Aug 22, 2019 07:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 415 (48.9%)
9 - 207 (24.4%)
8 - 143 (16.9%)
7 - 52 (6.1%)
6 - 17 (2%)
5 - 4 (0.5%)
4 - 2 (0.2%)
3 - 2 (0.2%)
2 - 2 (0.2%)
1 - 4 (0.5%)
Total Voters: 824

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [312] The Western Air Temple  (Read 140950 times)
Fomorian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #25 on: Dec 15, 2007 10:53 am »

Toph didn't stand a chance against CM, because zuko burnt her feet (which was her own fault).. Otherwise she would have pwnt him :lol:

How was it her fault?

Also, were there any commercials for this episode at all? I only found out about it through ASN.

She didn't announce herself before stepping towards Zuko.. She acted like an intruder. Zuko attacked with a reason.

She didn't have time to announce herself. Did you expect her to walk around screaming her name until she found Zuko? Zuko overreacted, he even acknowledges that.
fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #26 on: Dec 15, 2007 10:53 am »

Once again Toph lack of experience in the group, let her be the rational thinker, because she didn't have the emotional connection that the others had towards Zuko. Just like in The Chase, she rational realised Appa's sheeding was leading Azula right to them. The others are to emotional connection to think like that. (maybe Sokka and Katara was thinking the same thing, just didn't want to say that to Aang)

Anyway having Toph be in the group, her lack of experience of being in the group, sometimes it is helpful.

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
primeprotects
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am a Sukiteer. (OLAF!) [Purple!] {BSG}

« Reply #27 on: Dec 15, 2007 10:53 am »

And: YAY!! Just as I thought: Appa welcomed Zuko with a big "kiss"!!!

Big Lick Theory is now LAW!!

I think this is now my favorite episode. Yes, it's possibly because Appa licked Zuko. Well, yeah, that's probably why. Grin

The animation was stunning. Really beautiful to see.

I'm so happy we get to see Zuko as his dorky self. He was the funniest one in the episode for me, something I never really thought would happen.

I'm glad Katara acted the way she did. I wanted her to resist Zuko joining the most, and she did. I like that their personalities have kind of switched. It'll be better for the both of them in the end.

Boomerang is back! And CM is dead. I'm so happy about that. He was the worst villain ever.

*squees* Bick Lick Law! Makes me so happy.

"Well, I'm back." - Samwise Gamgee The Return of the King
High Elemental
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Searching for My True Steak

« Reply #28 on: Dec 15, 2007 11:00 am »

Combustion Man's demise was terrible; his potential was so wasted it's ridiculous. He could have been so much more. Well anyway the rest of the episode was pretty good, Zuko was kind of corny at times, but it was still a good episode. Combustion Man's death is such a waste though; we could have at least known his true name.
« Last Edit: Dec 15, 2007 11:11 am by High Elemental » Logged

fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #29 on: Dec 15, 2007 11:09 am »

If I can set the record straight, at one point when the gAang is reminding Zuko of their past, Katara said "You stole my mother's necklice and and used to track us down and capture us."

Zuko has done a lot of bad things, but like he said before he didn't steal it. He found the necklice. So there, Katara was wrong on that one. But like Katara said about giving Zuko a medal for not being more bad.
« Last Edit: Dec 15, 2007 11:13 am by fireywaters » Logged

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
cooltiger413
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

made by lightbender15

« Reply #30 on: Dec 15, 2007 11:10 am »

I think the episode was really good and well formated. I give this episode a 7.
Fire Starter
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

"No mercy for the weak."

« Reply #31 on: Dec 15, 2007 11:21 am »

those flash backs were so short, but they were definitely my favourite parts of the episode.

Keeper of the Dai Li gauntlets
88firenation88
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #32 on: Dec 15, 2007 11:24 am »

so much for zutara.
TheSilentShadow
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Death incarnate

« Reply #33 on: Dec 15, 2007 11:25 am »

I don't see why some people don't like the episode, I thought it was more or less a perfect way to show how Zuko joined the Gang. It was natural for them to distrust him at first, and I'm betting that the awkwardness won't go away for a while.

(1) Zuko would be a horrible salesman. He is absolutely hilarious in his acceptance/firebending teacher interview speeches.
(2) I liked the battle between the Gang and Combustion man, although it was just a little bit short.
(3) Katara threatening Zuko at the end was uncharacteristic, yet understandable. Did anyone see the parallels here between Roku threatening Sozin?

Also, the dark, sinister side she showed reminded me of Hamma..creepy enough to send a shiver down your spine.

Finally, I wonder why Zuko did not mention his relation to Aang.(through Roku etc) as I'm pretty sure he would've been carrying that headdress with him in his backpack and could show it as proof. I suppose it just did not occur to him, owing to his nervousness.

Overall:8/10

« Last Edit: Dec 15, 2007 11:30 am by TheSilentShadow » Logged

Roshi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #34 on: Dec 15, 2007 11:32 am »

"Hello, Zuko here." was the best moment of the entire series.

Zutara is not dead... If you think it is, you have no imagination. here

marikunin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lioness Heart

girlwatershaman@msn.com marikunin
« Reply #35 on: Dec 15, 2007 11:33 am »

::watches episode::
::spazzes and dies in her own foamy puddle::
OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!
ZUKO JOINED THE GAANG!!! ........but Katara threatened to kill him! Ouch.
And...
Zuko Impersonations! I CRACKED UP when I saw him do this.

Sig made by Eira! Smiley
Keeper of Yugoda\'s Healing Mannequin, Lieutenant Jee\'s Pipa, Ummi\'s wedding dress, and Tai Min\'s wedding dress.
Serving Jesus Christ since I was 9.
FouTix
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #36 on: Dec 15, 2007 11:46 am »

Sokka showing Zuko his room was awkardly hilarious.   Grin

''So...Here you go, home sweet home...I guess, you know for now...''

''Unpack...Lunch soon. Uuhhhhh...Welcome aboard? Yeah...''

Too aang:

''Okay. This is really, really weird...''
zaphyrai
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

According to him, I'm beautiful, incredible!

« Reply #37 on: Dec 15, 2007 11:47 am »

awwwwww there it is!

I loved this episode purely for the simple fact that Katara seems as loyally dedicated to Aang now as he has been to her for 2 entire seasons. Sure, she's been protective of him in the past, but usually through that she manages to keep a firm hold on her own opinions even if they contradict his.

This epp, her heart was dead set against allowing Zuko in, maybe a small flicker of doubt, but almost entirely dead set against him and instead of remaining steadfastly stubborn and refusing to accept the gaang's decision, thus making life difficult for Zuko, she decides to go along with whatever Aang thinks is the right thing to do. I about squeed my pants when she said that.

It was like, she was giving up, saying "I love you, and if you think this jerkwad of a guy is the one you need to teach you firebending right now, honey, I'm 100% behind you." it was adorable!

but of course she holds onto her mistrust and voices it, cluing poor Zuko in on exactly who he's messing with here. Katara might be sweet voiced and pretty, but boy he knows better then to cross Aang in her presence now.

I have a feeling she might try to interfere with the firebending practice, going on about how rough Zuko's being with Aang and Aangie boy might have to pull her aside and give her a firm talking-to. like "Zuko's not trying to attack me, he's teaching me! now would you relax and let me learn?" lol. poor poor overprotective Katara. best part of the epp in my opinion.

TOPH! I winced when she got burnt. that was hard to watch. she was so panicked it made me really mad at Zuko, even though I knew he didn't mean it.

and ORCACAM! YOU GOT YOUR TOKKA AT THE END! lol. it was far away, but still, Sokka was carrying Toph, and I bet you anything she was leaning against his chest. lol

yeah, the shipping is why i watch the show. SO SUE ME! lol

all in all, a perfectly executed episode. 10/10

iKeep: Katara's laughter and Aang's air marbles ^_^
IrohAmca
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #38 on: Dec 15, 2007 11:51 am »

This episode made me feel a bit sad and worried. I would expect a better welcome from Gaang in the end, but they were so cold to Zuko. It's understandable, but still I felt bad about the way Gaang treats Zuko, especially Katara.

"Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source. True humility is the only antidote to shame"  ~Uncle Iroh~
Flamiogirl
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

IT'S OVER?! NOOO!!!

« Reply #39 on: Dec 15, 2007 11:52 am »

Zuko is apart of The Gaang now Smiley I wished this would have happened in the COD! Goofy Zuko is awesome. We can finally see a more gentle side of him now. CM dying... didn't see that one coming ,but it did make a good plot device. Katara threatening Zuko... I felt so bad for him, but that is understandable. For those who think Zutara is dead. Its not dead yet! Zuko has 9 more episodes to make up with Katara (if not romantic, then friendly). I really liked this episode.
« Last Edit: Dec 15, 2007 11:57 am by Flamiogirl » Logged

Keeper of:
Aang and Onji's Ba Sing Se Dance
Zuko's tea making skills
Mai's "Anything to get out of this place."

Ships: Zutara(Kazuko), Kataang, Sukka, Tokka, Zukaang, non-mushy Maiko
coinmanmat
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #40 on: Dec 15, 2007 11:57 am »

so much for zutara.
Yep, Katara perty much hates Zuko, she was even making death threats to him. He may have gained trust from Sokka,Toph and Aang but Katara is still expressing hard feelings towards him, now I bet that she will begin to trust him more in the episodes to come because lets face it Zuko is the only person who can teach Aang firebending, Iroh is somewhere and that Jong Jong guy has not been seen since season 1, so Zuko is the only other firebender out there that is not trying to eliminate the Avatar.
« Last Edit: Dec 15, 2007 12:02 pm by coinmanmat » Logged

Thanks to Moses for the awesome Bleach sig and Icon
Zukiesgal8567
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Zutara? Lyk yah!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #41 on: Dec 15, 2007 12:01 pm »

Where can I find this episode and watch it?
coinmanmat
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #42 on: Dec 15, 2007 12:04 pm »

Where can I find this episode and watch it?
We can't tell you where to watch it because it would be against the rules of this site because any place that you can view it on the internet would be illegal to do so. Requesting or posting links to these viewing sites can get you banned from ASN.

Thanks to Moses for the awesome Bleach sig and Icon
High Elemental
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Searching for My True Steak

« Reply #43 on: Dec 15, 2007 12:06 pm »

You can PM someone links though, you just can't post them in a thread.

Angel_Mizu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Zuko fan & Zutara shipper.

Angel_of_Chaos_3@hotmail.com angel_darkchylde
« Reply #44 on: Dec 15, 2007 12:15 pm »

so much for zutara.
Yep, Katara perty much hates Zuko, she was even making death threats to him. He may have gained trust from Sokka,Toph and Aang but Katara is still expressing hard feelings towards him, now I bet that she will begin to trust him more in the episodes to come because lets face it Zuko is the only person who can teach Aang firebending, Iroh is somewhere and that Jong Jong guy has not been seen since season 1, so Zuko is the only other firebender out there that is not trying to eliminate the Avatar.

Katara is uber pissed off now yes. But that doesn't mean the end of Zutara. It can still go in any direction. I am personally a Zutara shipper.

I love when he's mimicing uncle and Azula. I almost died laughing. And everyone but Toph being bitter and mistrustful is completely expected. There'd be a problem if they didn't react the way they did. And I hope that's the end of CM.

As for when to watch it, this is only a guess. But last time YTV did an Avatar marathon we got the first 4 eps. And on the 28th is a 7 ep marathon....so I'm guessing it'll be the other bringing us back to the end of the Day of Black Sun. So in a few weeks it may air on YTV again. But that's just a guess.
no one knows
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Who wants to touch me?

« Reply #45 on: Dec 15, 2007 12:18 pm »

I both liked and didn't like this episode at the same time. It's sort of like the awakening, it covered something we've all been really waiting to see, but it didn't flow all that well. Sokka's comedy was completely forced, the random comments are getting kind of old, zuko was actually funnier. The only thing i really liked was zuko talking to himself. the CM part could have been so much better. it's obvious now that he was just an action filler for the first few episodes of the season. 
Crystal Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

-A One Girl Revolution-

« Reply #46 on: Dec 15, 2007 12:19 pm »

I was overall happy with the Western Air Temple episode though there were some very awkward moments concernig plot. I reall loved the fact that Toh showed that she's not just the girl who yellls at everyone, she was the only one who was ableto trust Zuko. I did feel bad for  her when zuko burned her feet, she freaked less in a violent way in more in a scarred way which gave her even more development. Overall it was a good episode for Toph.

Katara will snap you in half if you mess with Aang.......Daaaaanng she looked like she was going to end Zuko's "destiny" right then and there. I like that she is still protective of Aang and I hope that doesn't faulter too much in the next episodes. I sorta hope someone threatens him so that we can see a pissed of Katara attack.

Zuko is a dork....But I want to hug him after this episode XD He really mimiced Jake Long's awkward moments in his character very well and I couldn't stop laughing. I especially liked when he was mimicing Iroh and Azula XD

The only thing I didn't like was Teo, The Duke, and Haru's role. They just randomly came in and left every now and then....I hope there is some reason that they are here.....

Overall I liked the episode but it had some issues with certain parts. 8/10

-Sig by the awesome Dark Phazon of the SRB fourm-
1st chair sungi hornist
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #47 on: Dec 15, 2007 12:20 pm »

I think I'm the only one who was disappointed with this one.

I found Zuko's "rehearsal" and his impressions annoying.  I usually like Dante's voice-acting but this just made me cringe!  And I would hope Zuko would be smart enough by now to bring some items of good will (Roku's headpiece, detailed maps of Fire Nation military sites....something) to help convince the Gaang that he's with them.

Combustion Man's "death" (if he is dead) was a total cop-out; I wasn't expecting (or wanting) some epic, Dragon Ball Z, type ending but his demise seemed out of no-where as if the writers knew they needed to get rid of him this episode but didn't want to spend much time with it.

The Western Air Temple itself seemed pretty cool but I was hoping to see more of it (next episode?).

The only good point of this episode for me were Katara's threats and everything involving Toph (still the most lovable character in my opinion).
azekeprofit
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A picture is worth a thousand words

« Reply #48 on: Dec 15, 2007 12:23 pm »

Impersonating Zuko was hilarious:

Zuko, you have to look within yourself to save yourself from your other self. Only then your true 'self' reveal itself.
No wonder it boggles Zuko's mind to understand this phrase -- too self-ish!

And the animal thing Zuko was talking to, reminded me of Crogunk.
It was hypno-toad. You know, the one everyone loves. Zuko is not exception.

...And CM is dead. I'm so happy about that. He was the worst villain ever.
Colonel Mongke would challenge CM in this aspect -- he just comes by, gets his butt kicked by Aang or Zuko and disappears for good.

Can't wait for more Zuko-gAang interaction...

How Avatar is titled throughout the world:

PM if you see a mistake
lune_ellise
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #49 on: Dec 15, 2007 12:25 pm »

His practising his speech: great! Wonderful voice acting by Dante Basco (the part with "... but then I realized I was bad... buuuat anyway... *sigh*..." cracks me up every time!) I fell off my chair laughing, and just got back on it when Zuko started impersonating Iroh...

OMG I was thinking about the same thing! The beautiful part of the "buaaat" was that the mouth of the cartoon and the intonation of the voice actually coincided! Impersonating Iroh was OK, but I cracked myself when Zuko said he can't understand his proverbs!

And: YAY!! Just as I thought: Appa welcomed Zuko with a big "kiss"!!!

I knew IIIIT!!!
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: