Nov 14, 2019 12:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Avatar on Amazon Unbox  (Read 1173 times)
ataricat
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Sep 09, 2006 01:17 pm »

Amazon's new Unbox service, which is a sort of video-only version of iTunes with TV shows and movies for download, has Avatar episodes for sale.

The price for TV shows is the same as iTunes, ($1.99) but the file size is much larger (around 460MB) and the picture looks at least near DVD quality.

Not all the Avatar episodes are up yet, but it could prove a better alternative to iTunes for people who'd rather download episodes than buy them on DVD.
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1 on: Sep 09, 2006 01:29 pm »

Amazon's new Unbox service, which is a sort of video-only version of iTunes with TV shows and movies for download, has Avatar episodes for sale.

The price for TV shows is the same as iTunes, ($1.99) but the file size is much larger (around 460MB) and the picture looks at least near DVD quality.

Thank you! This just supports my theory that soon our televisions will have hard drives in them and we will store all our movies on them or smart cards...Well, it's more of a wish than a theory Wink

Not all the Avatar episodes are up yet, but it could prove a better alternative to iTunes for people who'd rather download episodes than buy them on DVD.

Nandireya
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The pouty Disillusioned Water Tribe Tot

« Reply #2 on: Sep 09, 2006 06:41 pm »

It could also be an excellent alternative for those of us outside the continental United States seeing as iTunes won't let us download them...of course Amazon might not let us either...I'll have to go and check it out...

*EDIT* Nope...US customers only...(insert annoyed curses here)
« Last Edit: Sep 09, 2006 06:44 pm by Nandireya » Logged

The Road Less Travelled Duty
Keeps Zuko's Path to Redemption and "I'm Never Happy"
jakniclesin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

LIES!!!

jakniclesin@yahoo.com
« Reply #3 on: Sep 09, 2006 07:06 pm »

Can't you create an account for the U.S. version of the site and buy them that way?

Keeper of Toph's Manners.
Nandireya
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The pouty Disillusioned Water Tribe Tot

« Reply #4 on: Sep 09, 2006 07:40 pm »

Can't you create an account for the U.S. version of the site and buy them that way?

My credit card billing address would still be outside the US...and if I sent a money order it would be an International Money Order with Australian postmarks and my cover would still be blown...

Looks like I'll have to invest in a multi-region DVD player and wait for Season Two to hit DVD...assuming they'll send the DVDs outside the US...

The Road Less Travelled Duty
Keeps Zuko's Path to Redemption and "I'm Never Happy"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: