Nov 16, 2019 08:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 415 (48.9%)
9 - 207 (24.4%)
8 - 143 (16.9%)
7 - 52 (6.1%)
6 - 17 (2%)
5 - 4 (0.5%)
4 - 2 (0.2%)
3 - 2 (0.2%)
2 - 2 (0.2%)
1 - 4 (0.5%)
Total Voters: 824

Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [312] The Western Air Temple  (Read 143202 times)
Acastus
Expert Advisor
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Victim of the gelatinous cube.

« on: Dec 15, 2007 09:57 am »

Short description: ...

Note: This has been posted before the US broadcast since the episode has been broadcast in Canada. Please ONLY post if you've seen the episode. Any posts such as "gee, I'm so jealous I can't see this episode yet!" or placeholder posts will be removed without comment!
fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2007 10:04 am »

I just saw it. It was excellent. Zuko was so funny practicing talking to the group, Dante Basco finally showed his Jake Long side in this series. And the animal thing Zuko was talking to, reminded me of Crogunk.

Is CM dead? I hope so, it is time to move on to move on to new opponents, mainly Fire Lord Ozai. How cool was it to see another flashback.

Aang also had to deal with his past demons, he didn't want a Fire Bending teacher period, but now he accepts his fate, as does Zuko. There has been a connection to those two characters from the beginning.

Notice Haru, Teo, and the Duke had barely any lines. They are not going to be here long. When they left to go find Toph, it felt like they were kids from a horror movie, who we would never see again. I am just kidding, but they could end up like Lee from Jeong Jeong's group.

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
shareezma
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2007 10:07 am »

I've never seen Katara that angry before. Overall, this episode was okay.. well good. The Western Air Temple looked awesome! The whole temple was situated upside down.
KiwiBerry369
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2007 10:11 am »

did anyone else see this guy popping in in certain flashes? i thought it was hilarious! wonder if its part of a commercial or a mix-up

Although you're not linking people to an streaming site, you're advertising where the episodes can be found illegally. Please do not do this again.

-Tananda, Board Moderator
« Last Edit: Dec 15, 2007 11:44 am by Tananda » Logged
orcacam07
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2007 10:12 am »

That was so great, My All time favorite line,

"WHY AM I SO BAD AT BEING GOOD!?!"

Combustion Man is dead, That really suprised me.

"If you keep attacking, I won't pay you! Okay, I'll pay you double to stop!"

MingUe
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

MingZula is Forever

« Reply #5 on: Dec 15, 2007 10:17 am »

The whole episode was awesome and I really enjoyed the Zuko/Katara interaction. Why can't Katara be evil like that all the time? I wonder what that whole conversation will come back as...

But I think we had some TOKO goodness!!

Why Edward Hates Blondes?

Avy by Tonnie & Sig by Electrimafried
Rock Like Toph
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

*cackles*

« Reply #6 on: Dec 15, 2007 10:17 am »

It's not very surprising that the Gaang would be, ah, reluctant to let him join, but I didn't think they would be downright hostile. Zuko's impersonations were great, as was him trying to stop Combustion Man: "I'll pay you double to stop!" I called Appa remembering and licking Zuko, and the Teo-Duke-Haru factors were perfectly used: They didn't take too much attention away, but they got some nice little moments here and there. "It's THE Duke!" made me smile. Overall, this was a good transition episode, and I can't wait for more.

Me after Zuko's "I'm joining the Avatar" line: "It's about time, jerkhole!"

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."
kataangkool757
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avy by me

« Reply #7 on: Dec 15, 2007 10:21 am »

Very nice episode. I like the "Its THE Duke!". And, sadly, the CM is dead. It also does my heart good that Katara is willing to kill to protect Aang. And she said she'll go with whatever he says! But enough of my inner shipper, this was a good episode.

Keeper of: Katara and Aang's first epi. as a couple
*has nothing else to put in sig*
zukosmyman
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8 on: Dec 15, 2007 10:22 am »

Ah, where to start... I really really liked this episode, mainly because it has a lot of Zuko in all variations in it.
His practising his speech: great! Wonderful voice acting by Dante Basco (the part with "... but then I realized I was bad... buuuat anyway... *sigh*..." cracks me up every time!) I fell off my chair laughing, and just got back on it when Zuko started impersonating Iroh and Azula... fell off again.

And: YAY!! Just as I thought: Appa welcomed Zuko with a big "kiss"!!!

Combustion man: went down quite fast, a little too fast, but I guess good riddance of him.

Katara: Her reaction was to be expected, and I tend to believe that this is really the end of Zutara, because all she could think of was Aang getting hurt by Zuko. But... it could also be a start, with him slowly earning her trust... starting some cozy camp fires... Who knows?? ;o)

I´m wondering if we see Katara bloodbending again (perhaps on Zuko, because she thinks he´s going to do something bad)? It would be too strange a thing to mention it only in one episode.

And finally: YESSSSSS YESSSSS!!! ZUKO IS GOING TO BE AANG´s FIREBENDING TEACHER!!!
zukosmyman
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #9 on: Dec 15, 2007 10:22 am »

Did they say on YTV when the next episode airs?
MingUe
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

MingZula is Forever

« Reply #10 on: Dec 15, 2007 10:25 am »

I wish Zuko had mentioned to KAtara that SHE was the one who went back on her offer to heal his scar.

Why Edward Hates Blondes?

Avy by Tonnie & Sig by Electrimafried
link0007
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #11 on: Dec 15, 2007 10:25 am »

I loved the whole "going down the tunnel will be even better now that I fixed my brakes!" thing too..

And why didn't zuko keep the frog as a pet?! It kinda resembled Mai Cheesy

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.
Randir
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #12 on: Dec 15, 2007 10:26 am »

I found the construction of the Western Air Temple to be very interesting. However, it looked more like an Earthbending inspired Temple rather than an Airbending one. I guess I am just used to the high-up in the mountains forms of the Air Temples.

I liked this episode, but I was a little disappointed with Combustion Man's death. I mean, he through Zuko around like he was a toy, but was killed by a whack on the head by a boomerang? Also, I found it funny/annoying the Haru, The Duke and Teo were 'conveniently' searching the Temple rather than be in the episode. Though, it was cool that Sokka essentially took out Combustion Man when not even Zuko, Aang, Katara or Toph could do it.

I did very much like the confrontations between Zuko and the Gaang. I loved how Appa loves him, and it makes sense. I liked Katara's death threat at the end (and being a Zutara shipper, I consider this a rough start to a blossoming relationship...I am a shipper, let me have this). I also loved Zuko practicing to talk to the Gaang, and his subsequent rants, to the frog. I am interested in seeing what Zuko and Aang's training/teacher-student relationship is going to be.
Fomorian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: Dec 15, 2007 10:26 am »

Kind of unceremonious how CM bit the dust. I was expecting more of an apocalyptic fight. Either way, if he is gone for good then I'm fine with that. It was kind of cool how Sokka was the one to take him down too. One question though, where is Sokka's sword?

I really liked Toph in this episode, she seemed to have a more important role without it being an episode dedicated to her. Although it's a shame about happened to her feet. And I like how Teo, Haru, and The Duke resigned themselves to the roles I was thinking they would be, which is "hey let's go do something random together to get us out of the way" role.

I'm also stoked to see that crappy fake summary posted awhile back was completely false.
otaku_ben
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

o_l_me_l_o
« Reply #14 on: Dec 15, 2007 10:34 am »

I understand Toph's position on being friends so quickly. She already learned that Uncle Iroh was a good guy even though he was helping hunt the avatar with Zuko.

Katara was damn scary at the end. I agree that hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. I'm still wondering what will happen with Katara and Aang's relationship. I mean it's more obvious now how strong katara feels towards Aang and how she feels about Zuko.

Am I the only one who enjoyed how CM died. As much as a ten minute, no holds bar battle would of been nice; it warms my heart to see Sokka turning back to his Boomerang for help. And if you ask me this end was more fitting and realistic. We've already established that it's hard to get close to CM without losing a limb. Also his only weakness is being hit on the third eye. Not to mention toph's sight ability was knocked out of order so that couldn't help. I liked how he died and who made it possible.

Good episode if you ask me. Funny and serious. I also could tell for a few minutes Aang wanted to be a kid again and forget the war.

Keeper of:
Aang's Onion and Banana Juice
Iroh's White Jade Tea
Bumi's Mad Genius
Toph's Blind Bandit Persona
link0007
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: Dec 15, 2007 10:35 am »

Toph didn't stand a chance against CM, because zuko burnt her feet (which was her own fault).. Otherwise she would have pwnt him :lol:

Fomorian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #16 on: Dec 15, 2007 10:41 am »

Toph didn't stand a chance against CM, because zuko burnt her feet (which was her own fault).. Otherwise she would have pwnt him :lol:

How was it her fault?

Also, were there any commercials for this episode at all? I only found out about it through ASN.
tom-turbo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #17 on: Dec 15, 2007 10:41 am »

This was an amazing episode!  Many of my predictions came true regarding the treatment of Zuko as well as that Toph would be the one most accepting of him.

Other than that im not sure what else to say regarding this episode, except for Zuko's Iroh and Azula impression ^^ as well as Toph's spotlight which she so deserved (very dissapointed with the Runaway Sad)! 

One thing that peeved me though was the fact that there was no mention of Aang kissing Katara.  I thought that was what Katara wanted to talk to Aang about in the beginning Sad Either way, this was one of the best regarding plot development.  But now im peeved that the boy girl ration is 3:2  Embarrassed  I used to praise the show for the equality and prominent females on screen.  Hope it doesnt turn too bad Cheesy

Sig by Sunshine State
mdmartin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: Dec 15, 2007 10:45 am »

this was a really good episode. im so glad it didnt turn out to be that spoiler from the spamish wikipedia.So much for the zutarians
FouTix
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #19 on: Dec 15, 2007 10:46 am »

I watched the episode and when it ended I was satisfied. Really.

It's too bad Toph got her feet burned by Zuko. And I wonder how she is going to pay him back later like she mentioned near the ending. As A matter of fact, I can see them getting along as little sister and big brother.

As for Katara at the end was...Not really Katara.I know she protective and all, but threat was not like her...

Sokka made me laugh once again. When Appa licked Zuko the boy just came up with Zuko having himself coverd in honey for Appa to lick him.

I actually like the Haru, Teo and THE duke adds. I hope they have A bigger role in future episodes.

OH! And also Sokka carry Toph in his arms like that. That made it all worth the waiting <3
« Last Edit: Dec 15, 2007 10:55 am by FouTix » Logged
link0007
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #20 on: Dec 15, 2007 10:47 am »

How was it her fault?

Also, were there any commercials for this episode at all? I only found out about it through ASN.

She didn't announce herself before stepping towards Zuko.. She acted like an intruder. Zuko attacked with a reason.

schellibie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Welcome to Day 255,642 aboard the Axiom!

« Reply #21 on: Dec 15, 2007 10:48 am »

This was a really tense episode- I loved it! ;] Dorky!Zuko and awkward gaang interaction was really cool. And Katara at the end was awesome. Who would have though that they would have had one of the main protagonists threaten someone with death. If I ever see that clip in a "previously..." reel, I will be scared for Zuko. 

schelloopy trivia: WE FIGHT CRIME.

Hey ASNers! Because of marching band and school, I have a lot less time to hang out online... but I do update my LJ with all of my fanwork and goings-on!

Find me on LJ, BB. Wink
coinmanmat
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #22 on: Dec 15, 2007 10:48 am »

Did they say on YTV when the next episode airs?
Posibly December 28, they did not actually say that but their is suposed to be an Avatar marathon on the 28th with a new episode maybee.

Thanks to Moses for the awesome Bleach sig and Icon
Lizard-Man
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Not a Genetic Mutant Abomination

« Reply #23 on: Dec 15, 2007 10:48 am »

A very good episode for the aftermath of DoBS. Still a few points I wished they touched on, Suki for one, Iroh second and whats happening back in the capital third, but this show is only thirty minutes so not everything can be covered.

Toph usually has the most level head of anyone, how many times has she been right so far? Oh yeah, almost everytime. Why doesn't the GAang listen to her more? Either way, stupid Zuko for bending first before asking questions. Oh well, it gave me a nice scene where Sokka walks off with Toph bridal style, score.

Sokka takes down the Combustion Man! That was unexpected. Apparently that guy is so focused on getting the job done he doesn't care about NOT being paid or blowing up. Well, still, we now know Sokka still has his boomerang. Knew he wouldn't just drop that thing. As for his sword, probably in his bag or something. Who knows where he keeps all those weapons.

Katara was nasty in this episode, I think most of the hostility the group was feeling came from her. I mean she just threatened to kill Zuko at the end of the episode. Scary.

Anywho, I look forward to seeing more of the second half of the season. Its starting off pretty well and probably kick a lot of ass too.

"We Can't Stop here! This is Bat County"
FouTix
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #24 on: Dec 15, 2007 10:52 am »

How was it her fault?

She didn't announce herself before stepping towards Zuko.. She acted like an intruder. Zuko attacked with a reason.

Actually...They're both to blame.

Toph SHOULD have announced herself earlier, And Zuko should think before acting. Right?
Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: