duty
Keeps Zuko's Path to Redemption and "I'm Never Happy"
Tananda
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av by omgasp

Michelle+es+FAG
« Reply #10 on: Sep 09, 2006 10:52 pm »

Hmm I personally think Roku was killed by the FN when he refused to cooperate with their war strategizing. Also Koh said: "One of your previous incarnations tried to slay me! It was eight or nine hundred years ago."

If she is a reincarnation, this probably her fifteen or so reincarnation from being that stolen face.

Nat
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I haven't given up hope yet. ;_;

darthnat@hotmail.com charaznable26
« Reply #11 on: Sep 10, 2006 12:02 am »

Going on most Eastern religious beliefs EVERYBODY'S reincarnated...and most often we pretty much associate with the same souls over and over...just in different guises and relationships...so Katara could have been Gyatso (reflected in the close bond they share)...Sokka could have been Kuzan (wouldn't it be a kick if he found out?  "I used to be a firebender?  No way!")...or maybe Zuko was (seeing as he was the one Aang mentioned Kuzan too...foreshadowing that their past friendship will be reignited)...

Yeah, but they practically shove the fact that Aang has past lives down our throat in the show... but make absolutely no mention of anyone else having past lives.  Or at least if everyone is reincarnated, no one but the Avatar has ever been aware of it.  You'd think that if reincarnation was a big thing in the Avatar world, more mention would be made about it instead of all the talk about reincarnation being about Aang and the Avatar.

Nandireya
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #12 on: Sep 10, 2006 12:46 am »

Yeah, but they practically shove the fact that Aang has past lives down our throat in the show... but make absolutely no mention of anyone else having past lives.  Or at least if everyone is reincarnated, no one but the Avatar has ever been aware of it.  You'd think that if reincarnation was a big thing in the Avatar world, more mention would be made about it instead of all the talk about reincarnation being about Aang and the Avatar.

Yeah...I guess there's something in that...

TheNineTails
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Who ate my Friggin Ramen

« Reply #13 on: Sep 10, 2006 01:03 am »

Maybe the Avatars reincarnation is the only one they mention SO FAR cause its the only one that matters. Cause Katara being Gyatso would be kinda wrong(imagines Aang and Katara kissing)

Katara-Smootch.
Aang-Hey you kiss like Gyatso!!!
Katara-(Unusually deep voice) I know.
Aang-WTF!!! J/K

I personally think Momo is Gyatso. He was the only thing left alive at the Southern air temple and he did lead them to Gyatso's corpse which was surprisingly damage free.(I smell conspiracy) Also there were no other bodies or scorch marks anywhere on the air temples which leads me to believe most air nomads fled then interbred into other races. cough*Ty Lee's unusual gray eyes and upbeat peppy AIR head attitude*cough.

Nandireya
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #14 on: Sep 10, 2006 01:12 am »

Katara-Smootch.
Aang-WTF!!! J/K

I'm a little concerned that Aang knows what Gyatso kisses like...

I'm not saying Katara was Gyasto...I was just illustrating my point...I've heard the Momo/Gyatso theory before...he may have made some sort of deal in order to come back to help his beloved student...

I'd add something about Toph, but I really don't know much about her...not being able to see Season Two and all...

Fire Starter
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

"No mercy for the weak."

« Reply #15 on: Sep 10, 2006 08:06 am »

i don't think that's going to happen.

Keeper of the Dai Li gauntlets
airbendergirl
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #16 on: Sep 10, 2006 08:34 am »

I don't think there was any particular cause of toph's blindness, i think she is just like that to symbolise Earth bending is really about waiting... and listening.

If i had to state i cause, i would just say that the blindness was caused by an illness or something.

Drink Tea
Read Newspaper
Complain about pointless things
Invade countries and claim them!
Support Conservatives
THIS IS BEING BRITISH!!!!
Darmani
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Maigano
« Reply #17 on: Sep 10, 2006 10:00 am »

Maybe the Avatars reincarnation is the only one they mention SO FAR cause its the only one that matters. Cause Katara being Gyatso would be kinda wrong(imagines Aang and Katara kissing)

Katara-Smootch.
Aang-WTF!!! J/K

I personally think Momo is Gyatso. He was the only thing left alive at the Southern air temple and he did lead them to Gyatso's corpse which was surprisingly damage free.(I smell conspiracy) Also there were no other bodies or scorch marks anywhere on the air temples which leads me to believe most air nomads fled then interbred into other races. cough*Ty Lee's unusual gray eyes and upbeat peppy AIR head attitude*cough.
The area was rather frigid as well as isolated from direct exposure.  Also well ya know dramatic license, it needed to look somewhat recognizable, as well as why he seemingly was still attired the same.

Darmani promises not to use "CANON" if Zutarians don't use "DESTINY"
I want a Book Air, Avatar Pen and Paper RPG, and *good* near free-form action video game. I also want a pony.
trustno1
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: Sep 10, 2006 12:17 pm »

I personally like to imagine that Katara is his love reincarnated, partly because she looked kind of like her, and partly because I like to think of their souls as being meant for each other throughout eternity, but who knows?

That's a really cool theory. I like it. Smiley

Toph has higher chances as the women seemed to have been EK:

compare it with the General:

A small evidance for the theory could be Toph being born blind as Kohs victims had to see him to get their face stolen and her appearance in "the Swamp", because of the "people who we have lost" and "time is an illusion" thing.
But one theory is as good as the other.^^

Extraordinary Lauren
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #19 on: Sep 10, 2006 02:05 pm »

I think that the woman who's face was stolen is a higher chance of being Katara. I mean it could be equal for both, toph's eyes are green and Katara's are blue. But Toph's hair is black. Though it could be that your outside apperence changes every single time. We wont know until the creators tell us. I dont think Though that Toph's eye sight was stolen. She was just merely born that way.

Keeper of Iroh's Jasmine Tea, Iroh's Tea Recipes, and The Eastern Air Temple.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: